Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Tsaedje posted:

So what's everyone doing for crimbo holibobs?

watching youtube vids on cast iron on my m1 macbook wearing airpod max's sitting in a $30,000 chair. hbu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

SocksAndSandals posted:

2020 was the year of Lance Stroll Maiden Pole

first and last ever.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

track day bro! posted:

Serious question, how many of you actually watched the races live thisyear anyway

Saw most of them live

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Zeta Acosta posted:

nando already faster than ocon and ricciardo

too bad de vries never got a chance in f1. another superior dutch driver to unmask those british frauds.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

daslog posted:

Did they announce that Albon and Kvyat are out yet?

Tsunoda got announced into AT, so Kvyat is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jq1vu2FMMQ

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 16, 2020

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ROFLBOT posted:

That doesn’t sound nearly so impressive when you realise it was only one driver who did those 4, and then proceeded to get comprehensively pantsed by the new guy (ARE DAN) immediately after.

who proceeded to get pantsed by a "frogboy"

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ROFLBOT posted:

The only season frogboy beat dan was when Dan’s car mysteriously became the parts bin special and he dnfked like 9 times

Counting all 2018 races were they both finished, Max outscored Dan 8 times (Spain, Canada, France, Singapore, Russia, Japan, Brazil, Abu D.) vs. 3 (Australia, China, Monaco). You could give Silverstone to Ric since Max retired late into the race and technically came 15th, but whatever.

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Dec 17, 2020

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ROFLBOT posted:

i guess that’s what happens when you get the crappy car eh

yeah, cause f1 teams WANT their drivers who they pay millions for to perform suboptimally.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

CancerCakes posted:

Max's only wins came when ric dnf, while every Dan win was when max finished. Sounds like Max can only win when his team mate is either dnf due to rbr being poo poo (Dan) or when rbr fail to get the best out the other driver (albon, gas). I.e. a fraud

if you only look at #1 spots, then yes both max victories happened in a race where ricc was out. and one of them HAM was also out. Doesn't mean much. Across all races they both finished, on average Max brought home more points.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Albon exit. He seems like a nice lad but yeah, did not perform up to standard. Curious to see how Checo fares next to Max

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ROFLBOT posted:

Max’s car failed a total of.... 2 times in the whole season, not including the puncture at Imola. The rest of the dnfs were because he binned it had an accident like the failson he is

ah yeah, he definitely caused that collision in tuscany

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Yq1AlIwsc&t=44s

not gonna bother opening the can of worms that sakhir is in this thread.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

net work error posted:

I hope Checo gets better results than Max and Seb.

I'm willing to bet Checo will not outscore nor outqualify Max. As long as he drives better than Albon and Gasly did then RB might stand a chance.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Khablam posted:

With Perez at RBR, Bottas will finish 4th in the WDC.

Russell to Merc in 2022.

Along with Max :getin: .

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

maybe if perez gets the 'rona again.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

The Big Jesus posted:

Hm that makes sense. I bet there's not a Shamilton brand out there though

I for one would like a Poois SHamilton watch

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

I felt sorta sorry for Haas before doing the best they can with a potty mouth team lead who means well and two mediocre but friendly drivers in a subpar car but geesh this whole Meatzipan thing is bad PR.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Theophany posted:

The only real good guys in F1 are Ferrari. Good, honest, not sexually aggressive lads who mean well and don't cheat.

You do know they're Italians, right?

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

the corona quid posted:

Tony should be like an annual festival of celebration we have every year.

Don't forget some sort of prize.. Tony Award has a nice ring to it.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I think getting Ricciardo was a great move, but then he did nothing to keep him and replaced him with an old man they are going to get 2 seasons from at most.

Yeah if Alsonso manages any podiums/top 7 wdc placement during his alpine stint I’ll eat my proverbial shoe

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

in unrelated news i downloaded the f1 2020 game for my ps5. it's more difficult than mario kart but not by a lot.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Cessna posted:

It's a lot of fun. Do you have a wheel and pedals, or are you using a controller?

Just a controller for now..

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

I’ll keep an eye out on deals on that. I missed about 5 years of PlayStation content so have enough to keep myself occupied for now before I dive into the sim racing rabbit hole.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Zeta Acosta posted:

It was pretty incredible how Russell trashed bottas in that race.

not really, the car is the best and russell is very good.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

the corona quid posted:

Just look at Baku, it went from a laughing stock to a fan favourite in a couple years and its a Tilke circuit. but I think its also the most anti Tilke circuit he's ever made. It has a distinct visual identity (you know Baku straight away from 90% of the shots of it), there's some huge punishment for mistakes on parts of the lap and the long straight basically fucks with tire temps putting more a variable into play.

i'm just playing through some circuits on f1 2020 and jfc baku is hardcore. walls everywhere so you can't make any mistakes on most stretches. corners tight as hell. mad respect for the drivers getting through that without touching walls etc, esp. this last section where you think you can go fast but just going a littttttle wide in one corner had me banging the wall, happened basically 9/10 laps.

what makes a fun circuit to me is plenty spaces to overtake (e.g. monaco is just too narrow) and all of the types of corners. taking risk and going a little wide should be punished but not race-ending.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Pragmatica posted:

if you all have some gangtags you want uploaded, i don't mind doing that. that is a fun off season thing we could do

Width: 180px
Height: 20-40px is a good
File size: 30kb (wiggle room here, make it as small as you can and look nice)
Animation: Gifs are okay, but prefer either static or minimal animation.

for Khablam and myself

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 20, 2021

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

the font is impact. get it?

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

I know f1 talk is off limits here but RB Honda agreement supposedly close https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/red-bull-druck-fia-entscheidung-motoren-naechste-woche/

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Mine is exclusively for tosti’s.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

:vince:

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

rb16 presented

might crash into a wall later, idk

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Ostentatious posted:

Hope Checo beats Max tbh

he def. won't

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

madsushi posted:

Hamilton didn't let tyre failure stop him from winning.

A slow puncture VS tires literally blowing up. Hmm yes quite.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

njsykora posted:

Absolutely loving dying at them having the Russian flag on the front wing.
https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/1367386180388593664

:ussr:

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

good one OP

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

FAUXTON posted:

big tomato, big tobacco

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Mar 11, 2021

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

oh sorry i dont usually click youtube links out of rickrollaphobia

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

BWV posted:

If actual mission winnow employees exist I’d like to get a super cut of them trying to explain to people they meet at parties what they do.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Zeta Acosta posted:

gently caress ii this year im going to root for the scud bois and checo perez

also asston is going to loving suck

might be right about that OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed