Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I imagine after you save all of existence together, you get a little first-namey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

LividLiquid posted:

I imagine after you save all of existence together, you get a little first-namey.

Like, she was really excited to see him. Tony’s funeral reception must have been a trip.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's what he would have wanted.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yakmouth posted:

I kinda want to know how Mantis and Captain America became first name acquaintances

You mean apart from her being a telepath with no apparent sense of personal boundaries? He probably told her to call him Steve.

I have watched it. It was good.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

LividLiquid posted:

Hey if Strange and Parker can be on a first name basis, anyone can.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This is gonna' be an every-year watch unless the rumors about Pratt and his church turn out to be true.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Demanding a Drax Vs Cy-Kill showdown in GotG3

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I now need an entire mini-series on how Nebula got Bucky's arm for Rocket.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

swickles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulteZYyWAA8

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yakmouth posted:

I kinda want to know how Mantis and Captain America became first name acquaintances

I think we know why Captain America fucks

swickles posted:

Yea I really want to know how that happened.

That was adorable. Drax and Mantis in LA was pretty fun and it didn't drag or get stuck with boring extra plots.

If the post credits sequence is true I hope its a more general MCU xmas, at least have like Carol or other space related characters

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I was a big fan of frat boy Party Groot and I hope he's like that for Vol. 3 before they age him up again

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

thrawn527 posted:

Holiday Special was a lot of fun. Loved the blink-and-you-miss-it Mark Hamill cameo. Had to go back to make sure it was really them.

I missed this too. When was it?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I missed this too. When was it?

He's the drunk sipping a bottle of hooch after Quill cancels the Christmas party

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I kind of wonder what will happen with space MCU after Gunn's Guardians ends. It looks like The Marvels is going to be splitting time pretty evenly between Earth and cosmic stuff. I guess you have Thor, but Helmsworth is rethinking his career. Honestly there seems to be more potential for dimensional shenannigans going on with Ant-Man 3, Fantastic Four, and Secret Wars than anything.

Guardians might even be the best candidate for a comics style relaunch, minus a few characters and then with a few new ones added on to keep doing cool space stuff. All New All Different Guardians of the Galaxy?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Yakmouth posted:

Steve was the universe's greatest guy. Of course she was jazzed to see him.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

live with fruit posted:

Steve was the universe's greatest guy. Of course she was jazzed to see him.

He has The Galaxy’s rear end

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OnimaruXLR posted:

I kind of wonder what will happen with space MCU after Gunn's Guardians ends.

Marvel has got tons of cosmic characters to play with. Silver Surfer's the big one but there's also people like Nova, Quasar and Adam Warlock (who's even entering the MCU in GotG 3) and Carol's still going to be around after The Marvels

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cosmo better be a major player in Volume 3

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

OnimaruXLR posted:

Guardians might even be the best candidate for a comics style relaunch, minus a few characters and then with a few new ones added on to keep doing cool space stuff. All New All Different Guardians of the Galaxy?

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 4 starring Jon Bernthal as Cosmic Ghost Rider.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

James Gunn is LA as gently caress for putting all those christmas songs deep cuts from the Kevin and Bean christmas compilation albums.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gavok posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 4 starring Jon Bernthal as Cosmic Ghost Rider.

I would happily forget that comic ever existed, and so should you.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LividLiquid posted:

This is gonna' be an every-year watch unless the rumors about Pratt and his church turn out to be true.

Pratt and Gunn both already addressed them online. Pratt says that he's no longer part of that church (which was only related to Hillsong, not actual Hillsong) and is less enthused about organized religion, and hates the rumor mill because his kids are going to grow up and inevitably read nasty things about them online. Gunn says Pratt has never been anything but good to everyone on set.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

chitoryu12 posted:

Pratt and Gunn both already addressed them online. Pratt says that he's no longer part of that church (which was only related to Hillsong, not actual Hillsong) and is less enthused about organized religion, and hates the rumor mill because his kids are going to grow up and inevitably read nasty things about them online. Gunn says Pratt has never been anything but good to everyone on set.

A lot of people will claim "he is so religious!!" and the examples they give is something like him posting "God is amazing, look at this waterfall and rainbow!" on Instagram.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I think everyone just feels betrayed because Pratt went from very handsome goofy "average" schlub to jacked movie star that married into the upper echelons of society. But by all accounts he seems to be genuinely a really nice friendly guy that everyone gets along with.

New special was great and I'm glad we got the Drax/Mantis buddy comedy we deserve. Their dynamic is much improved over GotG2.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

swickles posted:

A lot of people will claim "he is so religious!!" and the examples they give is something like him posting "God is amazing, look at this waterfall and rainbow!" on Instagram.

He's done some poo poo like post a terrible poem about how he doesn't agree with either political party and just wants us all to get along, and he's got a brother who's a Three Percenter that he's shown up at parties with. But this is his recent interview:

quote:

“Religion has been oppressive as gently caress for a long time,” he said. “I didn’t know that I would kind of become the face of religion when really I’m not a religious person. I think there’s a distinction between being religious — adhering to the customs created by man, oftentimes appropriating the awe reserved for who I believe is a very real God — and using it to control people, to take money from people, to abuse children, to steal land, to justify hatred. Whatever it is. The evil that’s in the heart of every single man has glommed onto the back of religion and come along for the ride.”

