Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Phylodox posted:

Has anyone pointed out the significance of the name Seņor Scratchy yet?

According to Heavy Spoilers, there was a character named Nick Scratch that she worked with/aided Agatha. I think there's still a chance for a Mephisto/Nightmare reveal.

Also, In the intro to Wandavision, in cut and paste lettering, "I know what you did, Wanda". Who knew? Agatha or something bigger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Nexus means gateway right?

So 'gateway to your death'?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

My Face When posted:

Nexus means gateway right?

So 'gateway to your death'? Pro is to bring forth and ēmo is to buy or acquire or take.

Gateway to bring and take your death(s)

Edit: quote is not edit. Sorry.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Wasn't she the one that asked her husband, 'harold' if the earrings made her look fat?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Im just happy they are giving scarlet witch and Vision more screen time. I rewatched the MCU after the first couple episodes of WV and they really had maybe 4 scenes together after Ultron.

Lagos kept her cooped up after Civil War and it was implied but not shown that their relationship bloom. The next time you see them is in Glasgow at infinity war. There was no in between and it always felt forced to me.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

twistedmentat posted:

I was trying not to horny post but she looked deliciously thiccc in that outfit

Honestly, Dennings and the actor playing monica has hips for days since their transformation and i aint complaining.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Floppychop posted:

Anyone that wants more evidence of Bettany's comedic timing skills needs to see him in A Knight's Tale.

A Knight's Tale is a top 20 if not top 10 for me.

Alan Tudyk is great in it too and I saw the Black Knight was in Man in High Castle as a Nazi and I thought that was perfect for him.

gently caress I'm just remembering the dance scene and I want to put it on again.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Everyone posted:

I hope we get some version of the original take on them - a bunch of villains running a long a con by pretending to be heroes.

Actually, with Mysterios motive in Far from Home, the thunderbolts may be more plausable than i considered before. We'll probably get sinister 6 for spidey 3, but thunderbolts would help keep that 'illusion' pushing foward.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I thought they called it the blip in news chyron as Monica entered the sword headquarters?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Looks like it.

Who else in the MCU has the blue? Just Monica?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

STAC Goat posted:

Holy loving poo poo SWORD made monotone personalityless Vision!

What an episode.

Seems like some kinda cross dimensional/time/witch fate encounter with "The Scarlet Witch". Whatever the hell Agatha meant by that.

Sokovian fortune teller. :eng101:

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

drat this episode got me crying. Bring the kleenex for those wbo havent seen it.

Grief is a hell of a thing and powerful too. everything starts to make sense and it really boils down to Wanda wanting Vision. "What is grief if not love persevering" is going to be a tattoo for me next.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Its Rinaldo posted:

The only thing I've really been disappointed with in this show is I wish they would not have made Hayward as much a mustache twirling villain like he is and give Monica more to work with.

I agree with this. He's been the weakest part of the entire series thus far and his actions seem forced. His actions didnt click with how he approached Monica initially, which was respectful and dutiful. His actions afterwards were not so and seemed too villanous.

The scene with Wanda was more of the approach i was hoping for. Respectful, allowing her to see what they are doing etc. He understands the grief and touches on the moral and ethical aspects of Vision coming around. I really don't think he would have the white vision as a last resort. its just touched upon very poorly. There could have been a better approach than "grrrr witchy woman is evil might as well send a missiled drone in to attempt to incapacitate her."

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

BrianWilly posted:

Agatha's a D&D Wizard and she's jelly that Wanda's a Sorcerer who just gets magic for doing nothing. :colbert:

I chuckled at this a lot harder than i should of.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Ror posted:

OK I'm a terrible person because I burst out laughing when Wanda's family blew up during TV night, but in my defense it reminded me of this

https://twitter.com/jackdwagner/status/1208174810066350080

An Ounce of Courage right? Still my fav cinema snob episode to watch here and there.

They make a secular non denominational pageant about aliens and hijack it with footage of kids dead father filming before he gets blown the gently caress up to show the TRUE meaning of Christmas. :allears:

Anyway, loving all the ideas being brought forth.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

For those curious about the dates:august 23rd was the Harts dinner. The one in episode seventh was just the 10th, i dont believe there was a month.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Still living up to your name. Ok, just we’re clear the only problem I have with Steven Universe is all the crying. All the LGTBQ themes I am copacetic with and support. I’m a grouch, not toxic. Jesus.

Oof. Don't watch movies with me then. Every emotional scene since I watched some movie in 2009 has caused my waterworks to cry at EVERYTHING. Otters with their pups? Tears. Emotional moment in a movie i like? Done. Sad story about animals or kids. Grab me a napkin.

