Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
lol my dad is a total MCU hog, like has watched them all twice and watched Infinity War 3 times that I know of, and he told me even he almost quit on the first episode and didn't enjoy the second either. and I know for a fact he's been rewatching The Andy Griffith Show and The Saint on the family Prime. idk why this clicks with me, I guess I'm the real Marvel pig?

the SWORD segments are making me feel sad about the red-head Agents of SHIELD ended up feeling like, I should really finish watching it some time. but lmao at just dropping it in as yet another stupidly named alphabet agency of nebulous jurisdiction and function that was apparently created right after Captain Marvel but had gone completely unmentioned until now. they could have just had it created after the Thanosing but for some reason felt it necessary to tie Monica to it nepotistically. it's not really SWORD without Abigail Brand anyways, but she was killed for shock value in Grant Ward's heel turn :flipoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

BurritoJustice posted:

Victoria Hand was killed, not Abigail Brand. Seems to be a common mistake.

I thought it was implied that SWORD was founded more recently? I'm also a bit confused that the name is specifically about sentient weapons when they are likely going to be a general SHIELD replacement going forwards.

oh my god I don't know how they got mixed up so thoroughly in my head, they don't even look alike! I must have been pretty hosed up when I watched that episode, I think I even posted about the swerve in TVIV when it came out. christ lol

Wiki says it was est. 1995, I'm guessing it was on a placard in the background or something, and I assume them picking up the X-Files tab could be a post-SHIELD collapse development. It may have had the original comics name too, Sentient World Observation and Response Division (yeah I know, blame Joss Whedon), and it was changed post-Snap to Sentient Weapons when they shifted from extraterrestrial stuff to AI and nanotech. Which would make sense if that had happened after the evil android tried to destroy the human race, instead of after the alien from outer space did :ughh: it feels dumber to me because I was of the mind that the studio had kept SWORD references out of Thor and Agents of SHIELD just so they'd have a backup for something like what happened in Winter Soldier, but this poo poo is just lazy

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Dead on Arrival posted:

What that the Darkhold, or just a random spellbook? I remember it was on AoS, but I don't remember what happened to it.

unfortunately we'd know if it was the Darkhold if it had "DARKHOLD" on the cover in big metal letters :pseudo:. Robbie took ot with him to Hell, but it popped up again in Hulu's Runaways

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Been watching wandavision as a byproduct of paying for the mandalorian season 2 and I KILLED SPARKY TOO! is the first thing i’ve legitimately liked in the mcu. Is Agatha a character in the comics or is she an original character do not steal?

in the comics she was the Fantastic Four's babysitter (because their son was until recently a virtual god) and became Wanda's teacher

Protagorean fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Feb 19, 2021

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Seedge posted:

Apparently some MCU show called Helstrom is coming to Disney next week? Anyone heard anything much about it?

It was so underpushed I'd never heard about it until you asked and it apparently sucked so bad Marvel axed it after one ten-episode season (though being the one errant project remaining from the aborted line-up of similarly themed Hulu MCU shows probably had more to do with it)

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
thinking abt the movie where they just logic Thanos into doubling the resources in the universe instead

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
the Dusting sounds like Thanos used the gauntlet to fart in everyone's face simultaneously

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Fingerless Gloves posted:

thanos clicks and everybody shrinks to half their size

make everyone ant-man sized like that melancholic matt damon movie

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Blaise330 posted:

they dont UNDERSTAND what she SACRIFICED

When you think about it, she's the real victim

WandaVision is a quirky Rambo 1

I guess I was wrong about the Darkhold, which whatever, the old design was really stupid anyways, but I hate a reveal like that where they know you're not going to recognize it so they make Agatha spell it out.. two episodes later! The finale overall was a big stinker. Too many loose ends, the few you got tied up were unsatisfying, and it felt like the movie-budget quality itself dropped off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Marsupial Ape posted:

Oh, like a tankie defending violent revolutions and authoritarian regimes just because they have a veneer of Marxism? “Well ackshually Che Guevara was noble and laudable for executing all those political dissidents in the jungle”.

What's your favorite brand of boot by taste? Do you take yours polished or unpolished?