Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
the awkward sitcom situations are rotting me from the inside but they've got me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Is there a significance to the chant of "for the children" or is it just wacky sitcom stuff

I would bet huge money on the former

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I know someone brought up Wanda's pants, but did anyone mention the bed thing

the Hays code something something you couldn't show a couple in the same bed until like the 60s

edit: specifically the first sitcom couple who weren't married IRL to share a bed on screen were on (dramatic pause) Bewitched

double edit: first live action sitcom couple in case anyone wants to be a smartass and bring up the Flintstones

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 17, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Sataere posted:

Actually, it was Mary Kay and Johnny :smug:

married in real life, even featured their real kid as their TV kid

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
You tried scrubbing. You tried bleaching. You even tried other products.

Where did that bring you? Back to me.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Edmund Lava posted:

They skipped over Spider-Man’s origin and haven’t repeated a whole lot of plots that have been done in non comic media so far, I’m hoping they skip DoFP, God Loves Man Kills and Dark Phoenix.

I could be wrong because it’s X-Men and those stories are more iconic than any story involving MCU characters but I can hope.

they should use Wandavision as practice for revealing Mojo World

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

BurritoJustice posted:

Casting spoiler

James Spader is now credited for an episode

it'shappening dot gif

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
iirc a bunch of devils have/currently claim to be Satan, and many others are averse to calling themselves that for various reasons (Mephisto included)

there's essentially a throne of Who Is Proper Satan that all the occupants of various Hells either lack the strength or desire to take; Mephisto himself has done a lot of the things Satan was said to do, and may have boldly announced himself Satan at several points in his youth, but now acts like he's above that kind of poo poo man he's Mephisto. This is separate from Mephisto's own throne, which has been lost and regained and etc

gently caress knows if that's been / is being retconned or if half the places I hodgepodged my deets on Mephisto from were ever canon to begin with though, I'm drawing mostly from comics I can't remember authored by people that weren't likely to swap notes

I don't think anyone sweats about the consistency about Mephisto much, but I kind of like the cut of his jib in a lot of non-Spider-Man appearances. He's often written as the sort of smug-but-amicable rear end in a top hat you expect out of the devil what do the deals, but nervously, like a car dealer that knows what he's doing but also knows he really needs this sell

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 24, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
thanks Marvel, for retroactively winning me a bunch of arguments about Spider-man

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
my wild theory is that Wanda's last resort for "fitting in" is going to be making weirdos with powers like herself and Vision more commonplace, which is to say, yes more mutants

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Phylodox posted:

It’s Luke Skywalker.

much like Spider-man, the Star Wars movie franchise will be saved by incorporating it into the MCU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

will show up in the 80s episode with a bea arthur wig

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I like Moonstone a lot because "villainous therapist" is a neat angle, but also I don't want to villainize therapists

my browser's spellcheck does not recognize the word villainize

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
featuring Jared Leto as Morbius, The Living Vampire

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
would pay real money for an elsa bloodstone series

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Do we know if MCU Dr. Strange has any passive telepathy resistance? Hawkeye, Selwig and whoever else acted to the extent of their capabilities when Mindstone'd by Loki; Wanda having Strange brainwacked in a basement somewhere doing the real magic could explain a lot

like as far as we know they haven't even met but baby I'm taking my shot

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
re: costume talk, the classic crown thing she has in the comics would definitely work better on a villain than a hero

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

AngryBooch posted:

With the way the acting head of SWORD was asking relatively forcefully about if Wanda has ever had a codename or callsign, it makes me think he's an imposter or possibly from another universe where she is known as the Scarlet Witch. It also makes me wonder if they'll finally give her the moniker. I can't recall if she was ever referred to as a Witch in AOU but I don't think she was.

Tony calls her "that little witch" when hulkbustering the hulk, but in that Tony Stark kind of way

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
parallel reality justin hammer who is exactly the same except not in prison

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Boxman posted:

Does the MCU have enough villains that lived through their movies' endings to do a Thunderbolts? Introducing a bunch of heroes then saying "TWIST they were villains" when we didn't see them be villains seems...sorta dumb.

EDIT: I actually thought about it. Zemo, Batroc, let's say Yellowjacket from Ant-Man survived, one the Damage Control guys from Homecoming, Ghost as 'the one who actually wants to go heroic'.

