Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Are they going to do a Reverse House of M and have her wishing more people like her into existence, thus bringing X-Men into the MCU?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Obvious hint of the future. Rainbows are Visions. But only Illusions! It's time meet the Muppets, baby! Unified Disney Universe!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

muscles like this! posted:

Seeing as they don't have any mutant projects on the horizon I doubt Wandavision is going to be used to backdoor them into the MCU.

They held back the announcement of the Boba Fett show a week or so just so they could announce it at the end of Mando Season 2.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So I looked up SWORD on Wikipedia because I wasn’t sure what it’s deal was, and the part that references Wandavision is kinda spoilery so watch out. Sentient Weapon Observation Response Division. Is that what it always stands for?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

This is such a loaded question I don't even know where to begin.

Short answer? Kinda'. And not just on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The skip ahead at the end of Agents implies it's a Thing again with an Academy and a Space Force.

But also they've traveled through alternate universes so much and traveled through time that who knows where that's all happening.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Edmund Lava posted:

Shouldn’t have used the phrase “production notes” that’s my bad, just reading through some articles. This one talks about consulting Dick Van Dycke, some shooting techniques and practical effects. Fun note: Bethany was painted blue when he appeared as vision in B&W.

Hah I can imagine them looking at B&W footage of him painted red and then immediately incinerating it.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I hope they don’t just reset to ‘lol sitcom’ at the start of every episode. Stakes should rise sometimes.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Would have been funny if Natalie Portman was called in to the secretive government project set up to monitor and explore the shimmering anomaly.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Everyone posted:

And the director guy doesn't seem shifty to me - assuming that you mean he's a secret enemy or Mephisto or something. He seems like a smart, confident guy who is itching to prove what he and all his cool, awesome gadgets can do. Now that he has a named enemy Wanda he's going to break out his drones and nanotech and AI badass weapons to take her crazy rear end down save the town Westview.

To be fair ‘White guy who seems supportive of you and was a friend of your mother’ is like in the top three list of ‘People who will probably turn out to be an rear end in a top hat’

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Combat Pretzel posted:

I like both Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, but is it worth it to power through to the fourth episode, where actual things appear to happen? I'm in the middle of the first episode, and I'm like "what the gently caress am I watching?"

I’ve been telling people that you could probably just skip from episode 1 to 4. Maybe I’ll end up being very wrong though.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I feel like there would be a lot less complaints if that 4th episode had been instead edited into the first 3. I liked them but I watch a lot of old sitcoms on channels like MeTV and AntennaTV and can see where someone who isn't familiar with what they were parodying would wonder what the hell they were watching. The Bewitched intro in the second one especially is really cool. Coming from that point of view the fourth episode actually seemed really out of place for me, but it was needed. They should've been cutting between the sitcom world and what we saw in the fourth episode the entire time. Like someone said earlier it's probably the way it is because the first three were sent out to critics and they wanted to avoid too many spoilers in those but in my opinion that's a stupid reason, just make the show the best it can be without worrying about spoilers. I don't care about spoilers and the people who really do can avoid them.

They should have just aired episodes 1-3 in the first week. Would feel a lot more “complete” with it ending with the shift to wide screen and Monica getting punted.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

BrianWilly posted:

So when's someone gonna mention it's real weird that Wanda got preggers from a robot

Next week, Wanda and Vision just sit around making fun of old movies. So remember just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show, I should really just relax.”

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
The clowning is 1000x times more disturbing than the snappening.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Lid posted:

David Cross as Thanos.

“I just fingered myself”

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, she's the controller, or maybe more accruately, The Director.

An actor and director in the MCU? It can only be one person. He’s been there the whole time! Jon Favreau!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
It seems silly to drive a space truck at full speed toward a mysterious barrier.

Has she heard of the concept of "schooching forward a bit"?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Alchenar posted:

I think inner atonement is fine for Wanda, the problem is that we're basically at the end of the story and she's still barely conceded an inch that what she is doing is wrong.

This show has already had two episodes in one season that entirely consist of 'going back and explaining previous events'. I'm really enjoying the show on a week-by-week basis, but I have a strong suspicion that it won't stand up to re-watches at all. There's been a huge amount of treading water to get us to this reveal close to the end.

They seem to have that Netflix Marvel problem where they had their episode order and then had to justify it.

Like would we have lost much with:
Episodes 1-2 are sitcoms ending with Monica getting found out and punted
Episode 3 is Monica Flashback with "Fietro" reveal
Episode 4 Halloween while Vision explores and goes outside the Hex and finding out it was Agatha All Along
Episode 5 Agatha Explains it All

Maybe they'd need 40 minute episodes to make that work. It just seems silly since it's one of those shows where the viewer already knows the mystery and we have to watch the characters slowly unravel everything.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Wanda is Hot Blooded

Hayward is Cold as Ice

Vision was willing to sacrifice their love.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Invalid Validation posted:

It was to trick dumb nerds to thinking X-men were coming back. Good on them for making them disappointed.

In a world where people guessed Agatha Harkness in Episode 1, I'm glad people were making guesses and getting them wrong.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

fractalairduct posted:

Oh, absolutely. I was responding to the people saying things like "Bucky should buy the boat" or "someone will sink the boat" or whatever. That's missing the point, Sam has to make the decision for himself.

