Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I'm in to turbo steak!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

On the first day of Chirstmas, my true love gave to me

a partridge and a ##vote cckeane

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

If there's one theme that involves staying up overnight it should CERTAINLY be the christmas one

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Grandicap posted:

Ok, who of the not on the turbo was it?

I think the folks who weren't on the turbo are certainly *slightly* more suspicious, but also... it's amni. Everyone on that vote is savvy enough to know that he's going down d1 whether they're on the vote or not so why not try to get a little heat off. Sandwolf refusing to hammer in that spot, for example, i don't find weird at all (because if he were scum he'd likely see it's inevitable). By the same token, I don't think Idle Amalgam actually hammering does much to clear them.

basically i think the entire d1 is null as hell and starting day 2 specifically looking for people who weren't on the vote is lazy at best. and also we can let the votes fly a little bit since there's only one scum left

##vote Grandicap

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

I meant that "lunch amni day 1" is a pretty popular meme if not a full-on policy

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Grandicap posted:

It's your 3rd game, unless you are a re-reg why do you have an opinion on this?

I've followed a lot of games recently and I thought that was a common trend. But I guess that's not a thing? Your idea that I could have heard it in scum chat is a good point. We've got one scum down and I'm going to be a great scapegoat if the game gets to lylo, i don't mind taking the D2 hit and i'm VT. We can go into D3 with 5 alive (and potentially 6 if the doc hits) without any easy targets for scum to put suspicion on

##vote Spokes

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Spokes self-vote is just silly regardless of alignment.

My logic is that I blew my credibility acting on bad information and I'd rather any other townie be around later in the game since I'd be an easy target for scum

I'll ##unvote for now because I think there's more hunting to do but the days are short-ish and i'm happy to take the bullet today if it comes to it

Grandicap posted:

OK, for me the almost assuredly town list looks like this (TOWN CORE?)
Probably Town:
Keane

Solid read!

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

I’ll pull some specific examples tomorrow morning when I’m up, but the thing pinging me the most right now is Grandicap’s posting style. It feels like every post is overly intentionally “safe” and performatively logical and there’s nothing that would make him stick out. He made this weird half-accusation of quid D1 (but didn’t lay a vote) but backed off it really fast and turned around to start D2 thinking quid was fine without anything really happening to justify that. However, he did second vote on amni and didn’t pull off, so that seems towny but could also just be ruthless scum who’s confident winning by himself or didn’t feel like he could stop the train. It’s definitely more town than not tho.

Sandwolf I played with in my last game, he was scum and we got him in lylo, but he felt scummy to me the whole game. I’m not getting the same vibe I did then, now.

Hal and IA I need to reread for.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Hal pushed amni day 1 in a way that makes him look very clean, and the only thing giving me pause about feeling 100% town on him is that there’s no investigative roles so this might be a d1 bus that he plans to sit on the entire game. But that’s risky and weird and I don’t really buy it, I think Hal is town.

IA feels townish too. I feel like a scum would have leaned more into their d1 hammer of their partner and tried to get more town clout of it, but IA went the opposite way. The Sandwolf case feels flimsy to me, he made some weird posts day1 about the hammer but that’s all. I still feel the way I did last night, that the sand scum vibes just aren’t there. One thing about IA from my perspective, they’re the only other one that wasn’t on the Quid vote, meaning that if they ARE scum it was somehow 4 townies who voted to lunch another one with no scum help. I think it’s more likely one of the players on that vote was scum—Grandicap still #1 for me but I certainly think IA and Hal have done more for the town side than Sandwolf so if Sand is the lunch I don’t hate it. I’ll vote this afternoon, have some errands to run in the next couple hours.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Feels more like an uninspired gotcha attempt than a slip, but if it wasn't a slip then it's definitely an attempt to fabricate some evidence against Sandwolf and bolster a case that hinges on what's effectively a refusal to hammer a turbo.

I said in my last post that I thought IA's case on Sandwolf was flimsy and they responded by doubling down and trying to pull a better case out of thin air.

