Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Gavok posted:

It was said that they had to put a gesture behind the use of the Stones for the sake of not making Thanos TOO overpowered. Every time he uses the Gauntlet before having the full set, he activates the Stones by clenching his fist. During the fight on Titan, you can see him unable to use his powers when his hand is forced open. If all he needed was his thoughts, then the fight would have been extra pointless.

That aside, it's easily justified in-universe, since at least one of the stones has a bad habit of quickly exploding the person who holds it barehanded. The Gauntlet works that way because it's explicitly something Thanos designed to help him safely (relatively) channel and use the power of not just that one explodey stone but another five along with it. The need to bring them together to do big things is a safeguard!

Everyone posted:

Sure, but probably not to the extent that the did SHIELD because SWORD, pre-Thanos was mostly focused on non-Earth stuff which wouldn't be of much use in terms of ruling Earth.

I'm thinking differently now, because we're all approaching SWORD in the MCU based on very little info. Before the show we just assumed Fury and his Skrull buddies were involved with it. Now we know more, and that it does do space stuff to at least a degree, but to me the changed name and the role it's playing here heavily imply that it's an organization that is designed to deal with metahumans as threats. It was apparently founded by someone just after they found out their old friend had been imbued with phenomenal cosmic power - maybe Maria Rambeau was a little worried about Carol's abilities as much as the attention they'd draw to Earth. Hence, Sentient Weapon Observation & Response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

So my guess is the next two episodes are one dealing with the internal fight in Westview, Agathan and then finding out there is some big secret about Westview that Heyward wants and Wanda and Vision fighting SWORD in the last episode.

My other off the wall theory is that Agatha is from a dimension that is destroyed or dying and that is how she was able to pull Fox Pietro and is mad that no one helped her saved her universe or something.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Mooseontheloose posted:

My other off the wall theory is that Agatha is from a dimension that is destroyed or dying and that is how she was able to pull Fox Pietro and is mad that no one helped her saved her universe or something.

So she's like REAL Mysterio, like how there was a REAL Mandarin in spite of the fake one.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Technowolf posted:

Very Liefeldian proportions.

Definitely a skeleton I can't figure out

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Mooseontheloose posted:

So my guess is the next two episodes are one dealing with the internal fight in Westview, Agathan and then finding out there is some big secret about Westview that Heyward wants and Wanda and Vision fighting SWORD in the last episode.

A showdown of some sorts between Monica and Heyward too. Only one of them can be director at the end.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The more I think about it, the more I feel like the scene of Wanda leaving the Hex to confront SWORD was a mistake. There was no reason for her to actually walk outside, and it broke the ambiguity over whether she can leave if she wants to or if she's trapped in there and pretending everything is OK. Instead you just get her threatening a bunch of military guys and then heading back inside, and it kind of gives too much of the game away. If her end of the conversation was a projection on the "screen"/outer wall instead, it would've changed the context but not the actions. But now that we know she can pack up her Vision corpse and leave any time she wants to, how exactly is a villain like Agatha manipulating her in a way that she's powerless to stop?

Sanguinia posted:

So she's like REAL Mysterio, like how there was a REAL Mandarin in spite of the fake one.
Oh poo poo, has anyone guessed Jake Gyllenhaal for the guest spot? Has he worked with Paul Bettany before?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

sticklefifer posted:

Oh poo poo, has anyone guessed Jake Gyllenhaal for the guest spot? Has he worked with Paul Bettany before?

They had a photoshoot together years years ago (dear god those long legs):

The only thing I can think about it is that people coming from other dimensions is a known rumor, or Mysterio witnessed something and that's how he got the idea for his persona's origin story. Also a big reason why not-Fury fell for it so easily

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mysterio tapping into the multiverse and then using it as a fakeout would be extremely on brand for him. So is faking his death, though I'm not sure he'd need to at this point considering where we are in the timeline, but it would dovetail nicely with Far From Home and the setup for its sequel.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
what if the secret to how Wanda brought Vision back is that she just plugged in the fake Mind Stone they were copying Vision's consciousness or whatever into from Infinity War?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

sticklefifer posted:

Mysterio tapping into the multiverse and then using it as a fakeout would be extremely on brand for him. So is faking his death, though I'm not sure he'd need to at this point considering where we are in the timeline, but it would dovetail nicely with Far From Home and the setup for its sequel.

I’d love heroic Mysterio with actual powers. Both to get Jake Gyllenhaal back and to watch Peter struggle with trusting this guy who is so similar to the fake guy that screwed his life up.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
What happened to that fake consciousness? Did they lose all the data when Vision had to leave the lab?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The X-man cometh posted:

What happened to that fake consciousness? Did they lose all the data when Vision had to leave the lab?

