Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
So VisionWanda is coming out at midnight eastern, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Barry Convex posted:

AFAIK, premiere time is midnight PST/3AM EST/whatever that is where you live, a bit over seven hours from now. though you likely already know that

Oh nvm. I looked up thread. Thanks

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Disney has always made bank on nostalgia, angst and limited offerings. They suck.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

LazyDivey posted:

There is a clip out there too but I'm going to refrain from posting it unless you all are ok with that. Otherwise, if you really want to be spoiled I would check out the Marvelstudiospoilers subreddit.

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

Think all these leaks semi-confirm a lot of suspicions I, and clearly a lot of others, had about this show.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Martytoof posted:

So far the only "this is MCU but on a TV budget" thing for me was Vision floating during his argument with Wanda. For some reason it just looked like a cheap effect. But maybe it also had something to do with the fact that it was happening inside an 80s sitcom set which gave it a weird look too.

I'm 90% sure the effects are supposed to look cheap there (in that stand-off).

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Phylodox posted:

I don’t think they are. Otherwise Wanda’s magic would have looked cheap, too. I think what we’re reacting to is seeing these special effects in the context of sit-com cinematography; everything is evenly lit, no depth of field, shot with cheap video cameras instead of film or digital, etc.

They look like they're being pulled up by wires; most of the other types of flight / levitation choreography in the MCU is usually CGI if memory serves.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
OK.

Cool series.

Can we have X-Men now?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Bedshaped posted:

Not until Hugh Jackman is dead

Dammit...

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

JoylessJester posted:

The Visions though experimenting it out was good, the rest was a resumption of Marvel norms.

Wandavision has demostrated that the leads are capable of doing alot more then they get in MCU if given the chance, so hopefully they'll get work out it.

Yeah, this is exactly where I stand as well.

I'd only add: the plot and narrative weren't interesting at all to me, but even in episodes I found subpar, Bettany / Olsen carried the show quite well.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The shot of all the townspeople just staring at Hoody-Wanda from a distance is supposed to impart to us that they are mad as gently caress. But uhhh, lol...it just looks like the ending to a musical.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

The World Inferno posted:

This would have been a phenomenal way to end the show. A modern day take off of the "live" musical, with her chaos magic causing everyone to break out into song.

Yeah, why not? It's not like every other family-friendly show is avoiding musical episodes.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I really wanted Magnesh (read: Magneto).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just in case anyone didn’t recognize what Wanda was doing in the stinger:

She’s been studying.

yea! My first read was astral projection or w/e