IA is at L-1 and i'm not going to immediately hammer, but i agree that it stinks and I don't feel nearly as good about IA being town anymore.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

No counterclaim. I’m thinking maybe Hal then? Hm

I'm having a tough time stomaching a Hal vote. I simply don't see him playing Day 1 like he did if Amni was his partner.

Like I said upthread, I really get the feeling that Hal is clear. IA is obviously clear, and I haven't seen Grandicap's name much so I wanted to explain my thought process on him a little more clearly here since it is mostly based on feeling.

D1 he got into it with Quid:

Grandicap posted:

It's like 20 minutes into d1, did you expect him to light the alignment beacon up to summon the aid of Gondor?

Grandicap posted:

No, I was saying of course he's unreadable. there hasn't been enough content for it to be otherwise.
You threw out this comment which is worthless because you felt like you needed to say something. Now the question becomes, how does that pertain to your alignment? I think it paints you as slightly scummy, trying to say a thing with null value to as not paint you in a corner. But it is a very small thing, not enough, even on d1 for a vote by itself. But I've got my eye on you now quid.

It's the classic "joke phase, but what if...?" No vote or anything, but he's doing exactly what he accuses quid of doing.

D2 he "forgot" Keane was dead, which is likely just a mistake but it could be scum misdirection or just lazy.

He also felt really solid that Sandwolf refusing to hammer was Townish, even putting Sandwolf in "Definitely Town" and that IA hammering was Scummy. Sure, this is a fair opinion, but it's worth rexamining now that we know IA is town.

It feels like Grand was setting up to lunch IA, and then on a town flip turn around and say "well it wasn't IA it must be Sand".

I'd really like to hear some more input on why it might be Hal, he seems rock-solid town to me.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Maybe I'm giving too much credit to Hal's D1 play (or I'm not suspecting Sandwolf enough) but I really think we're glazing over Grandi, who just popped up to try to move the vote to another target when IA was cleared and then dipped back out when suspicion was elsewhere.

I might just be sticking to my priors too long, but I haven't seen any information that's convincing me to be less suspicious of Grandi and it's weird to me that nobody else is mentioning him. Here's the series of posts from D2, where in the span of a few posts he goes from voting Sandwolf to saying he's townish to saying he's definitely town.

Grandicap posted:

Ok, who of the not on the turbo was it? I'm leaning Sandwolf.

Grandicap posted:

I disagree that you are a good choice Sandwolf. Not hammering there is townie AF, scum would have seen the writing on the wall.
IA is a legit choice.

Grandicap posted:

OK, for me the almost assuredly town list looks like this (TOWN CORE?)
Definitely Town:
Me
Steak
Sandwolf

We can rule out that they're scum partners, obviously, but the most generous possible interpretation I can find is that Grand publicly flip-flopped real quick on somebody without explaining why (steak pointed this out as well). My hunch is that Grand hasn't posted recently because he doesn't want to flip *back* and say he thinks sand is scum, but he also doesn't want to have to defend him, even though he looks like the much guiltier party between Sand and Hal. I think Grandi wants to hang back today, not commit to too much, and then go into Day 4 picking whoever's the easier target. I'm open to a case from Sand on Hal, I'm open to a case from IA on anybody, I'll listen to whatever. I'm not going to tunnel Grand at the expense of scumhunting elsewhere, especially with less than 24 hours left in the day, but I don't want him to skate by without (hopefully) giving a little more detail on his decisions.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Grandi I think your explanation is logical, it was just such a quick and substantial 180 from your initial read of Sandwolf as suspicious (a few posts earlier) that I was looking for more information on the thought that went into that. I also got the feeling you were actively avoiding the thread yesterday when Hal and Sandwolf were in opposition. Thats obviously not Hard Evidence but it definitely factors into you remaining at the top of my list

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Idle Amalgam posted:

Legitimate vote against amni by Hal that contributed to his dunking.

This is pretty much what I’ve put my whole Hal Town feeling on, so I’m glad someone else is seeing it as important lol

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm so spokes basically just gave up earlier when he self voted because he was deflated from losing his scum buddy so early?

