Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

tsob posted:

It sounds like it meets all my hopes for the show I wanted most even before they announced it, and have been anticipating most since they did. Is the legal element or case of the week of it making up much of each episode, or just a tiny bit?

Extremely light spoilers on the "shape" of the show:

First episode is pretty much an origin flashback, almost all of it between her and Bruce.
Episodes 2-3 are about a single case, each episodes with their own subplots.
It's really like modern episodic tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Yannick_B posted:

First episode is pretty much an origin flashback, almost all of it between her and Bruce.

Okay, this has me intrigued.

Also I finally finished Ms. Marvel this weekend and tbh am kind of mad I waited. What a delight of a show.

Finale spoilers:

"You're our own Ms. Marvel" was the best line, fight me.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How is the CG?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Yannick_B posted:

Awesome, thanks. It's just one episode even on the first week, yeah?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

How is the CG?

I watched screeners, so basically with a huge watermark on screen which is a bit distracting BUT I thought it was fine.
Some parts feel stronger than others, but I was never taken out of it.
There's a difference between seeing quick cuts of She-Hulk's expressions in a trailer VS actually seeing her act out and move around like a real person during entire scenes, it works much better.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The CG in the more recent trailer is mostly fine, but obvious "TV quality" CGI rather than "movie quality."

The main thing I think makes it look worse is that Ruffalo's Hulk is about 90% as good as he looks in the movies, so having him standing next to someone with just "fine" CGI + She-Hulk has a much less detailed character model than Hulk makes it look worse in comparison.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I do love episodic TV! Especially after watching the new season of Westworld. It's just constant hooks.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The CG in the more recent trailer is mostly fine, but obvious "TV quality" CGI rather than "movie quality."

The main thing I think makes it look worse is that Ruffalo's Hulk is about 90% as good as he looks in the movies, so having him standing next to someone with just "fine" CGI + She-Hulk has a much less detailed character model than Hulk makes it look worse in comparison.

Yeah, the underlying issue is that Ruffalo's Hulk looks both like a Ruffalo caricature and a comic book Hulk. The caricatural aspect makes him look more like a "creature" and therefore the CGI has a bit more a leeway,
we understand that he's not all the way "human" but She-Hulk is meant to look like a really attractive model with green skin but also Tatiana Maslany at the same time.
It's way trickier to create a realistic, idealized face than a monster.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I imagine it's also just easier to do with the Ruffalo Hulk because they've had a decade and 5 films (Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame and Thor: Ragnarok) in which he's had a large role to perfect a model with a movie budget that they can largely re-use for his appearance in this. She-Hulk hasn't had nearly that time or money pumped into her model, so it's going to look less refined anyway.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Mirotic posted:

Okay, this has me intrigued.

Also I finally finished Ms. Marvel this weekend and tbh am kind of mad I waited. What a delight of a show.

Finale spoilers:

"You're our own Ms. Marvel" was the best line, fight me.

Challenge accepted: "Get in losers, we're getting shawarma!"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Not sure if spoilers are needed for this but I'll be polite.

I watched the latest Spider-Man MCU movie without having paid attention to anything about it previously and when Norman Osborn said the meme line I was hooting and hollering all over the place. Also big lol @ Venom being in the movie but spending the whole time just getting caught up with the convoluted backstory of the MCU before he was able to do anything.

Very mad at the ending, I saw that choice coming a mile away and was hoping the whole time he wouldn't be a loving little wiener like every big man superhero.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Spider-Man always makes little weiner decisions though.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Cattail Prophet posted:

Challenge accepted: "Get in losers, we're getting shawarma!"

I was really sad we didn't get a post credits scene that was them re-enacting the one from original Avengers where they are eating shawarma.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Pwnstar posted:

Not sure if spoilers are needed for this but I'll be polite.

I watched the latest Spider-Man MCU movie without having paid attention to anything about it previously and when Norman Osborn said the meme line I was hooting and hollering all over the place. Also big lol @ Venom being in the movie but spending the whole time just getting caught up with the convoluted backstory of the MCU before he was able to do anything.

