Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Allen is just so loving sus in all of this.

You read about the circumstantial evidence on him and you’re just like, how is that not the loving guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
What if we just made community colleges into prisons? Like, you decide you wanna take a creative writing course, get registered for Mr. Grayson's MWF 7 PM lecture, and when you walk in on your first day- BAM! Maximum security prison!

Think of all the serial killings we'd solve!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
holy loving poo poo https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1337983844180512768

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Please don't praise Ted Cruz doing a bit

I was reading Wikipedia after hearing this news and the black dahlia killers likely son reckons his dad did that murder, the Chicago lipstick murders and maybe a bunch more including the zodiac killings

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Killins bad mkay

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Chinatown posted:

Kodiac Ziller

Good username for an Alaskan realtor.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Turns out the Zodiac was a Bitch.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The zodiac killer came to my house and we played Mario kart and had apple slices!!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

The zodiac killer came to my house and we played Mario kart and had apple slices!!!

And then he left your house and came to my house and did the same thing! I'm pissed off!!!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Amazed it took this long, and that there are more to solve. I woulda thought with the legions of obsessives and modern tech, any homebrew cipher would have gotten cracked if it was possible to. Like, a wacko with an a 50s army manual on ciphers can dupe the best cryptographers for over half a century.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Halloween Liker posted:

Do you think he couldn't spell, or is it intentional, do the spelling mistakes make the code more difficult to crack?

People misspell words sometimes, I'd guess it was just an error. But who knows.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
He put all his intelligence into not getting caught

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Jeza posted:

Amazed it took this long, and that there are more to solve. I woulda thought with the legions of obsessives and modern tech, any homebrew cipher would have gotten cracked if it was possible to. Like, a wacko with an a 50s army manual on ciphers can dupe the best cryptographers for over half a century.

Technological advances aren't really linear, one time cryptopads reign supreme until some nerd trains up a quantum computer or something

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Julius CSAR posted:

Allen is just so loving sus in all of this.

You read about the circumstantial evidence on him and you’re just like, how is that not the loving guy.
The crazy thing is there are a number of people with tons of circumstantial evidence against them in this case. More than in many cases that do get solved.

Jose posted:

I was reading Wikipedia after hearing this news and the black dahlia killers likely son reckons his dad did that murder, the Chicago lipstick murders and maybe a bunch more including the zodiac killings
I think that was to sell his second book. If it were him he'd be in his mid-late sixties at that point iirc.

A classmate of the first couple murdered claimed he did it on his deathbed.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 14, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't think a guy in his 60s would have much trouble murdering a 6 year old. might be unrelated murders in the chicago case though

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

"this guy was obviously very intelligent" -noted brain geniuses The Cops

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jose posted:

i don't think a guy in his 60s would have much trouble murdering a 6 year old. might be unrelated murders in the chicago case though

Why would someone do that?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Chinatown posted:

Kodiac Ziller

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jeza posted:

Its much easier to encypt something so it can never be solved than it is to make a difficult, but solvable, cipher

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

There goes another mod

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

CPL593H posted:

Got to hidester.com and paste the link in there. That always gets me around the paywall on news sites.

Post the link where exactly? All I see is them selling their VPN service.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

CPL593H posted:

Got to hidester.com and paste the link in there. That always gets me around the paywall on news sites.

That's how the Zodiac hid. He went to hidester.com

And you endorse this?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
do you think the zodiac killer was like giggling to himself waiting for it to be solved and after a couples weeks he was like "what. is the friggen. hold up?" and went and double checked and realized he hosed up and was like "drat it! poo poo! gently caress. how am I gonna- god drat it. ah, boy, you really blew it on that one, gary, jeez louise."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Cubone posted:

do you think the zodiac killer was like giggling to himself waiting for it to be solved and after a couples weeks he was like "what. is the friggen. hold up?" and went and double checked and realized he hosed up and was like "drat it! poo poo! gently caress. how am I gonna- god drat it. ah, boy, you really blew it on that one, gary, jeez louise."

and then was so embarrassed just dropped the whole thing.