Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Mooseontheloose posted:

oddly though, Chris Evans left a backdoor for him to show up if he changes his mind. I feel like he just needed a break.

I know Covid hosed up their release schedule but it's funny that he was gone for a whopping one whole MCU movie before there were reports of him coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Azhais posted:

Maybe each MCU show is going to introduce the next MCU show

Zemo did this??

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Vision only showed super speed when working on a computer right?

He ran the doctor over to help with the birth

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Adus posted:

man, the humor of this episode did not click with me at all.

I really liked the episode but it was probably my least favorite of the sitcom parodies. The pacing and joke delivery felt too slow to be a Modern Family or The Office, and they should've used more hand-held cameras for the fake documentary look.

Is it possible that "Ralph" is Hayward? And he recruited Agatha to help with his missing Vision problem?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Yo Gabba Gabba on the TV was possibly foreshadowing to when they introduce The Aquabats into the MCU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Do we know why Tony Stark never attempted to fix Vision during the blip years? Or if he did and failed?

I assume Heyward had him wheeled out of storage to see if Wanda could/would do something about him, not that they've been hammering and sawing at him those entire five years.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Codependent Poster posted:

Cap didn't create any alternate realities so long as he put the stones back right where the rest of the team got him.

Why are people so mad about that grief line? I thought it was pretty good, especially the way Bettany delivered it.

Him staying in the past to dance with Peggy before the two of them spent the next 50 years kicking Hydra rear end created a pretty fun sounding alternate reality that I hope Loki gets to visit

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Robot Hobo posted:

Which would suggest that Steve either had to spend ~40 years with Peggy without ever telling her that SHIELD, her life's work, had been secretly a Hydra front for most of that time...
or Peggy spent ~40 years knowing that SHIELD was really Hydra, but had to let it happen and pretend she didn't know for the rest of her life.

Either way, awkward.

Yeah, this is the big one for me. With all we know about Steve, he's not going to sit idly by letting atrocities happen so he can enjoy a 40 year vacation.

For what it's worth the directors of Endgame both say changing the past creates branching timelines, and Cap & Peggy had a bunch of Hydra-busting adventures before he grew old and hopped back:

https://collider.com/avengers-endgame-cap-timeline-explained-russo-brothers-answer/

My take was that Ancient One was insisting the Stones be returned to where they came from because they will get used to help people in those new branches (Strange will eventually need the Time Stone to stop Dormammu, for example), not because they needed to magic them away.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Firebert posted:

So Captain America built a second time machine in an alternate timeline and then old Steve Rogers time traveled back to the MCU main universe in a different area, then drove to Tony's house and hid in some bushes for a couple of hours until his young self left and then sat on a bench?

:psyduck:

Why would he need a second time machine? He's wearing one. The whole idea was he was going to need to return to where he originally left from while being somewhere in the past. He just waited a while before that last jump, he could've arrived when everyone else was at Tony's funeral.

It's clunky sure but it's easier to get around than Thanos entering a time portal in 2014 and dying, and then also being around to hunt infinity stones for the next few years. Time is either a single loop or it isn't.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What is a multiverse if not multiple timelines that branched off from each other at some point? They're all similar but different for reasons? How do the comics explain it?

Genuine question, not trying to be snarky just trying to jive "only the infinity stones can create branches and they were all trimmed in Endgame" and "MCU Phase 4 is all about multiverses"

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

So did WandaVision transfer his current memories to WhiteVision or did he remove the block on memories WhiteVision already had? I suppose that would determine whether or not Vision going forward has any memories of Westview or attachment to the boys.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Red posted:

What Avengers? Cap is, for all intents and purposes, gone. Iron Man is dead. Thor is probably off planet with GotG. Ant-Man is anti-authority. Black Widow is dead, Hawkeye is off the grid, and Falcon/Bucky will be updated shortly. Spider-Man is back to NYC, and was only connected via Happy/Iron Man. War Machine is basically a janitor (in that he just goes and cleans up Tony's/gov't's messes, and doesn't ask questions), and Captain Marvel is also off planet. (Whomever is the) Black Panther is in Wakanda and isn't really present.

Edit: Hulk is around, but he probably just isolates himself in whatever lab.

