Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you should be a human or ork or dwarf adept and then cheat in enough karma to do matrix bits. can even keep the 6 magic w the cyberware affinity thing

i fuckin love this drat game. i believe its a contender for the best character writing in a game, or at least serious contender for second compared to disco elysium or third compared to planescape

you should name em zeke shif, street name shifu

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_kung_fu_is_stronger_than_yours?wprov=sfti1)

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Soylent Pudding posted:

The street name also works if she's actually an Aussie immigrant to HK. On that note, if it's not gonna spoil the game, what are things like in 6th world Australia and the rest of Southeast Asia?

the wildlife is even more australian. aboriginal peeps have more mojo but iirc they werent able to pull off the stuff the native americans did

new zealand i know of nothing for. new zealand merged with australia lol. stuff is thin on the ground in aussieland too, just a couplea mentions in the almanac

sydney has a mana storm and is a city state, which actually got mentioned last game

rest of sea would be mild spoilers

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 8, 2020

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you are a fluent canto speaker from seattle, tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
brutally gamebreaking in tt in certain editions, meh in other editions and in these games

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

I am extremely excited to meet all of our party members. On the whole I think I like them very slightly more than the crew from Dragonfall. Glory and Eiger and Deitrich and Blutz were all great, but this game has a great cast.

i hipe you bring em into funny places

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i change my vote to vote for shin black as full name

nobody actually in korea in actual life would name their kid this but it is a properly outrageous hong kong name, like some of the ones we will see in heoi

and thats as spoilery as saying that hong kong is on the coast, they have those outrageous names in real life right now

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Dec 9, 2020

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

I think our last name comes automatically from our dad in this one? I might be mis-remembering.

Taz is a good street handle and seems like the choice of the people.

I like portrait #2 above, just one bad mama.

nah, you're adopted

its why duncans last name is wu

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you all should read this bit about names btw, we need to get less boring

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/10/hong-kong-loves-weird-english-names/263103/

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
goddamn it i used to have an anita fang as a client and she was a giant fuckin rear end in a top hat

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
this game (and this game only), there's swords that shoot lightning so you can do melee/ranged dealios. same deal w/ monowire whips which are only in this game iirc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its the best instant ramen thats ramen, not laksa

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nah theyre just balls hard

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
p much the ones kanfy is usin

theres also entire campaigns that peeps make about as big as the sr:r campaign and that one thats about as big as the whole game

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Alacron posted:

Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about my terrible name idea getting picked. It's like some mixture of pride and shame mixed with some other emotion that I can only describe as, "...really?"

this will not be within an order of magnitude of the most WTF name in the game. seriously go read that atlantic article I linked about hong konger names

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they dont put you in jail for killin ghouls, they give you a credstick

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
was shot in the head tho?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

sincx posted:

Noticeable lack of armored Unimogs, water cannons, and PLA backup from the in-game HKPF. 4/10 for accuracy.

Great start to the LP, I'm loving it!

play the extended edition addon thing instead. trust me

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the hong kong police force: brought to you by mitsuhama corp!

(actually, in this game)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the dude who sells you drones is better characterized than some aaa protags

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

apostateCourier posted:

Lorewise, cuffing the mage doesn't do poo poo. They don't need their hands to melt you into a puddle, they just need to be able to see you (sense, really, but sight is the most reliable). Kind of a shame that isn't modeled- one of the biggest nightmares of dealing with mages is that until they are dead they are a threat. An unconscious mage is a mage that might get you via ritual later if you left any physical evidence behind. Always geek the mage, and geek the mage first.

there's magecuffs and magemasks that will actually do the job in the tt crunch. if you don't send them to mage jail somehow and dont geek them they might geek you by ritual later yah

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 29, 2020

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

SIGSEGV posted:

OTOH, being a bit too eager about killing mages gets you attention and that attention can turn into Attention and then people whose Attention you have attracted might find your behaviour questionable.

Also any contamination such as rain or fire suppression fluids over the sample will make it decay and become useless within minutes, getting tracked down by genetics is a more serious threat in most cases.

theres gear for that too. grenade w dna in it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
one of the reasons this game is also amazing is it's a marvel of project management. if they didn't have the chutzpah to cut all sorts of poo poo out of the tabletop game this thing wouldn't have gotten made. and if the story wasn't really great the game would suck. but the story is great so they spent the right amount of money on the right poo poo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

kaosdrachen posted:

Here's a fun fact: Astral perception does not necessarily require being able to see. You can astrally perceive with your eyes closed. You can astrally perceive if you're physically blind. You can, in fact, astrally perceive while blindfolded.

Casting spells via the astral isn't quite as easy as doing it the conventional way, but it's still possible.

just gotta make sure you make the blindfold out of living material or some poo poo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hey the link to the dragonfall lp is broke in the op

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
basically scry-and-die in a game without teleportation. defensible by all the old gm tricks for fuckin w scry and die peeps. off the top of my head, counterambushing, traps, telling the pcs to knock it the gently caress off if its pc's, magic defenses specifically for that sort of thing

they put a fair amount of detail into disallowing the explicit clairvoyance scryanddie so just go further

also you would prolly have to get, like, a clear from the corporate court for ares to actually use the thing on someone who's not a nobody like a runner unless they want corporate war

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 30, 2020

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theres a spirit power for the deniable accident thing but getting a spirit w metamagic masking would be a pita

prolly a strong free spirit could do it

getting free spirits to do poo poo is not a thing you can feasibly and easily buy

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
should just shove it into a combat thing like these games, ex hong kong

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i enjoy them but everyone has to be into it and then it has to go wrong moderately but not totally, which is p hard to gm

its like in heist movies where a plan that works you cant tell the audience but a plan that will fail you can tell the audience. boring otherwise

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
makes sense if youre not orc yourself, orcs age a lot faster

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
which we will see in gobs and spades throughout lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
and the other one whose name i cant remember and im not gonna bother remembering

and the fuckin knight of the tower lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hey, any ol wheat will do for preventing beriberi

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Kobal2 posted:

Kindly Cheng is one of the greatest RPG NPCs in recent memory.

Also, the guy we're going to put the fear of god into (well, worse for him : the fear of Auntie Cheng, which has a more immediate quality to it) is called "steamed bun". That's not a very intimidating gangster name, is it ? Probably a jolly fat little dude.

Also, voting Gobbet because I always wind up bringing Izzie (which is not a very nice thing to do)

thats just bau1, theres 5 other tones and like 12 other meanings

its like meeting a dude named Do and saying that hes named after poo. Yeah you can say doodoo

i dont care about the walled city thing but you should finish the party, get all the party members first thing possible

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 10, 2021

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the nature of how theres a kwc is actually very spoilery, we should prolly not talk about it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
my rule of thumb is that nobody who writes for a living grokked exponents except martin gardner and greg egan

ive been proven wrong but only like 4 times

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they have absolutely tons of in mission rxns including some of the best content in the game and you will miss like a fifth of the game guaranteed no matter what you do

i just played twice

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if you want nonspoilers dealio, do whampoa and finish it w/o violence, there is absolutely a way to finish w/o violence.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
I preemptively vote to do the whampoa one first if we're going to even vote. do the whampoa one first, it'll increase humor value massively. you might think we might not wanna do whampoa one first but we wanna do whampoa one first

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hkpd is a division of mitsuhama in sr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
and its gone through many cycles of being frowned upon legally (or betting upon it being frowned upon legally) and the triads monopolizing it as with other illegal things!