Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

The_Doctor posted:

Maybe Stephen is English, but Marc is American so we don’t have to put up with that accent all the time.

Literally my first thought when he was called Marc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The_Doctor posted:

My big pet peeve is that for some reason they decided to portray the Natural History Museum as a school?

I love the use of Kid Cudi in that Moon Knight trailer.

I think it's more they were hosting a school trip, don't museums have educational rooms for that sort of thing? Although why you'd go to the Natural History Museum for a school trip and just sit in another classroom instead of looking at cool dinosaur skeletons is a legitimate question.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

The_Doctor posted:

My big pet peeve is that for some reason they decided to portray the Natural History Museum as a school?

I love the use of Kid Cudi in that Moon Knight trailer.

I don't know how it works over there but most natural history museums in America have classrooms for children who want to learn about dinosaurs over the summer, it's not that weird

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

loving UGH.

Schools are THE WORST.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

The_Doctor posted:

Maybe Stephen is English, but Marc is American so we don’t have to put up with that accent all the time.

Hmm

Marc
Stephen
Fist of Khonshu

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Moon Knight
Mo
Mephisto

Checks out

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Oscar Isaac is apparently aware of how ridiculous his accent sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPC049JCdMg

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Codependent Poster posted:

It looks like the museum may be the same place that Sersi and Dane work at.

Most likely it's gonna lead to Moon Knight teaming up with Blade and Black Knight in a Midnight Sons/Marvel Knights team. Hopefully they get to fight Dracula.

With Karun being their valet!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

pik_d posted:

In the trailer when Ethan Hawke says something about chaos is he talking about chaos magic in the same way that Agatha was talking about Wanda's magic?

Moon Knight has traditionally involved weird rear end magic, but it is specifically the magic of an Egyptian moon god and nothing to do with Agatha Harkness. They seem to be taking a lot of liberties with the source material, so it could be possible.

Ethan Hawke's character is a weird reference who was a minor character that only appeared in one comic and Moon Knight's different personalities seem to have different origins. So, they are most likely taking bits and pieces from the comics and spinning them into new things. It's like the MCU version of Ultimates.

This kind of reminds me how funny it is that in Marvel canon every single major polytheistic religion is proven to be 100% correct, but the Christian/Jewish/Muslim God of Abraham categorically cannot exist and the Bible is explicitly wrong about creation and humanity.

The_Doctor posted:

In the comics, he has different accents and personalities. One of which is a little girl and another is a fancy aristocrat. It seems like they are definitely playing the accent up and will use different voices to designate different personalities.

I just want them to be comics accurate and have him spend 1/4 of his screen time as a school girl.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 19, 2022

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's a little weird that people think very good actor Oscar Isaacs just completely bungled his English accent.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

live with fruit posted:

It's a little weird that people think very good actor Oscar Isaacs just completely bungled his English accent.
It reminds me a bit of the thing in Avenue 5 where people kept complaining about Hugh Laurie seems to be forgetting if he's supposed to be using his House accent or his regular accent from scene to scene.

As for the alternate personalities, traditionally it's only been

1) Marc Spector, an American son of Jewish refugees and former marine/soldier of fortune.
2) Steven Grant, millionaire playboy
3) Jake Lockley, cab driver

The "little girl" personality is strictly from Ultimate Spider-Man, where he had Grant, Spector, "The Inner Child", and Moon Knight as four distinct personalities, where she appeared for about three pages shortly before Moon Knight got beaten into a coma.

Then there's a second arc where Moon Knight comes out of a coma (and also survives getting shot in the head) because a fifth even more powerful personality (Ronin, the same Ronin as from Hawkeye) manifests. That last appearance was in 2007, and Ultimate Moon Knight has only appeared once or twice in group shots/flashbacks since then, and the Ultimate Universe itself stopped being published back in 2016.

Which is to say I keep seeing the Inner Child getting mentioned in articles about the TV series, which is confusing and unless there's been a production note to suggest that they're bringing in a wildly deep cut, it probably won't factor into the television series.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

live with fruit posted:

Absolutely this. They’re going to have a ‘Wait, you’re actually American? No wonder your accent’s dreadful’ moment.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
How do you have "millionaire playboy" as one of your personalities?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Mameluke posted:

How do you have "millionaire playboy" as one of your personalities?

I mean batman does it

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Plenty of true crime starts with men pretending to be rich.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

live with fruit posted:

Marvel put out a video of Isaac and Hawke watching the trailer and Isaac makes fun of his own accent so I'm thinking he knows what he's doing.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
don't think he was in the trailer, but his character seems to be a secondary villain? RIP :/

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1483812340701274115

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Mountain Error Puts Hugeuenot Into Ski Themed Oblivion

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
drat that’s an extremely lovely way to go out. RIP!

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just went snowboarding last month too. I’m gonna start wearing a helmet.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Skiing's celebrity body count is disproportionately high.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Celebrities tend to be wealthy, and winter sports are very expensive unless you live in the mountains or work as a ski instructor. Same reason helicopters keep racking up kills.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

live with fruit posted:

Skiing's celebrity body count is disproportionately high.

I don't know about that. It's dangerous sport (compared, say, to golf) that tends to attract wealthy people (which celebrities tend to be). The celebrity body count is probably quite proportional. Sort of like how small aircraft tended to kill rock stars back in the day.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Not that I have the money to do either but celebrities have really turned me off on skiing and flying in small private aircraft.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
https://twitter.com/cmwashby/status/1484141126089125890?s=21

Hmm

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Dr. Doom and Mephisto in same series? That's crazy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Victor Von Doom runs the MCU's version of Amazon

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bring me the REAL stars of Marvel already. The world is ready. X-Men, F4, Dr.Doom, Galactus, Speedball

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Vintersorg posted:

Bring me the REAL stars of Marvel already. The world is ready. X-Men, F4, Dr.Doom, Galactus, Speedball

Ummm... one of these things is not like the others...

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rarity posted:

Being from a pastiche of eastern european countries it also wouldn't surprise me if he ran an agricultural/construction vehicle conglomerate :belarus:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Everyone posted:

Ummm... one of these things is not like the others...

Yeah no one cares about mutants these days :rolleyes:

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Rarity posted:

Making Marvel's ultimate villain a Jeff Bezos knockoff would be perfect.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rarity posted:

Not even Doom is that evil.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vintersorg posted:

You mean Penance.

And the Penitent Puss.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Technowolf posted:

Not even Doom is that evil.

Doom would replace all the people with robots, and would have immaculate bathrooms in the delivery vans because the idea of soiling his vans with piss bottles would offend him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Doombots making my deliveries doesn't sound like the worst thing, honestly.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Codependent Poster posted:

Doombots making my deliveries doesn't sound like the worst thing, honestly.

Mass unemployment due to automation sounds evil to me :v:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Mass unemployment due to automation sounds evil to me :v:

That’s because capitalism has poisoned your mind. No one should have to work, we should have 5G robots doing all forms of manual labor and Amazon and Microsoft and Apple should subsidize artists, academics, and athletes so that they can pursue their goals the same as craftsmen or tradesmen without having to sacrifice everything to afford to follow their dreams.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Since we've gone in this direction, did Eternals say that climate change was actually caused by Deviants waking up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

live with fruit posted:

Since we've gone in this direction, did Eternals say that climate change was actually caused by Deviants waking up?

no