Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Brooks Orpik seems like he should be an answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

fawning deference posted:

Besides big-time ice-time guy Ryan Suter, name the six other D to average 27 minutes or more of ice time in a single season who have never won a Norris Trophy. TOI became documented starting in the 1998-99 season, so all of these guys are from that point forward.

Ristolainen? I know he had absurd TOI numbers before Dahlin got to Buffalo.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

He did, but he was in the 26 range. Never hit 27.

Ah. Shea Weber? I don't think he's ever had a Norris IIRC but no idea on the TOI.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Here is a hard one - since being reminded of "he scored 40 goals?!" players like Brad Boyes and Jason Blake, the question:

Who is the only player in NHL history to have recorded one 50-goal season but to have never hit 30 goals in any other season?

My first guess was Cheechoo but I assume that wouldn't qualify as a hard one so I guess that isn't correct.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

This is a hard one.

Since the NHL began tracking time on ice in 1998-99, only four defensemen have had 50-point seasons despite playing less than 20 minutes per game. Name those four defenseman.

BONUS question: Name the defenseman who since has had the most points in a season averaging less than 19 minutes per game (he had 49).

HINTS:

1. Was quietly responsible for a very solid career as an offensive defenseman but easily forgettable. He is tied for the most points on this list with 56. He is also the only defenseman on this list not active.

2. His only 50-point season to date, he split the year with two teams as a trade deadline acquisition.

3. The most recent occurrence on the list, he is a current breakout player in the league.

4. Achieved when he was not a #1 pairing guy (not by virtue of his play but the team's depth chart), but now that he is on a different team he is something of a beast.

BONUS QUESTION: Avalanche fans should know this one.

Is #2 Kevin Shattenkirk?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Tyson Barrie?

Edit: Mike Green?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Ovechkin in 2010?

Theo Fleury? (Did he ever get 100 points?)

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 17, 2020

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Chris Higgins for the Montreal question? I know he had a couple of decent seasons in Montreal a while ago but that would be really stretching it.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

Here's an easy one, going off of my last question. I feel like it may be easier than the previous one.

There is 45 players who have hit 500+ goals in their career. Can you name the 8 who are not in the Hall of Fame?

Ovechkin, Bondra, Jagr, Marleau to start

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

For the bonus question: McDonagh and Maroon on TB.

Edit: also Coburn.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 25, 2020

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

OK, I have a question.

Name the 3 players since 2000 to score 8 or more short-handed goals in a season.

Bonus question: Name the only 2 players to hit 7 since 2010.

Grabner?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Eric Staal? Brent Burns?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Those are two more and I have no idea how you got Eric Staal.

Haha I remember seeing him on the SOG leaderboard when I’d look at Ovechkin’s SOG stats back in the day.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

No idea what year but my first instinct was one of those lovely Coyotes teams that snuck into the playoffs.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Only 3 players have ever scored 40 goals in their age 18 season. One of them is Wayne Gretzky, one of them is Dale Hawerchuk. Who's the other?

It’s not Crosby is it?

Edit: nope he was one goal short

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The list of active players with 30 points in a single playoff season are Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby, Nikita Kucherov, Brayden Point, Evgeny Kuznetsov, and...

who else?

Patrick Kane?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Zodijackylite posted:

Who is the only active NHL defenseman with 10+ career SHG?

Duncan Keith? Zdeno Chara?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Mike Bossy? I don't really know old dudes but he doesn't seem like a guy who PKed.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Vanek is not correct.

Stamkos, Tavares, and Toews are all correct! Now for the fourth one and all I have to say to you all is, good luck.

A hint that might help a lot: he was a Carolina Hurricane.

It wasn’t Alex Semin was it? I know he had a very good 12-13 year but I don’t think he was that good.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Brent Burns?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

He's a defenseman. He did do it four times though.

Whoops didn’t see you said forwards.

Brady Tkachuk?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Tyler Seguin maybe? Trying to think of guys who used to compete with Ovechkin with SOG leads

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Tom Wilson?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Henrik Lundqvist comes to mind immediately

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

As do Thornton and Marleau

How about Marc Edouard Vlasic? Brent Burns?

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 4, 2023

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I was thinking old Rangers so Marc Staal? Ryan Callahan didn’t win in Tampa did he?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Ryan Suter?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I assume you mean highest point totals with < 10 goals?

Thornton and Henrik Sedin come to mind as possibilities. Adam Oates too

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Michael Grabner feels like a correct answer though I'm not sure he ever hit 30 goals. Just remember him having like 10 shorthanded breakaway goals a year.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Brendan Smith

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Who are the eight defensemen to score 15 or more power play goals in a season?

Mike Green comes to mind immediately.

Going to also guess Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Going with Als MacInnis and Iafrate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Pretty sure Mike Sullivan is one of them