Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I tried to loving tell you about this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's incredible just how badly the Texans have buried themselves trying to be the Patriots without the two guys who actually made the Patriots work

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

General Dog posted:

This guy rules lol

It kinda does. The Texans have been a below average franchise devoid of any character for its entire life. At least now it gets to be known for a unique dysfunction usually seen less in pro sports and more in European history textbooks.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

dirty shrimp money posted:

It kinda does. The Texans have been a below average franchise devoid of any character for its entire life. At least now it gets to be known for a unique dysfunction usually seen less in pro sports and more in European history textbooks.

My friend let me tell you a story about a coach that went 1-31 and kept his job.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

dirty shrimp money posted:

I just wish it wasn't happening at the same time it's happening with the other Houston teams

This is a dire sports town right now

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I love the Texans lmfao

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Intruder posted:

I just wish it wasn't happening at the same time it's happening with the other Houston teams

Detroit South

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Detroit South

Detroit has a lot more success than Houston tbh

Although counting the Red Wings might be cheating since there's no NHL team in Houston

e: Cleveland south would be more accurate probably

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 17, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

he's like a televangelist scam artist.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

That's redundant.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Easterby is your classic religious huckster charlatan, and McNair is a gullible moron eating all this poo poo right up because it "feels right" and he speaks his faith or some bullshit

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This loving televangelist and failson owner have eroded my interest in a Texans to all time low - far lower than even the tail end of the Schaub era or the years before Watson but after Schaub. gently caress this team until Easterby is gone - I cannot muster the energy to care otherwise.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Intruder posted:

Astros cheating scandal continues to haunt them
Rockets Harden trade
Texans infected by Christianity

Any other teams/incidents?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Apparently zero shot Miami gets Watson because why not so gently caress where does he go

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Apparently zero shot Miami gets Watson

https://phinphanatic.com/2021/01/14/deshaun-watson-will-not-be-a-miami-dolphins-quarterback-next-season/ If Dolphins fans' reasoning for why there's no chance they get him is really "cap is definitely real (ignore how it hasn't stopped the Saints for the last decade)" and "they gave Tua a pinky promise", :lmao: there's absolutely a chance they get him

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Apparently zero shot Miami gets Watson because why not so gently caress where does he go

He would instantly be a god in Carolina

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trade him to the Patriots, I want to watch the league all burn to the ground

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

file this one away as a really good "billionaires are super dumb" example

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Astros cheating scandal continues to haunt them
Rockets Harden trade
Texans infected by Christianity

Any other teams/incidents?

Harden's one of the owners of the Houston Dash, that's about all I can think of

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kirios posted:

This loving televangelist and failson owner have eroded my interest in a Texans to all time low - far lower than even the tail end of the Schaub era or the years before Watson but after Schaub. gently caress this team until Easterby is gone - I cannot muster the energy to care otherwise.
Schaub getting kicked in the dick cursed the franchise forever

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Carolina would obviously be the dream but I just don't think the Panthers have the pieces.

Like first rounders sure whatever, but they'd have to move Bridgewater in the process and I'm not sure if that makes Watson more or less expensive.

I wouldn't be sad if they parted with CMC.

I'd be more concerned with protecting Moore, Moton, Brown, Burns, and Chinn. They would be the only real untouchables from my perspective.

edit* holy poo poo. HOLY poo poo

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Make it happen JD.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1350608411206017024

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
It sounds like Watson doesn't want a white coach lmao

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nodoze posted:

It sounds like Watson doesn't want a white coach lmao

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
https://twitter.com/mcclain_on_nfl/status/1350844289207697410?s=21

later deshaun. have fun in chicago or wherever

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hahah Deal with it hahahaha absolutely magnificent

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

To be fair, Bieniemy has some serious character flags in his past conduct. But not even bothering to interview Saleh, who would at least bring one of Shanahan's guys with him to run the offense, is criminal.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
There's really only one solution here: I will run the Texans. I will be positive but fair, and my focus will be on a winning culture coupled with sound, modern football tactics.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

nikosoft posted:

To be fair, Bieniemy has some serious character flags in his past conduct. But not even bothering to interview Saleh, who would at least bring one of Shanahan's guys with him to run the offense, is criminal.

