Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What?!? But what about all those twitter accounts and youtube channels that swore Larson had been fired because everyone hates her!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

No, see this is Disney compromising with the SJWs by putting all the pandering 'diversity' into one movie, probably because that stuck-up bitch Larson made her agent threaten poor Feige with a lawsuit if they fired her.

...I feel dirty writing that even as a joke.

Heh heh heh

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I think it's safe to say that whatever is causing the reality around Wanda is also making her into a specific character. Her accent will probably change with each Sitcom Era.

I was talking with a coworker about the Ms Marvel series and I really hope a part of it is showing how regular people view the heroes, what impact they have had on pop culture and such. We see a bit in Spider-Man with the Cap educational videos, but I'd love to see some very meta stuff like Halloween costumes of the Hulk that consist of a mask and a plastic smock with the Hulk going "Hulk Smash!" on it. Like Kamala's crappy costume's helmet looks like something you could buy; Real Captain Marvel Helmet, Crest Really Glows!

There was that bit in Homecoming where the ATM robbers were wearing plastic Avengers Halloween masks

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Best two bits from ep 2:

"That was my Grandmother's piano."

"Is that how mirrors work?"

also:

"Flourish!"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Kind of don't like being reminded of the snap and blip business, ever since Endgame and especially Far From Home it bothered me that everyone just skipped five years. loving people will have remarried! The scene was good though, it's good to depict everyone coming back as being traumatic as well. It's just really narratively messy.

They did touch upon that on Far From Home, With Aunt May talking about how people had moved into her apartment, and Peter's teacher telling him that his wife faked her "blip" to run off with another guy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

While I'd like to see some conformation about that cost, I know in interviews about Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, Matthew Holness said people would be surprised about how expensive it really is to make something that looks really cheap.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Edmund Lava posted:

The source seem to be This article from Hollywood Reporter. They’re credible enough that several other outlets are taking it at face value.

It’s a period piece so those are always costly to do correctly. They also used period appropriate lighting, sets, special effects and that can add up.

Cool, thanks!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Retrowave Joe posted:

And the upside to that too is I think most actors would relish the chance to get to be in those moments.

You know if he was still alive Adam West would've been side by side Burt Ward in CW's Crisis crossover.

Phylodox posted:

Hey, 80s fashion sure was a mess, wasn’t it?

It was AWESOME. Give me bright colors and suspenders over JNCO's and Sketchers any day. (I was a child of the 80s)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Laughing Zealot posted:

So, the Lagos paper towel advert. Any specific reference there I'm missing?

It was the opening sequence of Civil War, where attempting to prevent an explosion, Wanda inadvertently caused one that killed dozens of Wakandans.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/KirbyKrackleArt/status/1357470058784710656?s=20

Kirby on The Incredible Hulk

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

What if Hayward's Mephisto, and tried to manipulate Wanda, but now is in panic mode because she's more powerful than he imagined and he's lost control?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Darcy tore off those chains, right?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Let's discuss something really important: Is Sam right? Is a sorcerer just a wizard without a hat?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jedit posted:

HG Wells once said that science fiction is either about ordinary people in extraordinary situations, or extraordinary people in ordinary situations.

I once heard this phrase used to describe the difference between drama and comedy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Doctor Nutt posted:

Would be a pretty neat MCU take on Venom tbh, Brock gets dusted but Venom doesn't, which leads to Venom seeking a new host and of course ~*drama*~ when the blip happens and Brock returns to find Venom bonded with some douchebag.

With Brock's luck, the symbiote would probably bond with Anne's boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Bar Patron posted:

So is the internet mad that she hulk is a woman? I figure it might ruffle some feathers. I've seen it described as "woke garbage" in some articles. Maybe they should compromise and have a straight white male play she hulk.

I like the last two comments, seeing as Stan Lee is the one who created She-Hulk (with John Buscema)