Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
what WAS the deal with Marvel and cuffed boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Wandavision Season 2 but instead of personal grief she's driven to snap by our lovely prison system

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
they should slap her with a big ol fine

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Gaz-L posted:

By the thread's logic that doesn't get Stark off the hook. He saved the world from a threat he caused, therefore by the transitive value he didn't actually do anything.

poo poo I think at least half of the threats stopped by tony stark were caused by tony stark

iron man's whoopsie box is so full it spills into other peoples' rogues galleries

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

tsob posted:

He created Ultron, but Ultron was a sapient being capable of self determination. Why should Tony be blamed that Ultron chose to be do bad things when offered the choice? Should he be lauded whenever Vision does something good, because he created Vision too? And again, why is Banner never assigned any blame when discussing Ultron?

banner's an entirely different can of worms if we're talking about people causing a whole bunch of destruction and then loving off

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
hayward was not a particularly interesting villain but he was realistic

just a big dumb rear end in a top hat with authority expecting to get away with it because he always does, full stop

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Golden Bee posted:

If they were still running Luke Cage, we would’ve got an ep where he beats up Dr. doom for 200 bucks. He did say “Where’s my money, honey?”

this is my ideal post-credits scene for a Fantastic Four movie

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

redreader posted:

When they introduced the new captain america and he looked extremely goofy in the helmet/mask, was that on purpose or not? Like he's a normal looking guy but looks like a complete mutant in that helmet thing.

it gives him a more unique silhouette, like one would design a cartoon character or a mascot

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Adamantine is what they use in D&D

e since we're dropping wiki links https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamant

basically instead of just using mythril Marvel invented their own legally distinct* Mythrillium

*probably, I'm not gonna be the one to test it

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 22, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

B class, obviously.

I was going to suggest "unless Saitama can punch magic" as a joke but I realized Popeye has done this

Popeye would be on Wanda's tier

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
If we're counting "the casting was too good for the role" as miscasts, I feel like they could have done better with Karl Urban. Maybe not way better, but better.

he's good enough at disappearing in a role that they might not be opposed to using him twice, though, just slap a wig or some goggles on him and act like he bears no resemblance to Executioner

e: and bring back Justin Hammer

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
hot take: it's not a deliberate move by marvel at all, it's a natural side effect of the forbidden truth and that truth is that the real sex appeal of a superhero is in their secret identity

the sam raimi spider-man kiss, the dance scene in batman returns, nicole kidman's entire character in batman forever, all fairly safe for work and cape movie appropriate and yet also incredibly steamy

it's the mystery, the vulnerability, the handsome stranger, MCU don't do secret identities so everyone's back to the raw animal energy of a very fancy cop, just no mojo at all

the scene where black widow and captain america are on the run in a mall in winter soldier is pretty tense and it, unsurprisingly, involves two people forced to pretend they're other people to setup the business come on you know I'm onto something here

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
it's why the joker doesn't want to know batman's identity most of the time, he gets it

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Collapsing Farts posted:

If you put a whole heap of attractive people in tight situations you'd expect a bit more sexual tension.

I want to highlight this in particular to drop one of my favorite pieces of useless trivia: they had to distribute 450,000 condoms at the Rio 2016 Olympics

the Olympics, in general, tend to be gently caress Central due to all the peak condition athletes with little free time (as they spend all year getting bigger and better) being stuffed into the same general vicinity as each other,

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 9, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Jones is likely some sort of limited hangout to identify and derail critique of the Black Iron Prison. This is a perfect example of him doing just that - you're suggesting I'm worried about white genocide when the real problem is the exact opposite. Marvey-Disney-MIC-CIA are perpetuating a worldwide genocide of brown people while cultivating a "talented tenth"* to which the dominant (read: white) culture can both dictate terms of behavior (Gallant T'Challa/Sam does this vs. Goofus Killmonger/Karli does that) while diluting and absorbing them into the larger body politic.