Is it really character concerns when he's been clean for 20 years? Like the PR fallout would be real but he seems to have his poo poo together and be way more legit than the rocket scientist. Eric faced consequences for his poo poo to unlike beardo. Seems like a way easier situation to handle from a PR prospective

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is it really character concerns when he's been clean for 20 years? Like the PR fallout would be real but he seems to have his poo poo together and be way more legit than the rocket scientist. Eric faced consequences for his poo poo to unlike beardo. Seems like a way easier situation to handle from a PR prospective

As the owner/GM/chaplain of the Texans, I would certainly interview him and weigh that against any potential PR issues, especially since my star QB expressed an interest in him and I want to keep that QB happy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

JJ is out too it seems like.

https://twitter.com/LopezOnSports/status/1350568072474669062

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
If you would like a more obscure reference to make here, to appear well-read but incomprehensible to your friends, I recommend Molière’s Tartuffe.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Assumed this was the case the moment it came out he apologized to Deshaun for his time being wasted

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Kind of a bad look that they are respecting his wishes tho

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I tried to loving tell you about this guy.

On that note...

November 18, 2018:

YOU DON'T KNOW JACK - The most influential Patriot you've never heard of

quote:

What comes to mind when you hear the name Jack Easterby?

You'd be forgiven if "Jack Who…?" is the first thing, because even the most ardent Patriots fan might not recognize him.

Pose that same question to anyone directly involved with Patriots football operations and you'll render them momentarily speechless as well, though not because they're unfamiliar with him. Quite the opposite, actually. They know Jack so well and he means so much to them – does so much for them – that they know not where to begin.

Right away, faces light up. Moods soften. Any tension or formality quickly evaporates at the mention of Jack Easterby.

"He's one of the most genuine people I've ever met. He's been a great friend to me," center and co-captain David Andrews proclaims.

"There are so many amazing things about Jack," declares tight end Jacob Hollister.

"He's just energetic… Always smiling, always in a good mood," says wide receiver Chris Hogan, "always asking how you're doing, how's the family, other stuff outside of football. He just cares a lot about the guys in here."

quote:

"For so long," Slater reveals, "many of us around here prayed for someone like Jack that would be able to come alongside and encourage us in many different ways, especially spiritually. I think he was the perfect man for the job. He's just been such an encouragement."

quote:

It is this authenticity that draws players instantly to Easterby.

"Right away," Allen asserts. "I think there are certain people we come across in life that have that effect on people. You know this is a genuine person that you're talking to and you're not getting filler."

"Kind of like I'd known him forever," is how Hogan describes his initial encounter with Easterby. "That's the vibe he gives off. He's such a friendly person. He goes above and beyond to take care of the guys."

quote:

"There was a lot of pressure, anxiety, stress due to competition, different environment, lifestyle, I mean, just about everything under the sun," Allen confesses. "The way he was able to put the pieces together and give me some insight on how to perceive some of that stuff and encouraging me to do the same things that I'm doing to keep my personal family together and on good terms, there was a lot that he could bring to the table. It was very useful to have a resource like Jack to go and talk to."

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

"what's our messaging on this?"
"well, our franchise qb and our beloved defensive end who are both in the top 3 of our franchise's history in terms of what they've contributed and how beloved they are really don't like having this guy around, and they think you're ignoring their concerns because this guy has too much sway over your opinion. overall everyone's confidence in your ability to run this team and make hires to set the franchise up to be successful is rapidly evaporating for a guy with no football experience whom most of the players feel neutrally or negatively towards and whom coaches and gms who are not named nick caserio are going to be incredibly wary of working with. also constantly waffling on this coaching hire is drawing out this process and magnifying scrutiny on this incredibly bad situation."
[mcnair scrolling through 2013 memes on his phone] "i got it!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1350873520318898176?s=19
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1350877652291383300?s=19

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 17, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hahahahah

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1350878516418670601?s=21

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013