Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
The MCU has embraced crazy comic book bullshit and I couldn't be happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

MiddleOne posted:

Can't decide if this was a genius decision or a dumb decision. Either way I love it. :allears:

I honestly believe Feige is the most competent man in the world so genius is always a safe bet.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

AngryBooch posted:

I'm friends with a person at one of the major special effects shops that works with Marvel all the time. I always ask which Marvel picture they're working on and have never gotten any response until the movie is out and then he's like "yeah I wish I had more time to work on deaging SLJ". It is incredibly serious business, like no cell phones in the office levels of serious.

I have a weird question. How does one get the job to make the fake CGI for trailer? Like is it a prestigious job? Is it like, "Johnson, I think you're ready to work on the fake Hulk."

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Since we're talking about problematic creators can I say how shocked I am Frank Miller isn't a Trump supporter?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

live with fruit posted:

This. It's not that she's sexually attracted to men and women, it's that she's in a relationship with the woman her ex named new leader of Asgard. Makes you wonder if Loki would've had a shot had he not tried to enslave Earth.

Then again, Thor dealing with Jane and Valkyrie in a relationship seems like something Waititi and Hemsworth would milk the poo poo out of.

I would be surprised to find a woman that doesn't want to gently caress Loki into a coma.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Edmund Lava posted:

It definitely fell victim to the pattern of the main series being okay at best but having amazing tie-ins. But the tie-ins were so good it was really stand out.

My fanboy dream would be to see the MCU go full Battleworld for a phase, but that’s not likely. Then again I never thought I’d see a big screen adaptation of Infinity Gauntlet so who knows.

I will kill and eat anyone that doesn't think original costume Blade teaming up with Howard the duck isn't the best thing ever.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Most likely prospect for the engineer is the skrull she made friends with as a kid.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Necrothatcher posted:

Yeah, but I can relate to someone having a grief-driven mental health crisis, I can't really relate to someone being manipulated by a magical supervillain

You've obviously never met my mother. HEY OH!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Until this episode I never really realized how traumatized Wanda is. She had to kill the love of her life to save the universe, then had him resurrected and killed in front of her.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I must be the only person in the world who can’t stand Dennings. I don’t think she’s funny at all and her line delivery is always real sitcom-y.

Rob Walker is not a fan either.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm kind of conflicted about Vision's fate. Bringing him back permanently would cheapen Wanda's arch but we've still haven't seen him do the Robot to Dancing Machine.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Spacebump posted:

Whoever has access to it could have edited the footage to be a propaganda film with only the best clips of heroes

I wonder if in the MCU, crazy alt right people believe the battle and Thanos were fake. They might claim the all female bit is clear proof. Tony Stark is at the heart of the conspiracy theory instead of Bill Gates. They could blame him for half the people disappearing.

In Squirrel Girl they had this guy that was a super hero truther that believed it was all faked.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Fingerless Gloves posted:

thanos clicks and everybody shrinks to half their size

I liked how the Comics dealt with it by having people merged. Then you get Moon Knight/Spider-Man.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

ghostwritingduck posted:

While hugely disruptive, halving the world population would bring it back to 1960’s level. The sudden disappearance of half the world population could shatter society, but they also bounced back from an alien invasion like it was nothing.

Ever nuclear power plant in the world would be sudden understaffed.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Why the gently caress is it so hard to believe they would change a characters alignment from the comics? They did it to the entire Skrull race. Also Holy Hell that song.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I swear I'm going to go back in time and strangle Buckley in his loving crib so I don't have to keep seeing the loss meme like 13 years after it's first appearance.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Dracula has basically been a Marvel villain for years, Blade and all, and has fought everyone from the X-Men to Luke Cage.

I've got a signed Clairmont X-Men issue that features Dracula. Also if the new Blade movie features him in his original costume it will be the greatest movie ever and I will kill and eat anyone that disagrees.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

live with fruit posted:

It's not a line, though. It's the reason why Jimmy, who is based out of San Francisco, found himself in New Jersey in time for Wanda's shenanigans. Especially if part of the point is setting Jimmy up for future movies/shows, it'd be strange for him to end the show without actually coming back to his original motivation.

