Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

track day bro! posted:

I always wondered, is team ATS pretty much the german wheel manufacturer called ATS?

Yep, same company. And if you see "Abba" on the car, yes, that Abba.

It was done again twice later, Rial and Fondmetal were both wheel manufacturers with lovely F1 teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

People would lose their poo poo but one way to solve it would be "If you go off where there would have been gravel you have to do a drive through".

Bit like the MotoGP long lap.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Azza Bamboo posted:

I wonder if they'd rather pay that than base their operations in Europe. Either way lol my country sucks.

It's not really enough, especially refundable, to warrant building a base elsewhere.

But if we ever get new teams they're going to look at that and think Germany looks pretty bloody good certainly.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Amazing just how dogshit that film sounds.

I only found out about this one yesterday.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1478839/

"Through his bond with his owner, aspiring Formula One race car driver Denny, golden retriever Enzo learns that the techniques needed on the racetrack can also be used to successfully navigate the journey of life."

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

No, the group where a third of them have managed to get it are using perfectly safe equipment!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

the paradigm shift posted:

oh I noticed something didn't look right but got too distracted wondering what cal is up to this year

I believe he's focusing full time on complaining.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The Alfa is last year's but someone's found the "Invert colours" option in Photoshop.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ostentatious posted:

the story of the year will be mock Schumacher finishing a valiant 19th place several seconds in front of the problematic Russian guy while ppl proclaim him to be the future of the sport

That's basically the story of George Russell's career before Bahrain and it worked for him.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Siri show me a metaphor for the US government 2016-2020.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sound like hacking to me.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ugh, all the Sky commentators calling for artificial safety cars because it's "exciting".

No it loving isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rinkles posted:

I was gonna ask, I know F1 has always been a rich kid's sport, but how recent is the trend of daddies literally buying their sons seats or even their entire teams?

Buying seats, loving forever.

Buying teams, not so much. But way back in the day when things were simpler, the failsons simply set up a team from scratch with daddy's money instead.