Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Non-Funko version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Drawing both on comics and things stated in AoU and IW, I'm assuming that Cataract has Vision's memories and knowledge, but no personality. He's, at best, running a weak version of the JARVIS program. He's powered by an arc reactor and activated by Yomagic so he's probably around OG Ultron in personal force capability (lacking the Mind Stone). HexVision has his personality, but no memories, and is some kind of combination of Yomagic and yellow Mind Stone energy (somehow residual in Wanda). Cataract is the original Vision chassis, HexVision's physical form doesn't fully exist outside the Hex.

All that said, I think the finale is going to involve Wanda and Vision fighting Cataract, everyone realizing Wanda could just shut him down if she wasn't spending so much power keeping the Hex up, and Vision telling her to let it go and focus on stopping the evil him. Hex collapses, Vision dissolves, Cataract's defeated, but Vision winds up in the Cataract chassis, "whole" again if somewhat diminished. He tells Wanda he loves her, but she used him as a toy and tortured an entire town, so they can't be together. He floats off, she's in grief for him and the boys but realizes she can't just do that again, and decides to move forward with hope and hone her powers. She knows the boys aren't really gone, somehow.

Credits stinger is teen Billy Kaplan waking up in his family's apartment, mystified to discover he has magic powers.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I know we haven't gotten mutants yet but I feel this will be the biggest impact that will trigger future intolerance to mutants. Also Hayward totally make me think he'll have S.W.O.R.D. make Sentinels with Dr. Trask.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Waffleopolis posted:

I know we haven't gotten mutants yet but I feel this will be the biggest impact that will trigger future intolerance to mutants. Also Hayward totally make me think he'll have S.W.O.R.D. make Sentinels with Dr. Trask.

Call Dinklage, time for him to get back in the saddle.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I wonder if this ends with Wanda and Agatha working for Dr Strange as a kind of magical probation service type thing.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Non-Funko version.

Looks like when I'd start painting a 40K figure but then stop for the night.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Technowolf posted:

BONE PAINT FOR THIS and im done

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sanguinia posted:

Call Dinklage, time for him to get back in the saddle.

Gonna be a problem when the Sentinels are actually made by Eitri.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Wanda is Hot Blooded

Hayward is Cold as Ice

Vision was willing to sacrifice their love.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Technowolf posted:

Yea, gonna apply the wash then let it dry over night.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vision's corpse still had color in its cheeks so I wonder why Cataract went full limewash.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

McSpanky posted:

Vision's corpse still had color in its cheeks so I wonder why Cataract went full limewash.

"Can we make him cooler?"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah I can't be the only one who thinks White Vision...Wision? iVision?...has a way cooler design and color scheme than the garish purple green yellow of the original Vision. It's very Tron. I mean I see how it's supposed to feel soulless and sterile in comparison but honestly, mood.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Test Pattern posted:

HexVision has his personality, but no memories, and is some kind of combination of Yomagic and yellow Mind Stone energy (somehow residual in Wanda). Cataract is the original Vision chassis, HexVision's physical form doesn't fully exist outside the Hex.

I assumed the reveal with respect to Wanda's powers is that they don't actually come from the Mind Stone. That it was a sort of catalyst for powers that were already there, which she was able to access as a child to deactivate the Stark missile.

Wanda and Pietro's powers never quite made sense to me as being "born of the Mind Stone." I mean, the "making people hallucinate" part does, sure, but all the reality warping and wavy red energy-smoke seem like more of an Aether / Reality Stone thing. And why Mind Stone = speedforce, I have no idea. Now, it seems like they were both just mutants with latent abilities they weren't accessing until the Mind Stone unlocked them.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah I can't be the only one who thinks White Vision...Wision? iVision?...has a way cooler design and color scheme than the garish purple green yellow of the original Vision. It's very Tron. I mean I see how it's supposed to feel soulless and sterile in comparison but honestly, mood.

White Vision is literally the first version of him I ever saw.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm a bit late to the time travel / time lines party, but here's the Fantastic Four visiting the Time Variance Authority, the... Baddies? Loki will be dealing with in his series:

A bit earlier in the story-line, we see the FF and some Avengers time-travel to the future to prevent a big time (heh) cosmic catastrophe, and there's a panel or three with the same time machine from different time lines all converging on that same destination. Anyhoo, the comic here suggests that events do generate diverging time lines. The talking head there, Mobius M. Mobius, is an unreliable narrator to say the least, so it's not clear how much authority the TVA actually has. And of course, the MCU could just take a different approach that's easier to explain in 90 seconds of screen time.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Did the Avengers just leave Vision's dead body on the ground and Wakanda let some foreign military agency just haul billions of dollars of vibranium out of the country? Tony Stark never even tried to revive him on his own?

