Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tom Tucker posted:

I liked the episode! Some ineffective editing aside I think the core dichotomy between Steven and Marc is really compelling and it hints nicely at a broader world but man between this and the giant Eternals titanic entity in the south pacific how much are Earth's geologists and astronomers willing to take before they just throw their hands up and say gently caress it?

That's exactly how you get supervillains. Scientists switching fields so they can build technology to kill the gods who ruined their lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

chitoryu12 posted:

That material actually probably would have survived the tape and folding job they were doing as long as they were careful enough. We have massive amounts of papyrus that was stored for just as long and remains intact enough to read.

I thought it was weird that the pieces combined in a modern looking five pointed star. Why not 6, 7, or 8 points? So I went down an intent rabbit hole and wouldn't you know it the first recorded uses of a five point star were Egyptian hieroglyphs.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

So the third identity Jake? knows Harrow, or even works for him, right? Maybe I'm reading too much into their interactions.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I love that Marc was already a mess before Konshu. Can't blame that old bird for everything! (Unless somehow Konshu killed his brother)

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

fractalairduct posted:

I do have to wonder somewhat about the bird skeleton Steven saw outside the cave. It doesn't have to mean anything, but you could read it as sign of Khonshu's influence there if you really wanted to.

There are multiple things in the background of the flashbacks that you have to question what's real in the flashbacks, especially in little Marc's room. He has a scale similar to the one he's being judged on. His knocked over toys are laid out like the tomb dig site from his other flashback (car flipped over, archaeologists laying on their back, and the poster of Tomb Buster).
e:His brother was drawing a fish when they left to go play in the cave. The drawing is later seen in his room. It's a goldfish, with one fin...

And now I put on the first episode and the fishtank decorations are a boat sailing on sand, with a big weird door, like the under world.... And now a little girl just told Steven he was rejected from the field of reeds... His farewell to his mom is "laters, gators" and Ammit is represented by two gators. Layla doesn't know Marc's Mom is dead.

My crazy theory was going to be that Harrow is Roro, but now I'm just going to say this show is fight club, but instead of Tyler Durden not being real, it's that Marc/Steven/whoever has been dead since the show began, and Konshu has been keeping them teetering as existing and not existing.

killer crane fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 27, 2022

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Oh poo poo Specter is another word for ghost. He's totally dead.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Thank you very much for posting these. That looks like Layla to me but we will see!

I can't take to see cgi Ethan Hawke flying around punching mummyman.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Doronin posted:

A few thoughts on the latest Moon Knight ep...

- I think the scales balanced after Stephen died(?) because that half of Marc isn't fractured anymore. Jake seems to definitely exist, and there were still two hearts on the scales when they balanced. Since Marc, Stephen and Jake are all parts of a one whole, but Stephen is a willful creation of Marc's born of trauma, then in some metaphysical psychoanalytical way, it kind of makes sense that there would still be two hearts pulled from them. Because, comics!

If his body died, and there are three people, why were there only two hearts? Or is his body still alive, but Marc and Steven died? Like is Jake just running loose with the body in the real world wrecking poo poo?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

chitoryu12 posted:

Also, I saw a good theory that I agree with. The third personality/Jake is a trauma split like Steven Grant, but specifically his rage trying to retaliate against the abuse.

This tracks, when therapist Harrow is asking who was the real person. Did Marc created Steven to hide from trauma, or did Steven create Marc to lash out? What if Marc created both?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

ApeHawk posted:

Was anyone else bothered when Khonshu called Marc his "Moon Knight"?

I feel like they didn't need to do that, unless that's what happens in the comics.

I don't think he'd call himself that. Who calls themselves knight? He'd call himself something like Pyramid Defender or Mummy Merc, but Konshu is a drama queen, and Moon Knight is a pretty killer name.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

A very "by any means necessary" kind of bird.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Are we going to see Yahweh, or Jesus? MCU is really going in on the "gods are just aliens or mutants or superrobots," so why not Judeo-Christian religions?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

RandomReader posted:

It's not hard to parse, it's just stupid. Caring about the race, nationality, or gender of the superhero who just saved you is pretty shallow, and I don't appreciate the show itself going out of it's way for the audience to see how awesome and great they are for having a female egyptain superhero. It's different from when Captain America and Spider-man had that little connection over growing up in New York, where it was just a funny coincidence of life, this is clearly a Big Moment.

I can't believe this comic book movie isn't a deep and nuanced story about people in tights punching a colorful laser! I've never, not once in my life, heard of a comic book having shallow fan service! How could they? How dare Disney do this?

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I'd rather have Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. :colbert:

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I hope they make Awkwafina the new iron fist.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I think the bigger question is why is daredevil in los angeles?

E: they probably come up with some stupid reason, but isn't there someone in New York who can fix/make his outfit? Keeping some heroes to smaller regions just makes for a more intimate, personal setting. DD season 1 was great cause it's didn't have a broad scope.

killer crane fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 18, 2022

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

tsob posted:

He'll be suing noted bad dad Dracula for emotional and psychological damages.

Is that where we get that Moonknight panel? Does he just become a very aggressive deptcollector?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Did you all talk about the actual dumbest thing in this episode: Bruce having a hulk son? Cause that's a very dumb thing. I don't care if it's from the comics, we don't need more hulks.