Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Agatha is a few centuries old and quite willing to kill. Having her watch a sitcom from the inside is something she's no doubt patient enough to endure and smart enough to work her way out of if the plot demands it.

I wonder if Wanda will meet White Vision and give him the memories from WandaVision. Vision needs to come back. It helps that he's played by Paul Bettany but they have given what could have been a bland character a warm, wry and heroic personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It's kinda weird seeing everyone trying to compartmentalise her as one or the other. Wanda is both good and bad like literally every Marvel "hero"; Iron Man is a literal war criminal, Black Widow did a bunch of heinous poo poo (apparently), Magneto similarly treads the line. Flawed heroes have always been Marvel's thing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Geo Fixer posted:

I think they reference Dr.Strange in Captain America: The Winter Solider.
As a potential terrorist, which would square pretty nicely with a dude who just his medical license and hosed off to Nepal only to basically drop off the grid as part of a cult.

Unrelated this article is so salty it could feed a horse for a month:

https://collider.com/wandavision-problems-cameos-teasers/

quote:

I don’t watch Marvel stuff to feel feelings or to think about my emotions or consider my place in the world or my relationships with others. I watch them for two reasons: 1) To acknowledge comic books (the more obscure the better, so as to reward my efforts), and 2) to tease future Marvel projects at the expense of the one I’m currently watching. We all know that the best part of Avengers: Age of Ultron is when Thor (Chris Hemsworth) goes on his vision quest because that clued us into the Infinity Stones even though stones had already been mentioned the previous year in Guardians of the Galaxy. I also think we can all agree that Iron Man 2 is the best Marvel movie because it does so much heavy lifting in setting up future Marvel movies. And in my opinion, there has not been a better Marvel scene than the one in Thor where Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) is in a bucket to introduce us to Hawkeye.

quote:

I do not watch superhero movies and shows to think and feel. I watch them so that my fandom is affirmed, and being a fan means always looking ahead to the next thing rather than spending time in the present. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to start theorizing about when we can expect Chris Evans to make a cameo in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!

Oven Wrangler

mind the walrus posted:

And in my opinion, there has not been a better Marvel scene than the one in Thor where Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) is in a bucket to introduce us to Hawkeye.

This is a parody article right because there is no way this is a real opinion held by a real person.

e: ok reading the full article and yes it's a joke thank goodness

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 7, 2021

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yes even by Poe's Law that article is very, very obviously satire.

quote:

By treating Wanda’s story as one about grief, loss, and healing, Marvel denied me the chance to connect my comic book knowledge to the movies. Do you think we read comic books for fun? NO. We read them so we can amass a bunch of knowledge about storylines and then feel secure that we’re ahead of the curve when the movies come along to repeat those storylines. I haven’t been burned this badly by Marvel since The Mandarin turned out to be just an actor in Iron Man 3. Why would you play with my expectations, Marvel? To surprise me? To bring me joy? The only joy I feel is when my fan theories are proved correct so that people know I’m smart.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

The title of the article is "‘WandaVision’ Failed to Deliver Things That Were Never Promised to Me". What do you think?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!

Oven Wrangler

I only read the quotes and wasn't sure so I clicked through the link and saw the title.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass.

Yeah but Iron Man 3 Mandarin was bullshit.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I hope Falcon and Winter Soldier have the same poo poo (cameos and red herrings), with also a very okay cute line that will make people emotional, just to see if the internet can implode.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

FogHelmut posted:

Yeah but Iron Man 3 Mandarin was hilarious.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
crazy people don't like me

Keep in mind too Strange is still probably rebuilding the Sorcerer uh...crops? They lost a lot in the kaselius battle plus who knows what the snap/blip did to wreak havock on them all.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Dr. Strange 2 will probably have him defeated by Mordo in the first act, then he finds Wanda and they beat Mordo together at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

I hope Falcon and Winter Soldier have the same poo poo (cameos and red herrings), with also a very okay cute line that will make people emotional, just to see if the internet can implode.
Oh we're gonna have that + the immense joy of seeing political softballs lobbed very gently in the direction of "both sides" via the Flag-Smashers and USAgent. Looking very forward to the hot takes about that for the next 5 years.