I think he meant stopping a government agency from taking their friend's corpse to do whatever with.

Vision died in Infinity War, and Cap/Tony/Thor/Hulk/Widow had five years to find out what SWORD was trying to do and were either on board or didn't care enough to stop it.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

live with fruit posted:

They were still taking Vision apart when Wanda came by a couple weeks after Endgame. It seems likely that Acting Director Heyward had only recently started messing around with him.

Either that or the wheeled him back out for Wanda's benefit when he (correctly) guessed that she'd be somehow able to reboot him. Maria died two years into the Blip so Hayward has been in charge for a while.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The World Inferno posted:

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/1369011725673062402

Kudos to the brave soul that listens to Kevin Smith for two hours to confirm that from the interview, but lol.

Changing a show to stay ahead of internet commenters guessing anything and everything about the plot is what ruined Westworld and I really hope they don't make a habit of this

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Dr. Strange 2 will probably be a mirror match depending on how they use Mordo. I'm assuming he won't be the big bad though and will probably Crossbones Strange into the larger plot.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Ravel posted:

I thought somebody confirmed that Steve didn't take the long way back to 2024. He lived a full life with Peggy then returned via the time travel mechanism, and just showed up on the bench for the theatricality I guess.

That makes his age indeterminate in that scene. He could be 80.

Nobody really knows for sure. The writers say he went the long way back and was always Peggy's husband, silently shaking his head as she goes off to do HYDRA's bidding. The directors say he went and created a new Peggy/Steve timeline that he lived in for a while before hopping back, and all the talk of "trimming branches" was for nothing.

Maybe Old Steve will clarify on FATWS? ("No I don't think I will")

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The show makes the point that the people under her spell are conscious and suffering when they could have just as easily had them wake up as if no time had passed wondering where they were. I don't think we're supposed to consider Wanda redeemed just yet, otherwise they wouldn't have portrayed her actions as so monstrous. If she's meant to be a Phase 4 villain at some point I think getting her there with the WandaVision miniseries was more interesting than her just showing up later saying she's sad about Vision dying.

I personally hope new Vision isn't in DS2 and they keep them apart for a little while. Dude flew off into space, maybe we'll see him show up in Captain Marvel 2.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What's weird to me is all those freed villagers saw the Hex was destroyed but they hung around to give Wanda the stink eye instead of grabbing their kids and getting the gently caress out of there as quickly as possible

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Was the dog real or was it another Wanda construct like the boys?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

In the MCU at least Sam's had Cap's back for years at this point while Bucky was either hypnotized, in hiding, or working through his PTSD in suspended animation. Handing the mantle of Captain America to the guy he's repeatedly been able to rely on rather than a childhood friend with issues made perfect sense to me. :shrug:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

tsob posted:

Tucci knew fairly quickly, but the movie still makes it clear to the audience and Erskine still had to prove why Steve was the best choice for the serum throughout the film's beginning. Which is something Sam has never had. It'd be nice to see something similar for Sam, to show why he's Steve's successor; rather than just leaving it at "he's Steve's friend and a good person". Which is basically all we have.

I mean yeah if you discount everything Sam did in Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War & Endgame he really hasn't proven himself at all. Him being Captain America doesn't make any sense!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Collapsing Farts posted:

Does "the mantle of captain america" mean anything in the movies? How long has Captain America been around? Is he world famous? I never got a particularl good impression on just how famous/popular these characters were in-universe. You'd think Thor would have an army of worshippers around him at all times

He was a well known celebrity in the 40s for his USO stuff before going off to be a war hero, to the point where he gets an entire Smithsonian exhibit dedicated to him. He & the rest of the Avengers seem pretty known in universe. Tony draws a huge crowd at his expo, Scott Lang marks out when he meets Cap, we see people asking Thor & Hulk for selfies, Spider-Man fights criminals wearing Avengers Halloween masks, etc.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Sanguinia posted:

Sam was a soldier who saw horrible things and left the military, but when he heard that Captain America was up against some evil thing he immediately dropped his nice, safe civilian life and volunteered to risk his life to do the right thing and fight evil as a superhero. No trauma, no self-imposed duty, nothing outside of his control. He volunteered for no other reason than he saw something bad and wanted to help stop it.