I wish I had a clever explanation, but it really was just what it said in the post. I’m vanilla town and at that point I felt like I was going to be an endgame liability. I absolutely wouldn’t have done that as scum there, especially with the option to claim doc still on the table. After seeing the brag earlier in the thread about steak (I think) winning before losing his scum buddy day 2, hell yeah I would have played my heart out as scum after losing mine day 1.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Idle Amalgam posted:

The vote and unvote are an hour apart, but it's good acting if it's acting.

It was Hal basically saying “lmao don’t be a dummy” that got me to unvote, I didn’t plan on doing it immediately or after a set time or anything.

It’s between Sand (by process of elimination) and Grand for me and it seems to be between Sand and myself for everyone else, so hopefully we’re all right and we can just get the win here

##vote Sandwolf

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

It’s not lylo, so, if someone wants to hammer me that’s fine. I will not hammer myself.

Why has thread sorta uniformly accepted it’s not IA again? I feel like I’m forgetting something

Doc claim, no counter, open game

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Part of me says Grandi, because while I usually pick him out as scum if he is, he’s been playing a much more passive game here, in general. (Is he pushing for anyone at this point..?)

This is what I’m saying! He’s non-committal and “safe” but seldom actually ventures a theory or an argument. He’s been defending himself in a reasonable way when he DOES post, but he’s making sure that there’s never too much he has to defend and I think he’s done next to 0 actual hunting.

I know I’m not going to get people to vote Grand today but if I get NK’d (lmao) or lunched today I want him to stop getting a pass

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Hal? Spokes? The Ghost of CCKeane?

Here's where I am:

IA is clearly town.

I think Grandi is the scummiest player remaining, but outside of you, nobody else seems to see that.

I've had town vibes from you most of the game, but Hal's actions have been much more pro-town. I would much rather vote for Grandi than you in a vacuum but you're my top two and I think there's a realistic chance you're scum, so that's what's going into my vote. If it's not you, I'm 99% sure it's Grandi but I'd also put a good amount of time into analyzing Hal before I vote Grandi if you get confirmed town since you've been so persistent on Hal.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

It’s true, and part of me wants to follow the lylo logic of I haven’t been hammered and I know I’m not scum, I can’t imagine IA is scum, so spokes is scum? But I also know Hal and Grandi are not so careless
It's not lylo, tho. Grandi would put a massive target on himself hammering given his public reads of you -- Hal not so much, and if he were scum I think he could vote you without looking too suspicious.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Grandicap posted:

If I were scum I am painting myself into a hell of a corner. But you believe what you want friend.

Can you expand on what you mean here? If you're scum, you know for certain that Sandwolf is town--you repeatedly going on record saying that and then either "reluctantly" hammering as we approach deadline or letting the other three players do it seems like a great way to bolster your reputation for Reads.

If Sandwolf is the vote today and flips scum, you win (because you're town in this fantasy scenario). If he flips town, then you look great for being so hesitant about it. It feels like you've got the best of both worlds here; I don't see how you're painted into a corner at all. That feels like something scum would say to point out how they couldn't possibly be scum because then they wouldn't be doing the thing they're doing--it seems like half wifom and half pure BS.

But like I said, I might be misunderstanding and I'm open to hearing you explain more.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Interesting note... start of D2 grandi votes Sandwolf and says he looks the worst at the end of D1.

Later on D2 grandi says “Sandwolf looks town AF from the end of D1” and he wouldn’t vote him

There seems to be no mention of Sandwolf between those two takes

Yeah this is what I've said like 3 times lol

Grandi's entire explanation of it was

Grandicap posted:

I disagree that you are a good choice Sandwolf. Not hammering there is townie AF, scum would have seen the writing on the wall.

He then linked this post:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3951225&pagenumber=4&perpage=40#post510823513

as an "explanation". It stunk to me at the beginning and it stinks now.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

you should vote sandwolf instead imo

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

nope! lol

that's just the vibe i got from a couple recent games (pokemon, foxnews)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

GG all!

IA, were you lying about the order of your save attempts?