Eh, even Luke Skywalker needed someone to torch his family to give him a kick out the door.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Xachariah posted:

Speaking of extremis, whatever happened to AIM? They were just in that Iron Man movie and there hasn't been anything about them since, was kinda hoping to see MODOK in the MCU at some point.

Gonna be a Hulu show which I assume is canon? Everything is canon now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQkdIeUbvQ

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Doctor Nutt posted:

The Musk thing indeed taints the movie and is embarrassingly out of place having recently rewatched, but Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer means it cannot possibly be the worst Marvel movie.

I've only seen 2 once but all I remember is Rockwell dancing and arguing with Mickey Rourke about birds, and I'm like "why's everyone so down on it?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fPFm5io0vw

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Doctor Nutt posted:

God whatever they can do to get Sam Rockwell back for more Justin Hammer, they just need to do it. Could see him worked into a Damage Control show pretty easily. Were they still developing something like that or was it completely cancelled?

I feel like that got tossed in the same bin as "Bobbi and Hunter's Total Not Burn Notice".

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Loki should have new mundane legal problems every year. Like maybe he messes up his space taxes and has to go to the Space IRS and deal with a bunch of paperwork.

Also, forcing him to wear a cheap windbreaker is a better ironic punishment than trapping him in a cheesy sitcom.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So lately my mind's been imagining what it would be like if Will Farrell was Walker. I feel like the mood swings would work for him.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Her powerset is so goofy I think I’d struggle taking it seriously in live action

The Flash had a passable Elongated Man on a CW budget. But then again, the CW shows have always been silly from the start.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

twistedmentat posted:

He's not Happy based on Hail To The King short.

That would have been a heck of a twist.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Georgia Peach posted:

I guess this pretty much retroactively neutered the stakes for Endgame. It didn't matter how many possible futures Dr. Strange saw. I mean obviously they were going to beat Thanos because it's a movie, but now in-universe they were always going to win as well, they just didn't know it. I think that's right.

Isn’t that the whole point? Loki and Sylvie were pretty angry about it.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I liked how the previous episode title was "What if Heavy Handed Metaphor" and this was was just that Simpsons Halloween episode where Bart said "We had a story that was far too intense, so we just threw together something with zombies."

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like its like 90% based entirely on if Hayley Atwell feels like taking steroids or not.

Instead of using effects to make Tiny Steve, just flip the switch to reverse and make Big Peggy.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The original Ned Leeds in the comics becomes Hobgoblin and Baron Mordo's apprentice.

He also gets cloned, brainwashed, risen from the dead twice, possessed, and steals God's power to rewrite the origin of humanity and make himself the Deputy Ruler of Earth under Mordo (need to aim higher with your dreams Ned. You steal powers from God and rewrite history to make yourself the assistant manager?) because ~*comic plot lines*~

NWH Spoilers that makes his conversation with Tobyman more ominous.

Ned: Do YOU have a best friend, too?
T: :unsmith: I did. He died in my arms.... after he tried to kill me...
Ned: :yikes:

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

stev posted:

Ok just remove the cop from the group. (I'm glad they weren't all cops).

Didn’t the fire fighter make a habit of stealing peoples poo poo after putting out fires? “Sorry about your house. Grandma’s diamonds? Uh…. They must have burnt up!”

Seems like a real cool guy.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Yvonmukluk posted:

That was to get Jimmy (& thus Monica) involved, though. It didn't need to be anything else.

Remember when Monica said "I know an engineer who can help us," and then the showrunner had to make a public statement because people's brain's were exploding trying to figure out who it was?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

live with fruit posted:

Steve was the universe's greatest guy. Of course she was jazzed to see him.

He has The Galaxy’s rear end

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

stev posted:

I don't think he was depressed I think he wasn't acting good.

Have the people who said that Crisp Ratt can't act excited when directed to not watched Parks & Rec?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Hobo Clown posted:

I'm glad that they let Drax wear a jacket since it probably saved Bautista a couple hours in the makeup chair every day, and he could maybe eat a hamburger

I thought I read an interview where one of the reason he wanted to give up Drax is he wanted to just enjoy his 50's without worrying about looking alright shirtless all the time, so I bet that was part of it.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He was literally standing on the ground lol. The VFX is fine, but then it gets very stupid when you see that apparently it was powerful enough to put him in orbit

If every action in the MCU had an equal and opposite reaction, there wouldn’t be much left.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So what’s the Fury Timeline?

Gets Unblipped
(How much time passes here?)
Gets Talos to cover for him while he builds Sabre (a space station build on Skrull-tech?)
(More time passes?)
Fury goes missing from Sabre and is AWOL?
(even more time passes? Or does this just set him back up on Earth?)
Hill comes picks him up.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
This should have been the first episode. “After being framed for murder, Nick Fury must team up with Talos’s estranged daughter to protect the MacGuffin, while slowly untangling a conspiracy” seems like a good setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Soonmot posted:

I loving wish.

But real post: If streaming hadn't cratered, I would want Luis, the Do A Flip guy, and Madisynn all bumbling into misadventures while Wong and D'arcy try to keep them from getting eaten or space lasered.

EDIT: Gaia is the MCU's Forerunner.

Marvel Presents: Legends of Tomorrow.