I cannot IMAGINE why Steve Rodgers, a man who risked prison trying to sign up for the military under multiple fake names just because the Nazi were bad and he wanted to help fight them, would see Sam as his obvious successor. What a mystery this is.

But did he literally jump on a grenade though? There's just no way to judge his character otherwise

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh my god. :cripes:

(In my screening people was sad. Then on endgame everyone was losing their poo poo with the "on your left" line, also the whole place went absolute nuts and screaming when Black Panther showed up).

My Infinity War screening had two 12 year old kids right next to us loudly talking through the entire dusting scene. "What's happening" "did he snap" "I think they're dying" "Why are they dying" "I think Thanos used the stones". Completely ruined the moment.

My Endgame screening was similar to yours though. People lost their poo poo at the "on your left" sequence and it ruled

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Shouldn't Sam's sister have gotten his half of the boat when he basically died in the snap? Kinda dumb to give it back to him right when you're trying to get rid of it!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

In the United States, you have to be missing for 7 years to be declared legally dead.

That's interesting... were snapped people considered "missing" though?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ShakeZula posted:

Huh, I had no idea he was Kurt Russell's son

Does this make them the first father-son duo to appear in the MCU?

Groot/Baby Groot

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I love how angry the new Cap is making me. Every scene he's whipping the shield around or saying "Bucky" I'm just like "oh this rear end in a top hat."

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Forgive me if this was explained and I missed it. Is Steve considered dead or missing? How did Sam explain where he got the shield in the first place?

Also Bucky & Sam have a few conversations about "what Steve would've wanted" but neither seem to think to ask him, so it comes across like he's not around. I'm sure Steve has some opinions about New Cap too, or that Walker's handlers would try to seek out his endorsement or whatever.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Cap almost lifting Mjolnir and Thor being low-key shocked by it is a great AoU moment. It gets undercut later when Vision casually tosses it around and Stark compares him to an elevator or something

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Nail Rat posted:

I'll say the prison breakout is not a good look because it's not like they just got Zemo out. The way it happened probably resulted in the deaths of numerous prisoners, guards, and prison staff.

Sam at least didn't know about it and wouldn't have signed off on it. Bucky can add the dead to his "I'm Sorry" list and brood over it later

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

In an alternate timeline Jon Favreau accepts the role of Chandler Bing and the MCU never gets off the ground

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Bust Rodd posted:

Bucky stunting on everyone with his super strength, like stripping all the aluminum siding off the boat in one move, was the feel good moment I needed for him. His story is so sad, and all he wants to do is be useful and pitch in and contribute in a way that isn’t just murdering everyone. This was him getting to experience some semblance of normalcy, friendship and family.

My favorite part:

"Why didn't you use your metal arm?"

"I'm right-handed, I don't always think of it"

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The_Doctor posted:

Thor and Loki are at their best in Ragnarok. "Let's do 'get help'."

Thor bellowing "HELP HIM" as he throws Loki at the guards makes me laugh so hard

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Never got around to Defenders because Iron Fist was too much of a chore to finish and I figured I wouldn't know what was going on

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Everyone posted:

Maybe, but I'm completely okay if they all just stay the gently caress away from it. I remember the Marvel comics from around that time. The poster with Doctor Doom crying a single tear like in the give a hoot don't pollute commercial. And they tried to do something with... I dunno... super first responders or somethings.

I think the only supers take on 9/11 I liked was in Garth Ennis's The Boys and it was just pitch loving infra-black humor. Spoilers follow:

:words:

They sort of adapt that into the first season don't they? Or is there another instance from the comics of this happening?

It's a great moment, one of my favorite "what the gently caress" scenes from that show

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Tony Stark calling Fat Thor "Lebowski" was a reference to his first villain being played by Jeff Bridges! :monocle:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Spacebump posted:

How did Doctor Strange know where to find Pepper for the final battle in Endgame or that she had a suit of armor?

He had already seen the millions of futures where he didn't find her

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is BP2 already in production? Seems like a quick turnaround

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What was the reasoning for Nakia being left out of all the Infinity War/Endgame stuff? I looked it up and they explain it with a vague "she was doing missions" but was there more to it? Actor scheduling or something?

It doesn't even seem known whether she got snapped or not.