Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm still sour that we did not get Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl. gently caress those guys who were in charge of killing that.

I'm sorry. I'm probably going to hurt you now.

We could have had Iman Vellani as Ms. Marvel interacting with Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl just like in the cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021

Spacebump posted:

Are set photos not spoilers?

No

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Spacebump posted:

Are you kidding me?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Spacebump posted:

insanely hosed up that ironheart is in the ironheart thing

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Spacebump posted:

Do you hide your eyes so as to not see the movie poster as you walk in the theater?

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

The kind of people who refuse to look in their pantry, because it will spoil "what is for lunch?"

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry, this dude's origin is "stole a demon's clothes"? I'm on his side

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mameluke posted:

Mephisto confirmed?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Mameluke posted:

Stole a demon's clothes to take over organized crime.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Technowolf posted:

Mephisto confirmed?
Dormammu, actually.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Darth Brooks posted:

Do you hide your eyes so as to not see the movie poster as you walk in the theater?

A.o.D. posted:

Are you kidding me?

I wanted to err on the side of caution since Ramos' role hadn't been officially announced (and I don't think the character was reported by any of the trades either, only various fan-run sites/Twitter accounts), and also since this thread has been pretty strict about the use of spoiler tags in the past, but I'm fine with it being allowed if other folks are

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The Hood is a strange choice for a villain but then again I guess Ironheart doesn't really have any of her own in comics yet and other Iron Man villains (particularly armor-based ones) are probably being saved for Armor Wars so hell, why not?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Technowolf posted:

Mephisto confirmed?
Mephisto is ALWAYS confirmed.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Phase 7 is literally just 6 mephisto movies and 8 mephisto D+ shows

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

kazil posted:

Phase 6 is literally just 6 mephisto movies and 6 mephisto D+ shows

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Cast Kevin Feige as Mephisto.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

cant cook creole bream posted:

Cast Evan Peters as Mephisto.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I had it in my head that She-Hulk stats tomorrow. Now I found out it's in a week and I'm disappointed. Why wont reality adapt to my perception?!?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Everyone posted:

I'm sorry. I'm probably going to hurt you now.

We could have had Iman Vellani as Ms. Marvel interacting with Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl just like in the cartoon.

Mods?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

TwoPair posted:

The Hood is a strange choice for a villain but then again I guess Ironheart doesn't really have any of her own in comics yet and other Iron Man villains (particularly armor-based ones) are probably being saved for Armor Wars so hell, why not?

The movies have basically avoided doing any of the "technology vs magic" themes that the Iron Man / Mandarin stuff in the comics had, so this seems like a good way to tackle it. Plus the hood stealing someone else's stuff to get powers (if they keep that backstory) is a good match for Riri following in Tony's footsteps.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The Hood isn't a bad idea for a villain but holy poo poo did he get shoved down everyone's throats as the most awesome dude ever for a while there.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Push El Burrito posted:

The Hood isn't a bad idea for a villain but holy poo poo did he get shoved down everyone's throats as the most awesome dude ever for a while there.
Bendis.html

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Gonna be interesting to see how they organically have a teen girl building an Iron Man suit after getting kicked out of MIT and moving back to downtown Chicago come into conflict with a magic man who stole Satan's shoes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Gonna be interesting to see how they organically have a teen girl building an Iron Man suit after getting kicked out of MIT and moving back to downtown Chicago come into conflict with a magic man who stole Satan's shoes.

with D+ pacing, this will take half an episode

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

We've seen (a) Mister Fantastic and we're not getting a F4 film until late 2024, and incursions have been mentioned but Secret Wars isn't until 2025.

If they are going to do an X-Men film their options are early 2024 (which feels awfully soon, especially given other undated MCU could use the slot), shuffling stuff around (which could happen), or 2025/2026.

Secret Wars requires a long leadtime and alot of build up to have an impact. F4 was supposed to come out alot sooner but the director backed out at the last minute to work on Star Wars

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Hood, huh? Alright, I’m intrigued to see International Rescue enter the MCU.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

with D+ pacing, this will take half an episode

It does look like she'll be in Wakanda Forever at least.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

It does look like she'll be in Wakanda Forever at least.

She has a WF Pop (that looks very cool and that I totally don't have pre-ordered to have something to look forward to). She's def in the film.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Push El Burrito posted:

It ain't Daredevil without them double D's on his chest!

That just happened in the comics, it'll take a while to make it to screen

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mirotic posted:

She has a WF Pop (that looks very cool and that I totally don't have pre-ordered to have something to look forward to). She's def in the film.

I'm pretty sure she also physically appears in the trailer with Shuri.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The 5 little “I am Groot” shorts went live today. Not listed as a season, so you have to click them individually. Grouped together under the MCU tab at least.

5 mins per ep, but actually less because that includes credits.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
the little guy best groot short

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Parkingtigers posted:

The 5 little “I am Groot” shorts went live today. Not listed as a season, so you have to click them individually. Grouped together under the MCU tab at least.

5 mins per ep, but actually less because that includes credits.

They way they are laid out is a bit messy. Fun stuff but I wish they had put the credits at the end of one bit rather all the credits at the end of all the shorts.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Mephisto??

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Thanos poops confirmed

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
it's mephistin' time

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Disney+ now has more subscribers than Netflix and Disney is taking the opposite strategy of WarnerBros/Discovery and investing even more money in streaming and trying to expand subscribers even further with lower cost ad-supported tiers.

The problem is that Disney+ has never been profitable on its own and likely won't be for some time. It's not clear if Disney+ is intended to be a loss-leader/value-add component of the business or not. But, if not, then Disney+ needs to generate more revenue. Part of their plan to raise more revenue is to raise the price of the ad-free version rather than cutting content. The new price will be $10.99 for the ad-free version and $7.99 for the ad-supported version. The price increase or ads will kick in December 8th.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1557511876459864064

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

WTF is Legends? I just saw a Hulk trailer is it just a recap of Hulk's journey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Elendil004 posted:

WTF is Legends? I just saw a Hulk trailer is it just a recap of Hulk's journey?

It's a clipshow they release for a character so people can get a quick summary of them before a new thing comes out. Hulk's episode is coming out now because She-Hulk comes out next week.

There's no need to watch them if you know the gist of the backstory and have seen whatever they've been in. They are 100% clips just organized to sum up all the movies a character has been in really quickly.

They've been doing it since before WandaVision.