Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Ah, one of the not-dogshit-awful King's Quests.

I'm sad you won't be continuing the series after VI, though, I would've loved to see your reaction to VIII. That was one hell of a shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
What?! No way to get yourself killed in the bookshop by pulling a bookshelf on top of yourself? Or getting killed for shoplifting? Is this even a Sierra game?!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Water's so unsafe in Sierra games you'd figure their protagonists were water-soluble.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I never knew the game had a "long" and "short" ending. I assume you'll elaborate on the two potential paths when we get to where they diverge.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Ah man I remember the gnomes. Not fondly, but I do remember them!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

You know if nothing else I do appreciate the puns. But I'm probably alone in that. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

For some reason it always greatly amuses me when adventure games acknowledge the inherent goofiness of the protagonist carrying half a warehouse's worth of random items, small animals and decaying food in their coat/pants. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

DoubleNegative posted:

this tbh

Italicized dialogue is me having fun by adding text.

I want you to know that I appreciate your original writing! Not everyone who does it for LP's does it in a funny or enjoyable way, but you do.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

The noble prince, getting random people into fights so he can loot the stuff they throw at each other. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Oh man, the Catacombs. I remember busting my brain on this place several times. It has some rude puzzles if I remember right.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I think why this maze puzzled me as a kid was that I always managed to enter without the brick, so I'd try to use the skull in the collapsing ceiling room, and wonder what I was doing wrong as the skull for crunched up by the gears and I got splatted.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Blastinus posted:

Speaking of the guards' poor equipment, whose idea was it to give them only one spear and one shield to share between them? Someone really needs to talk to this kingdom about their defense budget.

They've got brittle bird bones, maybe they can't fly carrying both at once.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

The uh, druids' robe colours are kind of unfortunately skin-like.

For a moment I was worried you'd accidentally booted up Leisure Suit Larry instead. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I wish more adventure games had done stuff like this.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

It's a really strong sequence.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

It wouldn't be an adventure game castle if it didn't have secret corridors. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I admit to forgetting whether Shadrack comes up in a later King's Quest game, it would be interesting if he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Grats on a completed LP!