*W.E.B. Dubois

I'll give you this, it's a well chosen screenname

e: to be clear there is definitely some big evil in the disney company but I really feel like you're making them out to be way, way more competent and connected than they really are

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 9, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
in addition to thanos getting straight up decapitated, allegedly one of the early endgame scripts featured thanos entering the fray by throwing down the head of captain america

they cut it because it was too dour, not because the rating would have stopped them

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Edge & Christian posted:

At that point we're restricting the divergent timeline to anyone who in that particular part of Mongolia who was in the middle of reproductive intercourse and stopped to go see what fell from the sky, I'm reasonably sure anyone else having sex in that three minute period was having it in both timelines.

maybe the red line is the exact moment when a variant's activities are going to directly impact whether or not someone gets born, absolving the TVA of answering at least the bigger ethical questions as long as they clean up before then

or more importantly saving them a lot of extra paperwork

e: to be clear I'm assuming full butterfly effect in play, where two minutes just being around Loki was enough to guarantee some Mongolians that weren't going to bone decided perhaps they should

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 11, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
frankly I don't think they're talking enough

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
and rest assured that alabama will be avenged

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
If anyone is going to fall in love with a variant of themselves I feel like it'd be Loki

also this episode kind of made me want to see a full team of Lokis, maybe for Loki season 2

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Loki used the Force, and the multiverse is how Marvel's going to integrate Star Wars

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Inspector 34 posted:

Yeah holy poo poo. Goons are the best at making 100% wrong predictions.

you can't see the face I'm making but it is horrendous

Lunatic Sledge posted:

If anyone is going to fall in love with a variant of themselves I feel like it'd be Loki

also this episode kind of made me want to see a full team of Lokis, maybe for Loki season 2

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I feel like god drat goon Nostradamus, don't take this moment from me

e: so if Loki's still alive, Owen Wilson's gotta still be alive right

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 30, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

XboxPants posted:

Was the new Bill & Ted movie any good? The original and even the second were some of my favorite time travel movies ever made. Bill S. Prescott was a loving time travel wizard.

Other people have covered it pretty well, but what I ended up telling people right after the movie came out is this: if you liked the first two, you should like the third one. It's not better, it's not worse--it is, somehow, against all reason and logic and the nature of movie trends, more or less about exactly as good as the first two. I found zero flaws in it that didn't have comparable flaws in the original films, the best moments hit about the same heights, as a total experience the third movie fits like a glove. It will not blow your mind or change your life, but as someone else said, it's 100% as good as a third Bill & Ted movie made in 2020 could be (and that, for me, WAS kind of mind blowing).

Marsupial Ape posted:

So…we’re all cool with Loki falling in love with his female temporal twin and wanting to kiss her?

It's important to learn to love yourself

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
being in love dramatically increases a Loki's power level

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
update your rumblers league charts, it goes Loki < Hulk < Loki w/Clone Boner

e: alternative explanation, two Lokis on the same page and fully willing to trust/cooperate with one another could be wily and charismatic enough to possibly corral the remaining planet's survivors to pull off one last ditch desperate escape move they otherwise would not have had the leadership and drive to perform, thus softening what would otherwise be a total apocalypse I'm just spitballing. Loki wouldn't HAVE to be in love necessarily for this to take place, but Loki being Loki it's a safe bet he doesn't deeply trust a lot of casual work-friends

double e: the point being that it might not be "Loki in love is powerful" so much as "Loki committing himself to the cause of anyone but himself can stop god drat armageddon, alas"

the fabled triple edit: Loki committing himself to causes beyond himself helped stave off Ragnarok in popular film Thor: Ragnarok

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 2, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Blue loki
Horny loki
Hornier loki
Horniest loki

it's foreshadowing

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
what I'm hearing is that the real villain is going to be Kang the Cokeror

not to be confused with his cooler variant Kang the Cocaineror

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

MiddleOne posted:

To me it was never entirely clear why Black Window was greenlit at all. A movie completely out of the continuity for a character that had already died. Was it like a personal favor to Scarlett Johansson? I don't get why this got produced.

