Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Honestly I hope both Quicksilvers show up, especially since that fits in with sitcoms that recast characters including Bewitched which already has heavy influence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

I am thinking one or both of the kids are now in control, but before that someone is pulling the strings that set things in motion, they might not be in control of it all any more either OR still think they are in control but the kid/s are going to take them down. Just who it is, Agatha, Mephisto, Wolverine, who knows yet. Also 100% think that Monica already had powers from being exposed to something but this will turn them into super powers

Vanderdeath posted:

Fun fact: that dude is a local actor here in Atlanta and WandaVision is filmed here, so there's a non-0% chance that he might actually show up.

It was hilarious when I spotted him in Jumanji

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Doing a rewatch and the mailman is in the first episode and is literally the first person from the town we see (in the opening credits waving to the couple as they arrive), he's suddenly way more suspicious

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Mailman was identified (somewhere around where they were talking about cap marvel) as someone in the town. Could be a red herring?

I saw what looked like him on the board with an ID on the rewatch but there was no mention of it in dialogue. Darn cuz this throws off the cool theories even if I just had him as a guy who explained the rules for a higher power he was afraid of but wasn't involved in the actual control. That was the only new ID I saw on the board though...

radlum posted:

Yeah, now that you mention it, no theory about the couple in the ads has said anything about the children;.
Outside of the kids obviously not being their kids I've not seen much speculation with their existence but that points to them either being hostages or you can mind control them for just long enough to do a commercial. I think Agnes saying that you can't control them means she is somehow involved and knows that from experience even if she isn't in charge any more. I don't buy the theory that they are her parents because of the kids existing.

Comrade Fakename posted:

I am so glad I didn’t read this thread before I saw the last episode because the appearance of Evan Peters absolutely blew my mind and was one of the biggest surprises I’ve ever had in any media. I hollered like a YouTube “reacts” channel, and it’s not even my job to over-react to things,

Same, i specifically avoid reading as stuff about Marvels series/tv shows after the initial announcements and early trailers but hoped they'd do something like this as this is the best avenue to do it. I still hope the other Quicksilver appears (Next episodes is the 90s and one famous sitcom had a recasting) and we get some other cameos that blow minds, even if it is just other sitcom stars.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

What if Jimmy learned the magic trick so the FBI just assigned him all magic-related witnesses as a joke to deal with the trauma of the Snap?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

The true villain turns out to be that hangdog David-Schwimmer-with-a-mustache looking guy who's constantly eating poo poo in the first few episodes. There's only so much a bit player can take.

I hope he created this whole reality so he could get dumped on constantly as some sort of weird fetish

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Snooper's gonna snoop

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Was there an on-screen explanation for this?

Michelle was in New York running a fashion empire (aka a real life reference to the twins) and the characters would stare at the camera when they mentioned this or the Elizabeth & James clothing line. They talk directly to the camera about her in a Thanksgiving episode too. She never appeared in 5 seasons but they did call her voice mail while drunk and her voice wasn't heard. Can't remember any other references but I didn't watch the whole series just read summaries of a lot of it, so I don't know if they mention her in the triple wedding finale (some of the actors who played her friends on the original show are in that one) but by then Aunt Becky was also kicked off the show so lol. The producers/actors have some quotes that seem sort of rude in the press which was weird and probably burnt bridges beyond whatever else was going on, and even tried to get Elizabeth Olsen to play the part. Girl Meets World pulled off the superior sequel series.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

☆゚.*・。゚My theory!☆゚.*・。゚

White Vision is going to glitch out and Ultron is back, baby!

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

I don't think she's bad, but she's not good. She's sort of a chaotic neutral with good intentions that have bad consequences that she refuses to take responsibility for. Which might lead to some redemption when she goes to rescue her kids. Or she just dethrones Dr. Strange and takes over the magicverse The finale felt so rushed it's part of why everyone is disappointed, the other part is it feels so much like a typical Marvel movie that it just doesn't sit right after 8 episodes of cool creative stuff.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Lid posted:

What if the reasons for the racism storyline combined with Flagsmasher is that in this universe the head Flagsmasher is this universes proxy for Isiah Bradley/Josiah X and that they "hate" patriotism and America because of the abuses of the Weapon X project to need another Captain America to the detriment of black people and how they abused them/their father?

