Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

yea ok posted:

i legitimately have no idea what word that is. thank you once again for all you do

Think of Gangrel but replace the first two letters. Didn't know this was an insult, but if this thread (and the discourse about the Madi - Belair twitter stuff) has taught me anything, it's that I should never be surprised that racists and other assholes have somehow misappropriated yet another previously harmless word as a very offensive insult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

collocation posted:

That said, since I'm on the subject to some extent, Prince Nana made Angelina Luv get on her hands and knees so that Jimmy Rave could step on her back to enter the ring both nights, and that was rather awkward.

Just wait until you have to see that on every single show that the Embassy is on, just with different women in the role of Jimmy Rave's 'ring steps', that stuff is gonna last a while.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

collocation posted:

Out of the feds that I'm watching/rewatching, 2005 ROH seems to be the one that least frequently has stuff appropriate for this thread.

Just wait, later that year AJ Styles is back for a few matches and, well, you know which word will soon be heard a lot again. Probably not as often as during his first appearances, but still, it's AJ.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

On the topic of quotes from the B&V show, if you plan to also include their TNA reviews, I recommend just getting a clicker to use every time they (and Vinny specifically) call anything TNA did the hard-R-word. Because boy, did they love to use that word and variations of it. Heck, they probably said that word more often than all of Excalibur's words combined.

bloodysabbath posted:

I love ex on commentary but considering TNT is vetoing the Briscoes over their twitter history while he has a long and storied broadcast marathon of bile, he really is very lucky. That or the mask is actually like Melisandre’s choker in Game of Thrones because he sold his soul to a demon to escape unscathed.

Or maybe the veto story is complete BS. Given how massive WarnerMedia is and how many shows, streams, and whatnot they own and air, there's no way they don't currently employ any actors or talk hosts that used as many insults did, or as recently as Jay Briscoe did.