Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.
Oh good, best King's Quest and easily fitting into top 5 best Sierra adventure games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

What was it when I looked at you? What pow'r has chained me through and through? And binds my heart with links so tight, I cannot live without the sight of you? What nameless thing has captured me? And made me powerless to flee? What thing is it without a name, that brings my mind e're back the same to thee? The name of 'love' cannot apply. It's commonness does not descry, the haunted, hunted, painful cry that my heart makes for you. That ere my soul eternal makes for you.

I was gonna say next to nobody reading this probably got that joke. But knowing you all, most of you probably got it and are laughing at it as hard at it as I did. If you didn't get it, trust me... it's quite funny.

I'm gonna be the guy who doesn't get it and needs the joke explained.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Maybe I'm just dumb, but are the bits in italics new lines from the Windows version or dialogue you're adding to punch up otherwise boring conversations?

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

I always felt kinda bad that I couldn't get milk for the other baby plants after stealing their tears.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Whenever I think back on copy protection on old games, I think of this game and the cliffs, Pool of Radiance/Curse of the Azure Bonds/Hillsfar's code wheels, and The Colonel's Bequest's tinted plastic magnifying glass for fingerprint identification.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Snorb posted:

Yeah, he had to wear a dress to fool an ATM camera in Space Quest IV so he could steal a bunch of money from a debit card.

(It's... complicated.)

More or less complicated than making a fake mustache out of syrup and cat hair or order to disguise yourself as a guy who doesn't have a mustache?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Snorb posted:

Was giving the handkerchief to Ali (the ghost, not the bookshop owner) optional? I could have sworn you needed to do that so he'd tell you about the secret passage behind the armor.

I remember being convinced my first time making it this far that the handkerchief was supposed to go to the book shop owner and spent far too long trying to figure out how to make it work. Stupid game designers thinking two people are allowed to have the same name...