That's immediately where my mind went when i saw who the actress was. We know they are still doing the programs because they had it in Hulk, Banner was trying to make super soldier serum and Abomination was another graduate of the program. Would not be surprised if Ross is implied to know and not care about the experiments on black soldiers

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

FlamingLiberal posted:

the hook of US Agent showing up at the end was not really that big of a deal IMO.

To me, the hook was less US Agent and more the US screwing over yet another black man, with probably a legacy of discarded and broken black bodies that we will explore as the series progresses. The fact Rhodey is also in this seems more important due to that. I fully expect them to chicken out on doing this story full force because lol MCU, but it is a good set up, at least

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Sam has to teach Bucky how to break dance so they can win the local talent show and pay off the mortgage on the family house before the bank forecloses on it.

Also Bucky killed the dad of the rival family when he was Winter Soldier. And Hydra has a breakdancing team that is raising funds for a super tank to attack Atlanta. Uh oh, racist banker is a judge! And then Wanda and Vision appear as late entries into the contest...

Dammit now I want this so bad, this is like that rejected Picard show plot about the missing village bell...

Tars Tarkas fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 20, 2021

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

The amount of people angry that a guy who was one of the world's most wanted criminals for a few years then dead for 5 years doesn't have half a million dollars lying around to spend on a boat is hilarious.

As for The Vision, they've never addressed if he counts as a person or not, he could easily be a corporation called The Vision that has one board member on paper - Tony Stark or Pepper or whoever, and then Vision essentially runs it himself. But not being a wanted criminal with no asset seizure means doing odd jobs to make enough money to buy an empty lot in a small town in Jersey isn't that big of a stretch. Not sure how the property taxes were paid for the past five years so that better get addressed in Dr. Strange 2 or we riot

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Going to guess that Cap went back to the timeline he married his wife in so they could be buried together when he does die. Also 100% convinced that Cap changed history in that timeline for the better so all the Cap is married timelines are good timelines. And there is still the native Cap buried in the ice in that timeline that wakes up and now has an old man Cap mentor to help him adjust and understand that eventually Thanos is coming, with a non-winter soldier Bucky to help found the Avengers. This also leads open possibilities that the native Cap randomly returns to our timeline via time travel in emergencies for when they drive enough dump trucks full of money and offers to direct for Evans to return, and making him a bit older in the time jumps can easily explain away him not being in tip top shape.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

What if Sharon's Dad, Peggy Carter's brother(? nephew?), is the Power Broker, that's why she specifically mentioned he doesn't know where she is?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Power Broker sounds like someone who could also be useful in the Armor Wars series so maybe that thread won't get wrapped up in a neat little bow. But all my theories are always wrong so lol

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Old Steve is going to have to come down from the moon to yell at senators about how the shield was a gift from the Stark family and they interrupted his moon retirement watching his grandkids in his utopia alt reality with Uatu and the Inhumans

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Big Mean Jerk posted:

By that point Peggy was already high up in SHIELD, so I doubt it.

I don’t think she was ever a nurse in the MCU either.

Yeah though Sharon's fake cover was a nurse...and the Power Broker had Bradley's blood...

But that timeline is off too

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

What was in the box!
Hmmmm, no one has seen Pepper in a while...

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

My local AMC theater has a "pre-show" with Maria Menounos that lasts about 25 minutes and starts 10 minutes before the "official" start time of the movie. Combined with trailers, a movie starting at 6 pm will actually end up starting around 6:25.

I'm so used to going to the movies and now can't that I get nostalgic whenever Maria Menounos shows up on the gas pump tv

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Just bring out Killmonger's twin brother, Billmonger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

logger posted:

I think the reason for the lower viewership might be because of Obi-wan and Stranger Things.

I have been telling everyone I know that likes MCU stuff to watch Ms. Marvel and I have been getting responses like "Oh? I wanted to wait to watch it all at once, since I am currently watching something else." I don't get how they can't keep up with watching multiple shows. Network television does it all the time, but once you let people have access to it in their own time suddenly its "I got to watch this show first"

I will continue my attempts to get people to watch Disney+'s best show(and yes I do mean Ms. Marvel).

Just for shows I watch there is the best live action Trek since DS9, Ms. Marvel, Obi-Wan, Orville season 3 (I'm only halfway through season two), The Boys, and Mystery Science Theater 3000 all putting out new episodes. I have time to watch maybe two shows a week so I'm just not watching a lot. Ms. Marvel was the first marvel tv show my wife was interested in so we have been watching that one when the toddler naps