Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

oh yay you've come back to this one

this one has been my favourite of the series because it feels more cozy and approachable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

the tune is nice, the production of that song (didn't it actually get airplay in some markets?!) was...not so nice

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

The book contains riddles and has a page missing. Alexander glances at a few of the conundrums, but finds himself more curious about the one that is missing. What was the riddle, he wonders. More importantly, what was the answer?

Call it a hunch, but I think we've already seen the answer.

Same border style, and the red could easily be faded or even just dimmer because it's smaller. This is what leads me to think the riddle is one we'll be seeing much, much later in the game because it would give a sense of closure to the whole thing.

huh, only now do I make a connection to where this happens in the game later, I legit always thought you just needed to understand riddles and use the right piece in your inventory. no wonder I've never gotten 100% points in this game

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Guildenstern Mother posted:

B) they recently figured out that in the next section you can hold down alt and walk straight through the tile puzzle

:lol: that is amazing, kinda reminds me of the minefield in MGS

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

how the heck did that faces code wheel thing work for Monkey Island anyway? I played Secret and Revenge through one of the Lucasarts Greatest Hits collections, so they were both together on 1 cd but I don't recall either of them featuring any copy protection, but now whenever people talk about old copy protection they always talk about The Secret of Monkey Island having a unique code wheel included.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Outpost22 posted:

Real smart of the bad guy to just write out all of his evil deeds.

Alhazred is just a real stickler for decorum https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdGOrcUEg8

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

that happens a couple times throughout the game, it seems like they just got people at the office to record lines and that always seems kind of weird when the main actors were still voicing multiple characters.

ah well, was just that time in gaming history, sort of like how in System Shock all the audio logs are just employees reading them with, like, zero direction whatsoever

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

an ending that could've come from a movie, certainly makes sense considering the trend Disney had started by the time this game was released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

it is a time honoured tradition to spend waaaaaay too much time creating the ~perfect Shepard~ and then on the face reveal in the intro you see that the models just never quite map properly to the skeletons in ME1 :v: