Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Ben Kingsley as Trevor Slattery as Victor Von Doom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Lee Pace (as the GLORY OF DOOM), but only if he gets to portray the Vic who gets a tiny scar on his face, declares himself hideous, and then goes to the monastery.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

We've already cast the next big bad as a black man, I'm leery of doing that twice. Plus he needs to play professor X or magneto. (who is arguably arguably not a "bad".)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rhys Darby

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

LionArcher posted:

We've already cast the next big bad as a black man, I'm leery of doing that twice. Plus he needs to play professor X or magneto. (who is arguably arguably not a "bad".)

Giancarlo would be my pick for Magneto

Lance Reddick as X

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Azhais posted:

Christoph Waltz

If he were 10 years younger, oh yes, so very much yes.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
He's probably also too old but Enrico Colantoni just because of this scene.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Infinitum posted:

Rhys Darby

I would LOVE for him to shout, “You fool! Doom toots as he pleases!”

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

LionArcher posted:

Who should play Victor Von Doom?

Javier Bardem

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

A.o.D. posted:

If he were 10 years younger, oh yes, so very much yes.

Kristofer Hivju then! That'd be a different take on him

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
After watching Neal McDonough on CW shows I think he'd be a good Doom.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

pile of brown posted:

McDonough does give good villain and he's great at jovial menace, but Doom's menace isn't really all that jovial. Javier Bardeem as Doom would be great, I think.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

pile of brown posted:

Victor von Dum Dum :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jet Jaguar posted:

I would LOVE for him to shout, “You fool! Doom toots as he pleases!”

:laffo: I heard this in my head. Pitch perfect. Cast him as a malfunctioning Doombot

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Antony Starr. And you all know it.

And yes, it's sorta typecasting and yes, it would invariably lead to Stallone-levels of Judge Dredd helmet (mask)-off, but.

Antony Starr.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Everyone posted:

How about John David Washington?

Make him Mr. Fantastic and Denzel Dr. Doom.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
He's a bit too old, and a touch too dead but I've always thought Powers Boothe could effortlessly embody the domineering presence of Victor Von Doom.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I feel they might want to skew younger for F4 and Doom, but Mark Strong would be an incredible Doom.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Harrison Ford. If only for the disinterested and hateful interviews afterwards, to drive Victor-fans crazy

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Oh this is an interesting deleted scene. I don't know where it could have fit in Hawkeye, but it's possibly the best thing shot with this character. The black suit placing it correctly in the timeline before the Netflix show means they're really paying attention to the canon.

https://twitter.com/marclestrange1/status/1484041232955359234?s=21

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Karel Roden for Doom. He can do quiet menace juuuuust right. And won't have to fake the accent.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
emily blunt as doom.

i will not be taking questions at the time

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

aBagorn posted:

emily blunt as doom.

i will not be taking questions at the time

Sounds good to me. No questions necessary.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

cant cook creole bream posted:

Sounds good to me. No questions necessary.

I'd be cool with Victoria von Doom. Natalie Dormer was an amazing gender-bent Moriarty in Elementary

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Already imagining the think pieces about how problematic the fake Latverian accents are!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Everyone posted:

I'd be cool with Victoria von Doom. Natalie Dormer was an amazing gender-bent Moriarty in Elementary

Wait what? Okay now Im convinced to watch this.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I'd love a Victoria von Doom, which would be up there for Spider-Verse's Doc Ock flip. I'm just not sure it's worth the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the outraged fuckboys. And this time I'd almost feel like they had a (tiny sliver of a) point. The MCU has been all about correctly portraying all the heroes who got mangled in previous versions, and with two terrible Dooms on film it feels like finally getting him right is almost an obligation to the brand at this point. Liv Ock worked so well as a fakeout, and in her own right, plus there had already been Molina Ock if the shallow end of the genepool needed a comfort blankie. (Then we got Molina Ock back anyway.)

I dunno, there's just a sulky petulance about Doom that feels very... masculine.

That said, if the absolute mad lad Kevin Feige went for it I'd be 100% behind it.