I don’t think it’s ever been said. The last we see is Shuri working on it to the last second before being thrown across the room, and then Vision joins the fight immediately afterward.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Shuri also disappeared in a cloud of dust about 15 minutes later, so i'm not sure if she saved her Word document before that happened.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Gonz posted:

Shuri also disappeared in a cloud of dust about 15 minutes later, so i'm not sure if she saved her Word document before that happened.

She probably had the auto-save enabled.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Doesn't Agatha's pothos (or whatever) she brings over turn into a massive plant through the series? If it weren't a DC property I'd start to suspect The Green being involved.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

angerbeet posted:

Doesn't Agatha's pothos (or whatever) she brings over turn into a massive plant through the series? If it weren't a DC property I'd start to suspect The Green being involved.

Maybe it'll turn into Man-Thing and the Nexus of All Realities will end up in Westview instead of in the Florida Everglades.

Occasionally featuring a cut during other movies and shows to feature Herb set up in a little kiosk next to some swirling energy vortex.

Darth Vader and some stormtroopers arrive

Vader: "Who are you and how have I-"

Herb: (Not even looking up from his phone game) "Go back in and take the first left."

Vader "I am-"

Herb: "Just take the left!"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Edge & Christian posted:

It's true, Agatha Harkness first appeared near the tail end of their Fantastic Four run (#94 out of 101 issues), and the only other monthly book Kirby was working on at that point was Thor, which he also left about seven issues later. The "biggest" characters co-created after that point were luminaries like The Monocle and The Crypto-Man.

Both Lee and Kirby created a bunch of bigger characters after their partnership ended, but this was when Kirby left for DC for several years, and by the time he came back to Marvel in the mid 1970s he wanted to write his own stuff, and Lee was off in Los Angeles anyway.

As for Falcon & Winter Soldier setting up mutants, the only sort of deep lore that is shown/mentioned in casting/PR that might suggest that is:

John Walker, aka Superpatriot, aka The New Captain America, aka USAgent is a series lead if more or less absent in the trailers. John Walker's backstory in the comics is that he was sort of a right wing activist who thought Steve Rogers was too soft and not Reagan Era Patriotic enough, and was somehow even stronger/faster than Steve Rogers. He got picked to replace Rogers as Captain America by a literally shadowy government panel, and it was eventually revealed that he got his superpowers from THE POWER BROKER, aka Curtiss Jackson (really) in what was meant to be some sort of steroid allegory, but also was revealed to be one of a dozen sub rosa plots by the Red Skull to destabilize and demoralize the United States.

I guess you could combine this storyline with later stories where the Power Broker's organization moves into selling Mutant Growth Hormones into some sort of mishmash where there are new people with powers cropping up everywhere and it's either pulling a 'mutants created by humans' story or a Harbinger-style 'they're just activating latent mutant talents and taking credit for it' twist but all of that is a bit of a stretch unless there's other casting/plot points I've missed out on.

That reminds me of the grant Morrison x men run where they revealed that wolverine being weapon x was in fact the tenth weapon, with cap as weapon one and possibly super patriot as another weapon between 1 and 10. That would be an easy way to introduce wolverine and mutants, and allow for future plot lines on weapons 2 to 9. And make Fantomas a mcu property lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sash! posted:

Definitely a skeleton I can't figure out

Its Sans.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Oddly, I think a possible clue as to what is going on was in Runaways. In it, both Morgan Le Fay and Nico/The Staff have their magic represented with purple. And when Nico is using the staff, her forehead starts to look like that of Kaecilius from Doctor Strange. So through a couple of properties, they seem to be drawing a consistent through line of purple magic being magic that draws it's power from the dark dimension. Which I'm kind of unfamiliar with aside from what was in the doctor strange movie, but you could look there for a mastermind, if there is one.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
someone attempted to steal my disney plus account

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lunatic Sledge posted:

someone attempted to steal my disney plus account

I find that odd, like you can easily find this stuff, and the service is pretty inexpensive. And I doubt you can steal someones CC# through it.

I always end up running episode 1 when i start the new episode and think they're doing some kind of rewind or something.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

twistedmentat posted:

I find that odd, like you can easily find this stuff, and the service is pretty inexpensive. And I doubt you can steal someones CC# through it.

