Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I think WandaVision is a meta commentary on mystery box shows, the kind that the internet likes to pick over, only with SWORD doing the analysis of the in-universe show. It was the whiteboard with all the theorycrafting on it that made it click for me, with them attempting to ascertain the meaning behind the hexagonal shapes during the title sequences, which is the kind of analysis you'd typically see in threads on here, reddit or whatever.

Don't really agree with people saying that the first three episodes should have been integrated into the mainline narrative. Broadcasting them free from the context of the greater MCU lets the episodes of the in-universe show stand on their own as a distinct work, it's why episode 4 ends up hitting so hard; it's an entirely different show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

And so the great X-Men merging begins.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Falcon and the Winter Soldier is descendent of the Russo Brother's MCU films so it makes sense that all the footage so far falls in line with that. Seeing it in a streaming/TV format will at the very least be kind of novel, even the best action-focused TV shows tend to look pretty rough compared their cinematic contemporaries, there seems to be a distinct lack of Generic Concrete Hallway for one.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 8, 2021

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Edmund Lava posted:

Hayward mentioned the feed went all static after the Hex expanded, unless he’s lying, which is also possible.

The feed switched to ATSC and they forgot to connect a digital tuner :science:

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I presumed the reason why they merged the TV and film divisions is largely because they wanted more control over the central MCU narrative. I'm not sure why they'd reduce crossovers, it's one of the most distinctive parts of the franchise and looking at the cast lists for upcoming MCU movies they certainly don't seem to be pulling back there.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It's kinda weird seeing everyone trying to compartmentalise her as one or the other. Wanda is both good and bad like literally every Marvel "hero"; Iron Man is a literal war criminal, Black Widow did a bunch of heinous poo poo (apparently), Magneto similarly treads the line. Flawed heroes have always been Marvel's thing.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

The title of the article is "‘WandaVision’ Failed to Deliver Things That Were Never Promised to Me". What do you think?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I, too, strongly feel for the residents of a fictional town in a comic book universe and feel that WandaVision, the documentary, should have better considered their point of view.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

ookiimarukochan posted:

The Mortal Kombat TV show probably cost a fair amount of money for the time, it was the first to be produced from start to end in 1080(i) - or 1125i as it was described at the time (MUSE counted all the lines that aren't displayed)
NHK cofunded it because they wanted content for their HD channel (which was broadcasting for ~4 hours a day due to lack of content)

Yeah and Inhumans was shot for IMAX. Didn't stop it looking like cheap poo poo.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Geo Fixer posted:

Worst mcu movie? Yeah. Worst comic book movie? Hell no! In the last decade alone we've had Green lantern, justice league (non snyder cut), ww84, ASM2, bloodshot, the hellboy reboot, RIPD, x-men apocalypse and dark phoenix, the wolverine, mib 3 and international, and worst of all Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice which could contend for one of the worst Hollywood botch jobs of all time. Thor 2 is citizen kane compared to some of that crap.

MIB3 was kinda alright, considerably better than the second one at least. The Wolverine had some great moments too, even if it suffered from a lovely ending.

Also whats the deal with people hating Iron Man 3? Are people still upset about the whole Mandarin thing?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It's one of the rare MCU movies that felt autuerish. It's a very Shane Black movie, right down to the Christmas setting.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

A missed opportunity that they decided not to make it a decapitation, it would have been poetic for Walker to pervert the shield's use into a literal guillotine.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I liked how the alien spaceship had Gamer Chairs.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Agents of Shield was a schlocky network TV show that punched way above it's weight. Massively ambitious, created by people wanting to shoot for the moon in spite of the limited budget and weird creative constraints.

Most of the Disney+ Marvel streaming shows have the vibe of sweatshop labor. No one making them seems to give a poo poo.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I had that on VHS, the version littered with obvious animation and dubbing errors.

The original show was cool, but even as a kid it was obviously many steps below DC's output in terms of quality. 97 fixes most of the problems it had, as far as I'm concerned its a better version of that show.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 24, 2024

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I started watching the first episode of X-Men '97 with the expectation that it was going to be some joke show, silly camp, but instead it sits aside Batman TAS among some of the best comic book adaptions ever made. Jesus christ.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Genosha has statues and murals of a mutant supremacist and is, in a very literal way, an ethnostate. It's not a completely thematically inappropriate choice, the most questionable part of it is giving Ace of Base money through royalties.