Hate-O-Tron
Apr 1, 2007
I always thought Bryan Cranston would make a good Doom, but that might just be the Thanos/Doom/Darkseid carpool comic.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Ryan Reynolds should play Dr. Doom.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Madame Masque from Agent Carter is already the perfect female Doom; vain, disfigured, studies science and magic, has an in-universe following, and most importantly, comes from a property that Kevin Feige acknowledges.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Parkingtigers posted:

I'd love a Victoria von Doom, which would be up there for Spider-Verse's Doc Ock flip. I'm just not sure it's worth the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the outraged fuckboys. And this time I'd almost feel like they had a (tiny sliver of a) point. The MCU has been all about correctly portraying all the heroes who got mangled in previous versions, and with two terrible Dooms on film it feels like finally getting him right is almost an obligation to the brand at this point. Liv Ock worked so well as a fakeout, and in her own right, plus there had already been Molina Ock if the shallow end of the genepool needed a comfort blankie. (Then we got Molina Ock back anyway.)

I dunno, there's just a sulky petulance about Doom that feels very... masculine.

That said, if the absolute mad lad Kevin Feige went for it I'd be 100% behind it.

nah

gently caress all and every idiot that complains about diversity

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Parkingtigers posted:

Oh this is an interesting deleted scene. I don't know where it could have fit in Hawkeye, but it's possibly the best thing shot with this character. The black suit placing it correctly in the timeline before the Netflix show means they're really paying attention to the canon.

D'onofrio's Kingpin is so good

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Parkingtigers posted:

The only problem I'd have with a female Dr. Doom, beyond just not liking the character very much in general, is that I don't think the relationship Reed and Victor traditionally have is as tenable if one is female and one is male, because it'd almost inevitably have an undercurrent of sexual tension that isn't normally present. It's not impossible to do it without that layer of tension, but it's just far more likely that people would see it; regardless of intent. Which means you'd need to have Dr. Reese Richards or something too, and not just Victoria von Doom. Which itself could have some knock-on effects, of either making Sid Storm, with kid sister Jane Storm and best friend Bernadette Grimm or something. Since, again, the male/female friend dynamic with Reese/Ben probably would carry a lot more sexual tension in some people's eyes regardless of intent than is normally assumed and would probably end up introducing relationship drama that interferes with the fun family hijinx you'd want the Fantastic Four to be.

You could also just make Reese and Sue a couple instead, regardless of what you do with Ben. I'm sure it'd set a lot of teeth on edge to do that many changes at once, especially if any of them are non-White to boot.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Frankenstyle posted:

But, that was an intentional plot point that foreshadows the reveal that he's just some no name actor hired to play the part of a captain, but actually has no clue how anything works. Billie even shushes him several time when he switches accents and breaks character.
Right, that was my point. Avenue 5 used accents/dialect as an intentional plot point that was not immediately obvious, and in Moon Knight it is an intentional plot point that may not be immediately obvious to people coming in cold that Marc Spector has multiple personalities/cover stories/cover stories that turn into split personalities that would speak in different accents/dialects, not that Oscar Isaac couldn't keep a British accent going for every scene in the trailer or whatever some people are interpreting it as.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau for Doom
John Krasinski for Reed

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I watched a video earlier of someone making several suggestions for each member of the core cast, and the two best were William Jackson Harper and Manny Jacinto, who played Chidi and Jason in The Good Place; a suggestion I am entirely behind in both cases.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

tsob posted:

I watched a video earlier of someone making several suggestions for each member of the core cast, and the two best were William Jackson Harper and Manny Jacinto, who played Chidi and Jason in The Good Place; a suggestion I am entirely behind in both cases.

Kristen Bell as Invisible Woman.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

tsob posted:

but can will jackson harper play an evil character like reed? only time will tell

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Parkingtigers posted:

I hope they didn't kill the character for real, they probably didn't, because holyshit D'Onofrio is loving great and it would be a monumental waste of talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I seriously doubt they’re gonna give Echo her own show on Disney+ if the pivotal flashback they keep referencing in every episode of her show is her blowing Kingpin’s head off his neck with a Glock