Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Didn't really want to bump the poor dead thread for the completed series but... re-watching Agents of SHIELD again and god drat did they get so many things right with that series. I hope that we eventually get to see it acknowledged within the extended continuity, at least as a splintered reality stream that 'occurred' within the context of the MCU as a whole once it goes multiversal. Even if just acknowledging that SHIELD still exists to defend Earth as Fury and SWORD or whatever go on their merry way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Oasx posted:

I re-watched it recently and the first season holds up even better than I remembered, I would actually say that I like it better than season four.

Noooooo WAY. I'm re-watching S4 now and it, flatly, has the best pacing (at least when binged, but I don't recall thinking ANY differently when seeing it live... 4 years ago. God drat) this show ever did. I'm just up to Robbie busting out of the containment module and beating the gently caress out of Mace in episode 6. It's surprising how well they were able to convey the sense that Mace was slimy and untrustworthy in a managerial way, and worthy of suspicion early on and all, but allowing for him to be entirely sincere once the whole story was told. A good guy and a hero in his own respect, as much as anyone could be without the privilege of powers in that universe.

A team that trusts one another triumphs together. :)

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 31, 2020

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

I should give AoS another go at some point. The last thing I saw was Simmons getting sucked into a rock, and that was it for that season.

That was the end of S2. They resolve that really quickly in S3 while allowing for the full story of her experience to be told and have an impact throughout.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
(Lokis fight scene) wtf am I watching and how is this so great and how did it happen whattt