I always end up running episode 1 when i start the new episode and think they're doing some kind of rewind or something.

small update: they managed to get into the account but didn't change the password, just put a PIN on the main profile (which is bypassable, if you have the password proper)

I changed the main password, put a new PIN on the main profile, deleted all the extra profiles that had popped up, and now I can't watch Wandavision myself because I'm "streaming on too many devices"

I checked the box for disabling all other devices, but it said that could take up to four hours

real cool and good

edit: also had to change the profile back to English

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

So, wait, straight up magic with Latin incantations and rune-based protection spells and everything?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lunatic Sledge posted:

small update: they managed to get into the account but didn't change the password, just put a PIN on the main profile (which is bypassable, if you have the password proper)

I changed the main password, put a new PIN on the main profile, deleted all the extra profiles that had popped up, and now I can't watch Wandavision myself because I'm "streaming on too many devices"

I checked the box for disabling all other devices, but it said that could take up to four hours

real cool and good

edit: also had to change the profile back to English

Wow just sounds like they're being assholes.

I think my theory about Agatha's skill outstripping Wanda's raw power might be true. I mean its not really that out there, as a 400 year old Witch is going to be able to know more than a woman in what i guess is mean to be her 20s?

EDIT: God drat Agatha, first killing the dog now Birb violence? what a bitch

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Feb 26, 2021

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Looks like it.

Who else in the MCU has the blue? Just Monica?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
this is honestly incredible

I can't watch the show I'm paying for because the people that jacked into the account are still watching it

no strange logins to my e-mail, so I don't think that's how this happened

what the poo poo, Disney

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Uh did we straight up see Comics Wanda there? Like it looked straight up like Marvel Now Scarlet Witch in silhouette

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So there was something red in Agatha in the opening scene where she eats the magic from the coven. Something else inside her. I'm still betting on Mephisto. I think she may just think Wanda is dangerous - like she was.

I enjoyed this episode even if it was really the ultimate infodump.

Oh, and there's a post-credit scene on this one too! Do you think the actor that Paul Bettany has always wanted to work with is Paul Bettany?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Lunatic Sledge posted:

this is honestly incredible

I can't watch the show I'm paying for because the people that jacked into the account are still watching it

no strange logins to my e-mail, so I don't think that's how this happened

what the poo poo, Disney

It’s me sorry. Just give me a minute. We wanna watch alien vs predator after

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Well then, that was definitely an episode.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Kathryn Hahn loving rules

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Its Rinaldo posted:

Kathryn Hahn loving rules

I want her as my evil fairy sugar mama. Though she's only a few years older than me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy loving poo poo SWORD made monotone personalityless Vision!

What an episode.

twistedmentat posted:

Uh did we straight up see Comics Wanda there? Like it looked straight up like Marvel Now Scarlet Witch in silhouette

Seems like some kinda cross dimensional/time/witch fate encounter with "The Scarlet Witch". Whatever the hell Agatha meant by that.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Cartridgeblowers posted:

So there was something red in Agatha in the opening scene where she eats the magic from the coven. Something else inside her. I'm still betting on Mephisto. I think she may just think Wanda is dangerous - like she was.

I enjoyed this episode even if it was really the ultimate infodump.

Oh, and there's a post-credit scene on this one too! Do you think the actor that Paul Bettany has always wanted to work with is Paul Bettany?

I hope it was Bryan Cranston

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Holy poo poo as someone who has been suffering from severe depression for a long while, Wanda's discussion with Vision about her grief just kicked me right in the stomach.

I think that might be my favorite episode of the show. Elizabeth Olsen rules. Kathryn Hahn in full-rear end Witch drag also rules

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

STAC Goat posted:

Holy loving poo poo SWORD made monotone personalityless Vision!

What an episode.

Seems like some kinda cross dimensional/time/witch fate encounter with "The Scarlet Witch". Whatever the hell Agatha meant by that.

Sokovian fortune teller. :eng101:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mid-credits scene: OH SHHHHHIIIIIIIII-

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Hayward is a hypocritical, lying, manipulative piece of poo poo. Managed to instill so much hate so quickly with the juxtaposition of him dunking on Wanda for wanting to just bury vision and him making White Vision using the drone he fired at her after lying about her stealing vision

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Seeing the ending, that was immediately my thought too. His interview comment now definitely seems tongue in cheek. lol. I also get the sense we were seeing Wanda somehow create herself from the stone. What that means, I’m not sure, possibly something to come, or was it something she did already when she was attempting to destroy Vision before Thanos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Omg she said it! Literally pointed like Leo when Agatha said You're the Scarlet Witch!

I hope something really, really bad happens to Hayward. Like some Jojo's level of punishment, turned into a rock or forced to die over and over and over again.