Very mad at the ending, I saw that choice coming a mile away and was hoping the whole time he wouldn't be a loving little wiener like every big man superhero.

What is the meme line?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Lammasu posted:

What is the meme line?

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/im-something-of-a-scientist-myself

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No Way Home fit well with the comics Peter in a lot of ways. It's definitely my favorite of the Tom Holland Spider-Man films.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It might be true to the character but its one of my most hated media tropes and I was really hoping he would avoid it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I Am Groot has taught me the most important lesson of the MCU so far:

Baby Groot is the most dangerous figure in the galaxy.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Groot and Squirrel Girl should team up, it’s a natural fit. They’d be nuts to overlook this pairing

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Nybble posted:

Groot and Squirrel Girl should team up, it’s a natural fit. They’d be nuts to overlook this pairing

Groot, Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbklSn7HHgA

Everyone fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 16, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

These were fun animated movies. I liked that they made the character model for Doreen thiccc rather than thinning her down, keeping her consistent with the at the time current Squirrel Girl comics.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Where are her buck teeth?!?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

Where are her buck teeth?!?

She thinned her teeth so she could eat normally instead of starving herself to look "hawt?"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Not sure how to take these comments by the She-Hulk lead writer...she's saying that when she wrote the series script she was told to include as much of She-Hulk (as opposed to just regular Jessica Walters) as she wanted, but then during production a lot of that got removed, sometimes at the last minute before script finalization.

https://www.ign.com/articles/she-hulk-writers-added-more-jennifer-walters-scenes-to-save-cgi-budget

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It sounds like an insanely huge corporation cutting costs and not know what actually effect it has on anything in practice

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
It works fine in the episodes I've seen. There's a pretty good balance of Jen/She-Hulk. It works really well because Tatiana Maslany is comically tiny, so there's almost always a "size contrast" in every scene.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not sure how to take these comments by the She-Hulk lead writer...she's saying that when she wrote the series script she was told to include as much of She-Hulk (as opposed to just regular Jessica Walters) as she wanted, but then during production a lot of that got removed, sometimes at the last minute before script finalization.

https://www.ign.com/articles/she-hulk-writers-added-more-jennifer-walters-scenes-to-save-cgi-budget

I'm pretty sure that's just the standard push pull between the writers and the production team. The writers are told to shoot for the moon with their scripts, and then the production team figures out how much of the moon is actually possible.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Florence Pugh and her 600 year old boyfriend have broken up, hopefully they can both find happiness soon. Her with someone like Timothy Chalomet or perhaps as the unicorn to Zendaya and Holland’s power couple, and Braff can end up a Demi-lich or some kind of eternal gargoyle.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Bust Rodd posted:

Florence Pugh and her 600 year old boyfriend have broken up, hopefully they can both find happiness soon. Her with someone like Timothy Chalomet or perhaps as the unicorn to Zendaya and Holland’s power couple, and Braff can end up a Demi-lich or some kind of eternal gargoyle.

She could date Hailee Steinfeld if she wanted to copy Zendaya and Holland and make some of the posters in this thread weirdly happy. Does it really matter?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TatMas is a superb actress so they should be trying to get as much Jen as possible imo

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Why do people hate Braff?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

live with fruit posted:

Why do people hate Braff?

They probably watched Scrubs for more than one or two seasons.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TatMas said trans rights :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/GodEmperorBoss/status/1558889888401215490

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Trans futures. It's an exciting new investment opportunity

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Azhais posted:

Trans futures. It's an exciting new investment opportunity

I googled that suggestion and took the first result to find out what this is about.
https://www.transfuture.de/
Apparently it's a German think tank for the exploration and further development of IT-connectivity and the resulting increase uneconomic productivity
Bit of a weird choice to promote that.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

it's going to be a bad show

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Google Butt posted:

it's going to be a bad show

I was looking forward to it, it that tweet where they admired that they are incapable of writing a good legal drama dampens my expectations a lot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
e: Oops

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Trans futures. It's more than meets the eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU