Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Terry Sawchuk has to be one, he played for a ton of teams for short stints.

Unless it's another old guy, I'd guess Grant Fuhr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

fawning deference posted:

Since we have some people in the thread hanging, let's do a fun/maybe easy one.

Besides Gretzky/Lemieux/Orr, name the 14 players to hit 85 assists in a single season. This is more of a "let's see how fast this goes" than a hard one...

Yzerman, Coffey, Bourque, Kucherov, Thornton (with Cheechoo), Adam Oates (with Hull), Jagr, Ron Francis, Forsberg, Backstrom (with Ovechkin).

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

tinstaach posted:

I know Yzerman hit 100, because my favourite question to ask hockey people (that's too easy for this thread) is to name the player who's 14th on the single season points leaderboard, since 1-13 are all Gretzky/Lemieux.

Stevie did not hit 100. His best year was 65 goals and 90 assists.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Backstrom did not hit 85 assists, the others did. Thornton did twice, not just with Cheechoo. 5 left.

Pat LaFontaine (Mogilny), Trottier (Bossy), Doug Gilmour (in 1993)?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Gus Nyquist or Kronwall for Detroit?

Comedy answer: Red Wings legend Daniel Alfredsson

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Bob Rouse?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Melnyk truly is the modern Harold Ballard.

I don't know if it's my place to throw out a question or not, but if it is, name the ten Hockey Hall Of Famers to play with Steve Yzerman and/or Nicklas Lidstrom, but not win a Cup while playing for the Red Wings.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

mentholmoose posted:

Also another question since I'm not tired and have a snow day tomorrow:

Alex Ovechkin is one of the greatest goal scorers of all time but despite playing his entire career during the shootout era, 13 players have more career shootout goals than he does. Who are they?

Patel Datsyuk, Frans Nielsen, and Jussi Jokinen are my starter guesses. Nielsen gets mentioned for this during Wings games, and I remember Jokinen being very good.

Also, Kane, Toews, Crosby.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

mentholmoose posted:

All of these are correct.

Couple hints on the other seven:

One got an Olympic gig because of his prowess in the shootout.
One is best known as a member of the Coyotes.
Two of them played for the same team for eight years, but not a team known for its shootout success.
One is the best NHLer is his country's history.
One has been to the playoffs 13 of the last 14 seasons, played in 161 playoff games, and hasn't won a single Cup.
One was a journeyman forward who also scored forty goals once (which I didn't even know until I looked up his stats).

T.J. Oshie, Joe Pavelski, Anze Kopitar?

For the pair, is it a fun team, or a dull team?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

OK, so besides Ovie, four active players have had seasons with at least 350 shots on goal. Who are they?

I heard this during a game one time, Nathan MacKinnon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Parise?