Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

stev posted:

That confrontation at the end there was fantastic. Probably the best part of the series so far. Paul Bettany knocked it out of the park.

Also enjoying the confirmation that this version of Vision is in some way real and not an illusion. I don't care if it's a lazy retcon I want him back.

I think he's real too but still damaged somehow, like he's part robot, maybe that gets past the 'no bringing back the dead' but she cant fix his memories, just put the parts back together.

I thought Dr Strange was going to show up when the doorbell rang since his next movie is titled In the Multiverse of Madness and Wanda is in it, what a wild surprise. I wonder if they explore more about this Quicksilver's origins, more likely just stick to there's a Multiverse, it's real, and here's the lead in to the Dr Strange movie where some big bad is crossing over changing poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

BrianWilly posted:

Meanwhile, I highly doubt this is how they do mutants in the MCU. When they bring in mutants it's going to be proper mutants, children of the atom, genetic evolutionary species, blah blah yada yada. It's not gonna be "science/magic experiment gone wrong, all of them from a random town in New Jersey" like what seems to be happening with Monica. Like they're not gonna have Psylocke or Wolverine be from Westview, y'all.

I don't see mutants being majorly introduced right now either. Dr Strange 2 is concerned with the multiverse, next Spider Man rumored also multiverse, next Ant-man is called Quantumania maybe have multiverse in it too. I see this phase of movies ending with a big multiverse-threat showdown and a group of New Avengers and maybe Disney will use it to introduce mutants by the end but I would be surprised if they started now. This show is going to lead to Dr Strange 2 and it would be surprising if they went for more than that.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

thebardyspoon posted:

I feel like Walker might be done for the series tbh. The scene with Contessa and then the after credits scene screamed "this will be followed up on in another series" setup to me, unless she's going to try to set up some sort of "Walker redeems himself by saving the hostages from the flagsmashers" thing. It'd feel weird for the show to try and present him as a credible threat again one episode after we just saw him get thoroughly wrecked and now Sam will have his new suit + the shield as well.

I'm ready to be wrong tbh but just seems like the finale is going to be all on Sam and Bucky vs a bunch of super soldiers + batroc, an explanation of what's up with Sharon and then cleanup/setup for whatever they're going to do with this set of characters next. Torres showing up in costume feels like a super longshot to me, the name just feels like a fun reference for people and them potentially leaving themselves that as a future thing if Sam as Cap is huge and they want him to have a supporting cast for a solo movie.

I wonder how much from the marvel TV shows will make it to the movies, if anything at all. I don't expect Walker to be mentioned at all or anything beyond a cursory mention about Sam's struggle with taking up the Captain America mantle in a future Captain America movie, it's easy to go from Endgame to New Cap. Next Dr Strange movie should let us know how much of the TV show stuff will transfer to the cinematic universe, I wouldn't be surprised if Agatha isn't mentioned.