The actor also noted he wept after getting backlash for praising his wife Katherine Schwarzenegger for giving birth to a “healthy” girl. “A bunch of articles came out and said, ‘That’s so cringeworthy. I can’t believe Chris Pratt would thank her for a healthy daughter when his first child was born premature. That’s such a dig at his ex-wife,'” he said. “And I’m like, That is hosed up. My son’s gonna read that one day. He’s nine. And it’s etched in digital stone. It really loving bothered me, dude. I cried about it. I was like, I hate that these blessings in my life are—to the people close to me—a real burden.”

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

chitoryu12 posted:

To be clear, Chad Veach, the pastor of the church Pratt does/did attend, is not above engaging in some homophobia. Also, while as Thor has pointed out, families are complicated, Pratt's brother is, at the very least, Three Percent adjacent.

I'm sure Pratt's a lovely dude on set, as you mentioned Gunn's never said a bad word about him and Mike Schur is similarly effusive (and he wrote the book on how to be perfect). But man, Pratt's got some suspect friends and family.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Homophobic church or not, either way he still wrote that super cringe Instagram post about how his wife fulfills his every need in return he changes the sheets once a month

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I really liked the special but Pratt was bad in it. He was barely awake. The longer he plays Quill the worse he gets at it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I mean, that's just Pratt in all his roles at this point; dude bought into being the new Harrison Ford so hard that he even checked out as hard as Ford has.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

chitoryu12 posted:

He's done some poo poo like post a terrible poem about how he doesn't agree with either political party and just wants us all to get along, and he's got a brother who's a Three Percenter that he's shown up at parties with. But this is his recent interview:

from the same interview:
Asked why he never outright denied he belonged to Hillsong prior to the interview, Pratt added, “I’m gonna, like, throw a church under the bus? If it’s like the Westboro Baptist Church, that’s different.”

Yeah they're totally different! Hillsong would never say "god hates fags", they'd use a lot more words to get the idea across! Wouldn't want to throw them under the bus by denying you're a member.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Yakmouth posted:

Not to get all "Simpsons Nerd" but yeah I'm pretty sure Mantis and Steve never met? Mantis got snapped in Infinity War, I think she'd only know him as a friend of Thor.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Obviously there was a mad 'we saved the world' party that took place off-screen before Tony's funeral where all the heroes threw a rager

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mantis saw the Steve Rogers musical.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

chitoryu12 posted:

chitoryu12 posted:

None of that matters. Blood is in the water.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love the woman when Mantis and Drax get to earth that's terrified because yea, last time there were alien ships in earths skys half of everyone just got snapped.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Rarity posted:

Obviously there was a mad 'we saved the world' party that took place off-screen before Tony's funeral where all the heroes threw a rager

And, yeah, they were all at Tony’s funeral, so at the very least they could have met there.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Infinitum posted:

Mantis is an absolute unhinged gremlin in this and I love her

:siren: Gobots are real :siren:

"YOU CAN'T OUTRUN ME BACON"
"Wow I guess all actors aren't complete pieces of poo poo"

:allears:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

thrawn527 posted:

And, yeah, they were all at Tony’s funeral, so at the very least they could have met there.

Yeah there's an undefined amount of time between Tony's funeral, the Asgardians of the Galaxy leaving Earth, and Steve going on his time quest. I just assume everyone that was there knows each other and are very close.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Mantis is an absolute unhinged gremlin in this and I love her

:siren: Gobots are real :siren:

I think a bigger deal is Batman if not all of DC exists in the MCU. That might make it awkward if/when Disney buys WB-Discovery-HBO-Shitshow and wants a DC/MCU crossover.

thrawn527 posted:

Mantis is just a good judge of rear end character.

Also I would love for a future episode of She-Hulk to revolve around the events of this episode. Somehow the LAPD or the map lady tries to sue the GotG and Jen takes the case. More excuses for Mantis and Drax to mess with/around Los Angeles.

Also I am going to say Rocket obtaining Bucky's arm is a Chekhov's gun for GotG3. Maybe Rocket wants to experiment with Vibranium and the Wakandans, likely fearing for their/Earth's safety, denied him access. Or it could just be used for a sight gag or background prop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MH Knights posted:

I think a bigger deal is Batman if not all of DC exists in the MCU. That might make it awkward if/when Disney buys WB-Discovery-HBO-Shitshow and wants a DC/MCU crossover.

DC existing as comics in the Marvel universe, and vice-versa has been a thing in both publications for a number of years. What's more interesting is that comics based on 'real' heroes actually exists in universe, as is seen in She-Hulk with the library of reference material

From memory this isn't the first time the cross over has been mentioned. Phastos's kid in Eternals says "Dad that's Superman" when Ikarus rocks up to their house