Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Starsfan posted:

yeah this is correct.

I will say that you picked the correct team in the 2013-14 panthers, but the wrong player :D

I am not sure I can name a single other player off those rosters. Brian Campbell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Oh my bad then. Even harder of a question.

That Panthers team had Ekblad lead them in scoring.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The Devils had a player lead them and it wasn't Elias or Palmieri? I doubt it was Hischier since he had a 52 point rookie season.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Nobody has any guesses at the lone 85-assist guy left or the 40-loss goalies?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fawning deference posted:

The Devils had a player lead them and it wasn't Elias or Palmieri? I doubt it was Hischier since he had a 52 point rookie season.

Was it Henrique again?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

ThinkTank posted:

I am not sure I can name a single other player off those rosters. Brian Campbell?

no Brian Campbell was 1 off the team lead that year.. and he only scored 37 points lol

It is a player who is reasonably well known and was a long term guy on Florida

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'd guess the Preds had it happen too.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

Was it Henrique again?

Oh gently caress Henrique. That's gotta be it, there's no one else.

Also Starsfan was the Panthers player Ekblad? I know he led them in scoring his rookie year.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

^^^nope! not Ekblad! he didn't hit the scene till the following year.

ThinkTank posted:

Was it Henrique again?

Henrique is a correct answer! I snuck him into the question lol, but he has some experience leading bad teams in scoring

1. 2013-14 Florida Panthers - Mystery Player - 38 points
T2. 2014-15 Arizona Coyotes - Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 43 points
T2. 2014-15 New Jersey Devils - Adam Henrique - 43 points
7. 2018-19 Arizona Coyotes - Clayton Keller - 47 Points

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Starsfan posted:

no Brian Campbell was 1 off the team lead that year.. and he only scored 37 points lol

It is a player who is reasonably well known and was a long term guy on Florida

Oh dear god I have no idea. Reasonably well known eliminates Jagr (and I think he showed up a few years later anyways). Brad Boyes? I think he played for them.

E: Jussi Jokinen?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Olli Jokinen?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

He was traded to Calgary in about 2010.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Nope I'm afraid all those Florida guesses are wrong :(

The guy is currently 28 years old, he lead the 2013-14 Panthers in scoring his rookie season.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Starsfan posted:

Nope I'm afraid all those Florida guesses are wrong :(

The guy is currently 28 years old, he lead the 2013-14 Panthers in scoring his rookie season.

So he was like 20 then? Does he still play for them? Was it Huberdeau?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Wtf who is this guy. Haha

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

So he was like 20 then? Does he still play for them? Was it Huberdeau?

It is not Huberdeau, and he does not currently play for the Panthers but he did for the vast majority of his (to date) career

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Wtf who is this guy. Haha

Yeah I'm stumped I was assuming it was some vet they signed for two years that just lead the team in scoring, got traded at the deadline and retired.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Also I could have sworn Ekblad led the team in scoring in his rookie year, was it a different season?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Starsfan posted:

It is not Huberdeau, and he does not currently play for the Panthers but he did for the vast majority of his (to date) career

David Booth doesn't work time wise because he was traded to Vancouver in 2011 and he's also not even close to 28. Is it a forward or a defenceman?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Was it Dadonov?

Edit: No he came in way later

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'm pretty sure there's a Red Wing on that list of sub-50 point seasons. Zetterberg?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Also I could have sworn Ekblad led the team in scoring in his rookie year, was it a different season?

Ekblad didn't show up until the following 2014-15 season, and he did not lead that team in scoring - that was Huberdeau who had been in the league a couple seasons by that point but had only scored 28 points in 2013-14. Our mystery player actually also out-scored Ekblad in 2014-15 :D

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Was it Dadonov?

Didn't he not join the team until like 2019? Or did he have an earlier appearance on the team before his stint in Russia. I am exposing my Florida Panthers ignorance here.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

tinstaach posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a Red Wing on that list of sub-50 point seasons. Zetterberg?

Zetterberg did have a 50 point season to lead the 2015-16 Red Wings, but that is just outside the cut! good guess :)

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

Didn't he not join the team until like 2019? Or did he have an earlier appearance on the team before his stint in Russia. I am exposing my Florida Panthers ignorance here.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Starsfan posted:

Ekblad didn't show up until the following 2014-15 season, and he did not lead that team in scoring - that was Huberdeau who had been in the league a couple seasons by that point but had only scored 28 points in 2013-14. Our mystery player actually also out-scored Ekblad in 2014-15 :D

Hint: 91 or 92 birth year?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

It was not Dadonov who had left for Russia after 2012

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Hint: 91 or 92 birth year?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Gotta be a guy on Nashville pre-Johansen/Forsberg too

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Starsfan posted:

Zetterberg did have a 50 point season to lead the 2015-16 Red Wings, but that is just outside the cut! good guess :)

oh my god I just looked it up, lmao

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I feel like they always had a guy score 62 points to lead the team, but that's a possibility. Did Weber ever lead the Preds?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Nope, much like Colorado the Predators have been surprisingly consistent at having decent scorers on their team.. which surprised me too cause of their reputaiton. Their lowest leading point scorer in that time frame was 56 points, and the rest of the seasons were all over 60.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
All these fools forgetting Tricky Nick Bjugstad will pay when he isn't injured.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Hmmm. Columbus might be possible. Thinkin

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Starsfan posted:

Nope, much like Colorado the Predators have been surprisingly consistent at having decent scorers on their team.. which surprised me too cause of their reputaiton. Their lowest leading point scorer in that time frame was 56 points, and the rest of the seasons were all over 60.

Yeah I'm assuming these teams have to be dog barf level garbage. A playoff contender will fluke into a 60pt leading scorer no matter how balanced they are.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Pungry posted:

Oh my god

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Pungry posted:

Lol holy poo poo was it Bjustad? He's a 92 birth year and played most of his career with the Panthers.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hahahah holy poo poo I thought he was like their 3rd line centre?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I am thinking of Columbus and Buffalo squads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

Hahahah holy poo poo I thought he was like their 3rd line centre?

So did I, I remember thinking "I really love this kid, he's gonna be great soon" not "wow he's their leading scorer"