EDIT: As an aside, what is it with disney-marvel making their female main actor movies all happen out of continuity for no reason.

the alternative was going down in history as having not made a movie with The Original Black Widow at all

likewise Captain Marvel was the choice between having at least -one- lady driven film by the end of Phase 3 or having folks forever bringing up how it took until Phase 4, it's the bare minimum to get the box checked

quick edit: if it's not clear I'm being a snoot, there was really like a billion alternatives they just didn't take em

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Floppychop posted:

Even as a teenager I was confused at the idea that female comic or video and game characters couldn't be popular. I grew up in the time of Lara Croft and my personal favorite character being Samus.

and god forbid you were like me, a hardy young lad destined for testosterone-pumped manhood who one day stumbled across a weird cartoon called Sailor Moon airing before school

marketing is restrained by gender, except that the marketing dudes put those limits on themselves in the first place; it is a bajillion dollar self fulfilling prophecy

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
s'gonna be Thanos again

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Desperado Bones posted:

Yeah, someone on twitter pointed out that both of them shouldn't feel any cold at all and they were just making excuses to cuddle.

I love it because the only thing funnier than them both trying to pull it on each other is them both falling for it

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

bentacos posted:

I'm gonna laugh if it's the investment banker bro from the first episode

far more than just an investment banker, they're actually... a power broker

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Azhais posted:

I think we can all agree that they should have gotten Bruce Campbell to play Banner

the transformation sequence alone would have been worth it

I'll be the weirdo to say I preferred Ruffalo's bitter Banner to Norton's broody Banner

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Boris Galerkin posted:

This finale was a huge disappointment for me because I don’t know who the gently caress Kang is suppose to be or why I should care.

they explained it

people are complaining about the episode because they sat there and explained it

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
a man with the cadence and enthusiasm of a children's TV show host sat us all down at his desk and explained, with puppets, half the plot points people have been absolutely bewildered about the last couple pages

"what are the consequences of all this" "who even is this guy anyway" you think the show needed FEWER words? If anything it needed sing-a-long portions and a recap episode

show's got a taste, like cilantro or convenience store hotdogs and I think you either hate it or it is your jam or you are trying too hard to "get it"

e: to be clear I'm saying it's one of those things to give people the benefit of the doubt, because Occam's Razor suggests goons are just real dumb

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
to be even clearer, I love Loki and convenience store hotdogs but not cilantro

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

DorianGravy posted:

It was okay. I don't really like the idea of multiverses in general, though. It diminishes characters' decisions if there are just a ton of other versions of them out there making different decisions.

Also, the timeline stuff continues to not make sense. If people don't have any free will, why do timeline branches even happen? And why do "new" timelines pop up in the past? Hasn't the past already been written in one particular way?

I like the aesthetics of the show as well as the characters, but the timeline stuff is just so fundamental to the plot that's it's difficult to overlook things that don't make sense. I think I would have preferred a show about Loki and Mobius in Doctor-Who-esque adventures through time. Not everything needs to be about the fate of the universe.

I mean you're asking questions about pretty much any multiverse theory based sci fi but one of what I assume are numerous answers is that quantum and/or cosmic particles may or may not cock about purely at random, or at least the closest thing to random we've ever seen. If you smoke two doobs and cliffnotes a bunch of wikipedia articles on string theory you start getting the idea that any of this random poo poo happening constantly can randomly affect all sorts of other things, from electronics to the human brain. poo poo man it can even help a speedrunner*, but if any of that poo poo operates outside of our basic idea of time or in six dimensions or whatever I ran out of space for tabs, then everything is being subtly influenced by random poo poo we never see or otherwise experience 100% of the time with entirely random timing and results. Time flows like a river but there's always something different in the water

*https://www.thegamer.com/how-ionizing-particle-outer-space-helped-super-mario-64-speedrunner-save-time/

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Klungar posted:

They did it to aggravate the people who made a fuss about this line, which made me laugh.

I don't believe this but I will admit that's what I thought of when I heard it

and I also can't think of why else they would include it, because jesus lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
seriously, imagine lusting for a throne your whole life only to discover the king has a king of his own, kings the king doesn't even know about, just kings all the way to the top

you wanted to be the top god, now you realize the word "god" means nothing and "top" is a moving goalpost, dude's not going to be as impulsive or brazen as he was if he's half as smart as he pretends to be. It's Loki on Asgard where he knows his poo poo, or on Earth or Sakaar where he's surrounded by backwoods bumpkins and clowns, versus Loki in a whole new paradigm way beyond his depth and just doing his best to swim up