How do you know Jimmy is still in San Francisco? Also, if you want to get super technical the FBI doesn't run the witness protection program. It's supervised by the US Marshals.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Gonz posted:

I'm currently blowing time playing the Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS5, since it was a free game this month on PS Plus. This is the first FF game i've played since III on the SNES.

It is a good game.

My first FF game was 13. My life is silly.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

tsob posted:

Wait...Apocalypse is a good guy now? I know Rogue got control of her powers a while back, so I assume she and Gambit are in an actual relationship now? Is Jubilee still depowered? Is Kitty Pryde still a pirate, for that matter?
Rogue and Gambit are married. Kitty was going to marry Colossus but got cold feet so they got married instead. People were pissed.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Anyone that isn't hyped for Mortal Kombat is an alien AI masquerading as a human.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Ultimates 2 was the bomb. Patriotic Hulk all the way.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Saddest Rhino posted:

he's a hot villain.

A morally gray character is a character that commits crimes but is hot.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
drat it. This is the one chance to learn how Vision's dick works.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

404notfound posted:

Did Bucky pick an apartment based on its proximity to Nakajima? Or is it just a happy coincidence that one of the people he needs to make amends to is one of his neighbors?

Well Bucky has killed a lot of people over 70 years.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Who was saying Sebastian Stan wasn't good looking? He's one of those people that's almost ridiculously good looking. You people are crazy.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Azhais posted:

The entire planet should be a catastrophe right now. Just imagine all the inheritance issues, etc

Not to mention you'd probably end up with burned down cities as suddenly there wasn't power maintenance, blipped ovens being left on, firefighters vanishing, etc. They really did a half assed job on the snap aftermath

Every nuclear power plant in the world would have suddenly been severely understaffed.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Thundercracker posted:

The amount of money in those bags is probably less than the predatory overcharge fees the bank charges in a day.

Do Swiss banks have overcharge fees?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I would like to point out that this is the first God damned episode.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Can we talk about how sick a Jimmy Woo and Darcy Lewis Agents of Atlas X-Files type series would be?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Iron Man is the reason I don't drink. I was 12 and reading a comic where Tony had a flash back about how his dad was an alcoholic too. I knew that my dad had drinking problems so it would be best if I don't drink. This is a major reason that I have such an emotional attachment to Iron Man.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Iron Man 3 is kind of depressing. It shows that Happy lost a lot of weight then put it all back on.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Doctor Nutt posted:

The Musk thing indeed taints the movie and is embarrassingly out of place having recently rewatched, but Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer means it cannot possibly be the worst Marvel movie.

Don't you mean Sam Rockwell as Dana Carvey as Justin Hammer?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah it's funny how people go "Ugh all these Marvel movies are the same" and also talk how bad Iron Man 3 is despite being Shane Black as all hell
"All Marvel movies are the same" infuriates me. Winter Soldier and Ragnarök are two wildly different films. Do these people go, "A protagonist overcoming challenges? This again? "

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Golden Bee posted:

Disney owns marvel. Marvel thinks they can make money with a show that addresses prejudice. That’s why any show is made.

For the sake of storytelling, we see how racism is a social issue that being one of the most famous, powerful people on earth doesn’t save you from. Comic book writers have been addressing this since the 60s, earlier if you consider that Superman was an allegory for the golem of Prague/the immigrant protector. Black Lightning has been on the air for 51 episodes, made by Warner Brothers.

I’m sorry if you find the show insincere because there isn’t a five minute sequence of Sam Wilson smashing Dumbo DVDs.

True Story. I didn't know the crows were racist caricatures till I was well into my 20's.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I think people are really underestimating how much influence Feige has. He's made them literally billions of dollars so they seem content to let him do whatever he wants. I don't think this image of the board of directors going over every script with a fine toothed comb is accurate.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
My typical American ignorance of geography had me confuse Latvia with Latveria so I was super hyped for a second. Also it's Clark Gregg's birthday today. It's a shame he got divorced from Jennifer Grey.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
If Sharon is the boat then who is Mephisto?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

tsob posted:

You mean people confusing two relatively minor characters with similar roles? I'm pretty sure that's a problem with media in general, and not just this one project.

My mom gets Ryan Renolds and Ben Afleck confused and I have trouble putting into words how angry that makes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

drat, Hiddleston is one charismatic mother fucker.