I guess my emotional damage makes me quite the pussy.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Ignis posted:

Fun anachronism from this week's episode: Wanda was born in 89 and her parents died when she was 10, so that flashback would presumably happen in 99, before those editions of Bewitched S1 (June 2005) and Malcolm S1 (2002) were made. I figure it's just a production goof and not actual foreshadowing to things, fwiw :v:

This actually caused me to double take, since i felt the years didnt add up. I remember watching the latter when it first came on, so, it didn't make sense. Glad you caught it too.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

TwT

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Oh man if james Spader comes back for ultron/white vision, im going to fan girl.

Also, since we haven't seen her since 7, is Darcy going to pop up and save Monica from Fietro?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

STAC Goat posted:

It feels a rush to restore Vision no. I suspect you draw it out for awhile, let White Vision with no emotions be a thing for awhile while Wanda goes off doing hr own thing, either grieving and moving on or studying with Strange to try and figure out how to restore Vision the same way Strange started studying with the Ancient One to heal his hands. There's a nice symmetry to that and fits the Doctor Strange theme of broken people finding healing through magic. Then down the line after its been built awhile full Vision returns.

I think part of it again goes back to us not really knowing what SWORD is or what the direction of the MCU is right now. SWORD being a sketchy version of SHIELD heroes have to deal with and having their how heroes with guys like Vision and USAgent could be a thing that builds to something. Or not.

This is my feeling of how the direction will go for Wanda and Vision. It makes perfect sense on every front.

I'm just really left wondering how they'll handle Billy and Tommy. It could go either way at this point, but i feel that if they DO kill them off, there would be fan backlash. It seems they are setting up Young Avengers as well, so it wouldn't make sense to do so.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

^yeah that.

STAC Goat posted:

Forcing Wanda to sacrifice them and then a post credit teaser that she instinctively found some way to stash them somewhere else in the world feels kinda right. But they're still aged a little young for Young Avengers time so I don't know exactly what you do there. A tease now and then 3-4 years from now they show back up for Young Avengers could work but it wouldn't satisfy people who want to see Wiccan and Speed now.

They have shown they can age up on their own before, unless i misunderstood those segments, or if it was forced by Agatha. If the former is the case, what's to stop them from aging up until they are out of the Hex?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

So im rewatching episode 5. Knowing what i already know, the clues are making everything more clear.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I just want an agatha harkness show now. Shes easily the best part of the whole show.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Oh yeah, olsen is great in this and im happy to see her spread her acting chops.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

haha. nice wizard of oz reference.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Haha Boner.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

im really enjoying the metaphysics of the Visions.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

The Green screen and cgi a tad bit distracting.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

i can see why they said that people who have speculated will be left disappointed. That felt very anticlimactic. i liked it though. 8/10

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Legends is up for people that don't have time to watch the movies and need to catch up before Falcon and winter solider.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

DaveKap posted:

I have to think Ralph was the witsec guy who went missing because 1: Why would he have a picture of himself with a name on it if it weren't some document supplied by the program and 2: Woo says in ep 4 that he called people who were supposed to know Ralph and none of them knew who he was talking about. Of course nobody would know him if he's from another dimension. Also it really is so stupid to do this casting and point it out within the show purely as a nod and a wink to viewers. That doesn't track for me at all.

Hi yeah. If this has been explained, please disregard

Thats a head shot. Hes an actor, which is probably why he has a lot of bills and staying in an attic.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

not only is there speculation with Young Avengers, but West Coast Avengers, with white vision around now.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Shneak posted:

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1367795732506234880

The finale was almost entirely underwhelming except for Scarlet Witch sparing Agatha's life.

Oh she could have double casted herself as wanda AND Vision with her robotic and emotionless acting.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

"We look drat good."

Thats what working out get ya.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Man, this is the series I’ve been looking forward to the most and it’s almost completely because of their chemistry in Civil War.

Yeah, i rewatched civil war and TWS this week and their chemistry is really great. It looks like the chemistry will be played for laughs and i have a feeling the trust between the two will be a good development.

I wasnt really that interested at first, but with how much i enjoyed wandavision, im looking forward to it.

It'll be nice to see more war machine. Don Cheadle is a great actor and always a pleasure to watch.

My Face When fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 7, 2021

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

achillesforever6 posted:

Don't forget Elon Musk showing up in it; meanwhile they cut Ghostface Killer showing up in the original Iron Man movie

Now i jist want to make wu tang canon in the MCU.

What would everyone's powers be? Would there be a plot on trying to a multiverse ODB?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

My Face When posted:

Edit: phone posting. Double post quote is not edit. Ka bam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

No, ralph was an actor and you cant be in the open if you are under witness protection.