Sure, that's enough.

put deadpool's juggernaut on the thunderbolts

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

tsob posted:

You also could use Justin Hammer or The Vulture. Who, I suppose you could have meant within the Damage Control group, but who is distinct enough that he could be mentioned separate from them.

if sony ends up doing a sinister six as well then michael keaton could be looking at some paychecks

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
and that one Carnage episode feat. Iron Man, Baron Mordo and the strangest pacing I have ever seen in an episode of television

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Infinitum posted:

I'm gonna go wildcard on the unannounced guest being Ultron

just full blown CGI Ultron but he's dressed for the era and nobody acts like it's weird

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
two things:

lol she turned them into literal clowns

and

unleash hell, demon spawns

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Gaz-L posted:

Monica was apparently already a top-level SWORD agent before the snap, and Jimmy Woo in the comics is basically Asian-American James Bond. (Yes, I know he was a dorkus in Ant-Man 2, shut up)

I really, really like the idea of goofball Jimmy Woo also being a total badass, but I have a thing for Zenigata/Lupin style relationships where the criminal keeps eluding the detective not because the detective is an idiot, but because the criminal is just that good

it's that kind of pro wrestling logic where, when we the audience discover Woo is actually really loving good at his job when he's not being a dork, it makes Scott Lang look even cooler for outwitting him

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 12, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Gavok posted:

Woorange Cassidy

he just wants to learn card tricks and hang out but if pressed, he will unravel the poo poo out of your conspiracy

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
it really is just a case of the mondays

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
and that skrull will be played by Mark Hamill

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Pussy Quipped posted:

Guess D+ poo poo the bed.

getting an error message when I try to play something is fine, sites get overloaded

getting booted back to the main menu after an error, though, hoo buddy

edit hacker voice I'm in

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
proof that it's not about the size of the twist, it's about the execution

loving incredible

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Edge & Christian posted:

No word on what Rolling Hills Lane is meant to signify in this formulation, or any of the other visible signs throughout the series.

guys I cracked the code

Rolling Hills New York in the comics was the location of Area 14 and the Master Matrix;

the Master Matrix was an advanced life model decoy who could control other life model decoys and thus,

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I wouldn't bet money on there being another another villain, but if there is I bet they also get a song

something witches and comedy have in common is a rule of threes, you see

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

tsob posted:

How do you think they're going to explain the hex's creation when neither Wanda or Agatha appear to have any idea how it started, and last episode showed us Agatha manipulating "Pietro," to try to find out it's origins, if not with another villain?

I mean I wouldn't bet against it, either

I could armchair it swinging either way

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
someone attempted to steal my disney plus account

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

twistedmentat posted:

I find that odd, like you can easily find this stuff, and the service is pretty inexpensive. And I doubt you can steal someones CC# through it.

I always end up running episode 1 when i start the new episode and think they're doing some kind of rewind or something.

small update: they managed to get into the account but didn't change the password, just put a PIN on the main profile (which is bypassable, if you have the password proper)

I changed the main password, put a new PIN on the main profile, deleted all the extra profiles that had popped up, and now I can't watch Wandavision myself because I'm "streaming on too many devices"

I checked the box for disabling all other devices, but it said that could take up to four hours

real cool and good

edit: also had to change the profile back to English

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
this is honestly incredible

I can't watch the show I'm paying for because the people that jacked into the account are still watching it

no strange logins to my e-mail, so I don't think that's how this happened

what the poo poo, Disney

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
what if Hayward knew full well the drone missile couldn't take out Wanda, he just wanted her Maximum Pissed to juice the Master Matrix White Vision from the get-go

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Hobo Clown posted:

Do we know why Tony Stark never attempted to fix Vision during the blip years? Or if he did and failed?

I assume Heyward had him wheeled out of storage to see if Wanda could/would do something about him, not that they've been hammering and sawing at him those entire five years.

Vision was such a perfect storm of circumstances that if I were Tony I, personally, would not even think about dinking with it

you can only accidentally make Ultrons so many times before it looks suspicious and making GBS threads out one post-snap and pre-blip would have been a real dick move

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Mario's also planned to be licensed to the them (specifically the Minions people) for a moovie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Masonity posted:

It won't be as good as Super Hornio Brothers.

With Nintendo's history of pumping out cinematic masterpieces, Illumination really does have their work cut out for them