Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

So what's everyone doing for crimbo holibobs?

Probably self isolating with lots of alcohol. Pretty much doing what ive been doing most of the year, this time with fairy lights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Good lad that Are Maxxie. Well deserved season finale.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

track day bro! posted:

Serious question, how many of you actually watched the races live thisyear anyway

With channel 4 still providing a quality service and Sky charging through the nose for PPV, none except the one C4 broadcast live.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

spaceblancmange posted:

This is what the op should be

I like this post

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Is that supposed to be George Russell?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Look at Lewis's eyes when he hears Alonso's car. I know how he feels, I remember that sound at Silverstone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpulR1SJGgM

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

I'm going to my British friend's place for dinner tonight. We are having a Shepherds Pie. Thanks for reading.

I bet its a cottage pie made with mince beef rather than minced lamb which would befit a Shepard's pie

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

Captain Tom Moore won a special award for zimmer framing round his garden for the NHS.

Not to be pedantic, but its Major Tom

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I disapprove so many are wasting energy on this Meatzipan guy. What will be will be.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
News years honest list, thought this may be relevant in this great thread

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I quite like rice pudding with a skin of nutmeg on top as it cools

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

poty posted:

"Lewis won 2016"

gently caress this poo poo, Are Rossie did a Stella job that year and mentally broke Hamilton. What more could he do to mentally break Hamilton more? loving retire, it was glorious.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hair Today Gone Tomorrow, an interesting look into Sebs final days at Ferrari

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Theophany posted:

Like, I've been biting my tongue on his for the last day or so, but gently caress it, it's worth eating a sixer/30-dayer or more for.

lol at not having the testicular fortitude to double down on your lovely "bald = bad" narrative and gently caress off with that false 'rich bald white man' poo poo you loving coward.

Going bald is not fun, it eats away at your confidence. It sucks. It's a fact of life, but it sucks. Making it a 'rich white guy' problem is extremely regressive and you can get hosed for that.

Does someone want a hug?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Azza Bamboo posted:

I can see myself in seb.

Fnaarrrrrr fnaaarrrrrrr!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ethanol posted:

F1 going for 100% herd immunity... impressive

More like hair immunity

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

bgreman posted:

What does the fan DO?

Be the best

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
George Russel in a Mercedes provided more excitement and entertainment then Their Lewis ever did.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

FAUXTON posted:

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1358732335261376516?s=19

lewis becoming mercedes team principal in a shared role with toto

that was seriously pretentious

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

FAUXTON posted:

pretentious poo poo in f1 well i certainly have loving never

Never change SA

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Actually he doesn't, only your idiotic opinion does

Zeta Acosta posted:

vettel is an old bald loser, of course he is going to sell his ferraris and start driving asston martins

This is of course no bad thing

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 18, 2021

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

net work error posted:

The sound of championships

Jesus these hybrids sound complete rear end

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

And I do not expect Team Stroll to pull off a green car anywhere near as well as the early 2000s Jaguars

Phwoar

I have to admit, jaguar were my guilty pleasure

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

TBH Hill and Villeneuve were probably the worst two WDCs of the modern era. Hill was a bottler and a mentally weak athlete. Villeneuve was bad at everything. They won their WDCs due to a combination of Newey genius, supreme Renault power at the time, Schumacher’s teething problems at Ferrari and the sheer incompetence of the rest of the field.

Hill was pretty entertaining to watch, and came at a time when the UK didn't really have a competitive racer since Mansell left, which is one reason he became quite popular in the UK (and Japan). He was also able to pull out pretty impressive qualifying times out of loving no where often leaving his team mate scratching his head.

your friend wicka posted:

The way Newey tells it in his book is that they actually agreed to treat him more like a partner and keep him in the loop on major decisions and then they almost immediately turned around and fired Hill without telling him.

Williams liked to do that with all their champions as they were of the opinion it was the car not the driver that won championships, which made their treatment of Newey seem even more bizarre

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 24, 2021

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

tuo posted:

I also sometimes use cast iron pans, and no longer use the air fryer I once bought, and have a cheap-rear end rice cooker which works very well. Just to reduce chatter.

e: I fill my tyres with air

Yep, ah hah, yep, agreed

tuo posted:

ee: Max sucks

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Remember when Perez was with McLaren and somebody hosed up and flew a Mexican flag with a weed leaf on it for the Mexican GP?

Was that the year of the first Mexican GP in like decades? If so that was the most amazing spectacle I had ever seen, even down to the self racist national anthem parody, the whole weekend loving owned.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

your friend wicka posted:

Writing CROWDSTRIKE on the side of a Mercedes remains the funniest thing anyone has ever done in motorsport

Is that the Aston Martin Vantage? That is a sexy car. I love Aston Martins, so I guess they will be my guilty pleasure this year.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

WTF

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Also love how they ironically kept trying to green screen that poo poo out

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Murray was a godam legend. My childhood F1 was listening to him and James Hunt. RIP

His autobiography is a must read btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

net work error posted:

You can just post this as the OP and be done with it.
https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/1375078532460773376

Formula 1 2021 Season: The Year of The Fugly Stick