Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Honey loving owns. Bees and some other things make this poo poo. It doesn't go bad.

Fifteen millilitres (1 US tablespoon) of honey provides around 190 kilojoules (46 kilocalories) of food energy, mother FUCKER, to quote wikipedia.

It is sweet and tastes good. I like to sometimes make peanut butter and honey sandwiches for my nieces and nephews. Sometimes I make fried chicken and put honey on it. It's good in tea and good on waffles, pancakes, and many other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockear
Oct 3, 2004

Slippery Tilde
it's good

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Honey is cool, mead is really good and that's a form of honey.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Actual high abv, aged mead is v good. I recommend making your own from local honey from bees on fruit trees, it makes an excellent mead. Apple blossom honey is my favourite but it's very regional!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i completely forgot about mead, drat. its hard to find around here. what's the max abv you can get with mead

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
1000%

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i completely forgot about mead, drat. its hard to find around here. what's the max abv you can get with mead

Depends on the yeast and how lovely you don't mind it tasting

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Honey will cure your poo poo. Got a cut on your finger? Stick it in the honeypot, back to normal in no time. Got a paper cut on your dilz? (no don't ask how.) Stick yo dick in the honey, smooth as silk the next day

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Honey also works wonders on burns iirc.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

crossposting from PYF

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bees are the canaries in the coal mine

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

I just stold honey from the bees for the last time this year, like 60 lbs. Not all of it though, gotta leave enough to get those fuckers through the winter so I can steal more next year.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
One cool thing about honey is that pretty much everyone eats it at least occasionally so when you're having an argument with a picky eater who doesn't want to even try something weird/exotic, you can remind them that they eat insect barf. They'll get instantly owned and will have to try the new food.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
Out of all the kinds of insect barf the bee kind is the least bad I guess

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Try grinding up regular old aspirin and mixing it with honey to make face scrub.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I think I'll put some honey on my breakfast toast today

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

is Rick Moranis coming out of retirement for this

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
And it saves you money, hi, this is a sponsored post. but even if it wasn't I would tell you to get honey, I personally use honey...

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Turdo posted:

I just stold honey from the bees for the last time this year, like 60 lbs. Not all of it though, gotta leave enough to get those fuckers through the winter so I can steal more next year.

hell yeah

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
In Minorty Report Max of Sydow sorta reveals his bad guy status when he says he doesn't like honey

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

bees are cool

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
rekt

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I caught a wild swarm with my gf this summer, the first tike either of us had done that. It’s pretty fun scooping up piles of bees with your hands.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
If you like honey you owe it to yourself to buy some Pitcairn Island honey. It's incredible http://www.pitcairn.pn/shop/

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

sure, what is it you want to talk about schnookums?

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
can anyone confirm the thing about honey that if you eat honey made from the local flowers you get less severe hay fever in summer. i tried it when i was in france last year but can't say if it worked or the pollen count just went down on its own

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

can anyone confirm the thing about honey that if you eat honey made from the local flowers you get less severe hay fever in summer. i tried it when i was in france last year but can't say if it worked or the pollen count just went down on its own

it doesn't work it's propaganda from big honey

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Oh but when I attempt to sell my spit mixed with pollen facebook bans me

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Honey is bee poo poo, true/false?

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Hot honey is true nirvana, I'll tell you what

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Don't microwave it. Let it gently soothe in warm water.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Icochet posted:

Honey is bee poo poo, true/false?

It's their vomit actually

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I've heard of people coming up on the 20% range with modern lab super yeasts but typically 14-15% is where conventional yeast tends to get too tanked and passes out

More abv means more time for it to not taste like hot paint thinner tho, I find 12% to be the sweet spot for being very drinkable after a year, and the flavour just keeps getting better after that. I can never get them to last longer than 2 years tho, I always drink it all. It's super easy to make and I missed making my yearly batch because of covid and my being in my final year of my engineering program which I'm pretty upset about.

All this mead talk has me tempted to go and crack one of the bottles I have earmarked for this christmas, made an amazing smelling apple blossom and wildflower honey mead last year coming ready any time now

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Also I've never had an actual legit commercial mead lol, I don't know that anyone actually makes any around here that isn't a stupid gimmick drink

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
please don't call the divorce lawyer honey, we still have three more counselling sessions left

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

for a very long time i had trouble understanding the difference between honey and maple syrup

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Riptor posted:

If you like honey you owe it to yourself to buy some Pitcairn Island honey. It's incredible http://www.pitcairn.pn/shop/

If I buy this what are the chances I'll be financially supporting a child rapist? round to the nearest tenths please

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Vegetable posted:

for a very long time i had trouble understanding the difference between honey and maple syrup

What

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

I don't want to see any of that bullshit in this thread about how your body metabolises honey exactly the same as sugar, or syrup, or corn, or any other garbage artificial sweetener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

They're from Canada, where the maple industry has successfully banned honey on a national level. They have only ever known maple.