Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

Just found this thread! I've been following the America's Cup since I'm in NZ, hoping to go out to see the boats race next weekend.

Good news: team UK seem to have fixed their issues and are now 4-0 in the Prada Cup :britain:

Bad news: holy poo poo that American Magic crash!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

Humbug posted:

From the interviews I've heard, I suspect they have given up on catching INEOS in the group stage, and are focusing on getting Patriot ready for the semi final. I'm not sure if they can legally forfeit all the remaining group stage races.

The schedule's been altered so it's just one race between Ineos and Luna Rossa on both Saturday and Sunday.

Though, if Ineos wins on Saturday, they'd win the round robin; would they still run the race on Sunday in this case?

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

Aw, the band-aids are a nice touch!

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

Congrats to Luna Rossa! I'm looking forward to the finals, hopefully it'll be a little more competitive than the semifinals.

We went out to the beach to watch the races today, here's some photos! They look a little out of focus due to the heat haze, but it was still cool to see them flying across the water.

Even without commentary it was easy to tell that race 4 wasn't close.

Lots of action on the water! AC75s, party boats, helicopters, jet skis ...

Zoomed out to show how far they were from the beach.

The Italian team standing on their boat after winning.

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

I was hoping for a UK/NZ final, but Luna Rossa definitely earned their spot. Cheering on Team NZ, sorry Europeans! :nz: