Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Twin Cinema posted:

Shanahan is definitely one.

My other guesses? Verbeek and Messier. Hmm, possibly Roenick?

Verbeek never cracked 50

Came close.

I think only Al Secord cracked 40 goals and 300 PIM

If he wasn't scoring he was fighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gary Leeman?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mind_Taker posted:

Ovechkin in 2010?

Theo Fleury? (Did he ever get 100 points?)

Theo cracked 100 pts the year he scored 50 goals

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Scott Glennie is correct! Taken 8th overall in 2009 his career went off the rails when he turned pro thanks to a few injuries and general lack of ability to play hockey. He managed just one game in 2011/12 and took a penalty. He is a player agent now, please enjoy this recent interview with him that is every bit as boring as you'd expect.

I would direct this question to Mennoknight, El Gallinero Gros or another Flames fan for a more fulsome answer.

I'm pretty sure they drafted Krahn out of laziness because he played for Calgary in the WHL. He played well the year they drafted him (2000) but I'm pretty sure it was because that Hitmen team was very good with some holdover talent from winning the WHL championship and just missing out on the Memorial cup. They won 58 games that year.

Krahn's numbers in junior after his draft year are mediocre, and mostly the same in the AHL.

Basically, it's the same decision making that infected a lot of their drafting in the 90's. I'd love to have someone as competent as Cliff Fletcher again. One devil's advocate bit is that the 2000 draft's 1stbround is loaded with busts.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 19, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't Tiger Williams crack 20 goals a few times? He's my guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Kariya and Selanne are correct! Selanne was drafted in 1988 but did not debut until the 92/93 season after the Calgary Flames signed him to an offer sheet (that the Jets of course matched). Selanne was known for his longevity too playing all the way up to 2013/14 aged 43.

Kariya began his career in 1994 and thanks to several high profile concussions saw his effectiveness drop until he retired in 2010. In 2017 he was inducted into the HHOF alongside long time teammate and friend Teemu Selanne.*

*I actually witnessed this entirely by accident. My brother, a friend and I went to the HHOF while they were visiting entirely unaware it was induction weekend. We got into a long line of people inside the hall of fame thinking it was some sort of temporary exhibit or something, only to be the final people admitted to their hall of fame induction and Q&A. It was cool.

TEEMU COULD HAVE BEEN A FLAME?!?!