Kind of a dick move, guys.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Given how defeated and broken Tony was after getting back home from Titan, I wouldn’t be surprised if repairing Vision never even crossed his mind.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I would assume that given the Wakandans view of Vinranium and the honor they regard warriors with, his body was returned to Avengers HQ, at least that was the plan, for poper burial. Until SWORD swooped in and grabbed it. Tony was off world when Vision died, and probably didn't know how other than "Vision dead" and just assumed there was nothing to be done but try to start rebuilding.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Sanguinia posted:

Yeah the Vision was white when I first started reading comics and for most of my childhood. When they changed him back to the green/yellow/red I have always thought it looked wrong.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
what WAS the deal with Marvel and cuffed boots

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

MCU Vision's body was made by Ultron using the mind stone, so it's not something Tony could repair without a serious AC/DC montage scene.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Did the Avengers just leave Vision's dead body on the ground and Wakanda let some foreign military agency just haul billions of dollars of vibranium out of the country? Tony Stark never even tried to revive him on his own?

Kind of a dick move, guys.

The final shot of the Avengers is them gathered around Vision's body so it's doubtful they just left him there. Plus, Maria was presumably still in charge of SWORD so it's also doubtful they snatched his body right away. Heyward probably pulled his moves after she died, which was well after Tony had a kid and Steve became a counselor.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

swickles posted:

I would assume that given the Wakandans view of Vinranium and the honor they regard warriors with, his body was returned to Avengers HQ, at least that was the plan, for poper burial. Until SWORD swooped in and grabbed it. Tony was off world when Vision died, and probably didn't know how other than "Vision dead" and just assumed there was nothing to be done but try to start rebuilding.

Yeah, there's a chance SWORD got their paws on anything they could during the aftermath of the Snap. I mean, Wakanda? In absolute chaos as their king and a big chunk of their population just vanished. The Avengers? Trying to pull themselves together, dealing with the trauma of losing their love ones, trying to protect the world, helping out a bunch of Asgardians refugees coming out of the blue, etc,etc.

So SWORD coming up and being all "Oh! You are all doing a lot, let us help you out with that...promise we won't use it as a weapon of mass destruction."

Edit: It was Hayward all along~

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Lunatic Sledge posted:

what WAS the deal with Marvel and cuffed boots

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It was also the easiest way to draw shoes without looking like they were wearing a onesie.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

This image is fare more interesting. Black and Blue?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

BurritoJustice posted:

Ultron-Vision? :eyepop:
Nah, it's probably how Monica sees him with her super powers.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Desperado Bones posted:

Nah, it's probably how Monica sees him with her super powers.

That actually makes sense, especially because that is how it glows in the dark.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Ultravision.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

https://twitter.com/unspilledbeans/status/1366371737533874179?s=20

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It was also the easiest way to draw shoes without looking like they were wearing a onesie.

I thought that's what all the outside-underpants were for??

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sanguinia posted:

Everything I know about comic books I learned from this game.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

Night-Vision. :dadjoke:

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Marsupial Ape posted:

If it makes you feel better, I was deep into my 30s before I figured out Namor is just Roman spelled backwards. Imperious Rex!
I actually found this out in the worst possible way, as a youngster in 1993 and Rob Liefeld introduced the proud but hot-tempered king of Atlantis, with jet black hair and a green and yellow costume. He fought valiantly besides patriotic American heroes in World War II, but was back to wage war on the surface dwellers!

His name.... ROMAN

"Why is this Sub-Mariner ripoff named Roman? Oh! It's Namor backwards. OH! Namor has always been Roman backwards!"

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

FogHelmut posted:

“THERE IS NO ESCAPE!”

“YOU WILL BE THE ONE ESCAPING!”

man, those sprites were tiny for an early 90s arcade beat-em-up though

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Liefeld doing another one of his "homages"

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Doggles posted:

Night-Vision. :dadjoke:

:rimshot: (I snorted and giggled)

FogHelmut posted:

Which game was this one? I just remember playing the one with the giant Apocalypse. It was badass.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Desperado Bones posted:

Which game was this one? I just remember playing the one with the giant Apocalypse. It was badass.

Captain America And The Avengers, came out around the same time as the big 6-player X-Men brawler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectum
Nov 1, 2005

BurritoJustice posted:

No, I’m pretty sure that’s white and gold vision