Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm sure we won't get board of this game, as you're playing it! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

OK, I'm catching up with this, and I love the Sense Gnomes.

quote:

You've been trying to get me killed for the past several days.

I AM a lalafell! That's kinda what we do.

Also, I have questions.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

bladeworksmaster posted:

So a fun fact about the Cliffs of Logic, depending on I think what version of the game you get and how fast your computer is, the game will cause Alexander to wobble on every. single. solitary. step, which was demonstrated inadvertently in the old Steam Train playthrough of the game by Ross and Danny of the Game Grumps, starting at about 5 minutes in this video (doesn’t cover anything that hasn’t been seen in the thread yet!) https://youtu.be/7qvuK245IYk

Whoa, wait a minute! :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Nidoking posted:

The funny thing is that King's Quest VI was well into the CD era, when copy protection started to go out of style again, because there were no practical CD copying devices for consumers.

Heh. I remember being on Mac OS 9 and being able to use Disk Utility to turn CD-Roms into a .dmg file. Then you could just use the .dmg file in place of the original disc...

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Nidoking posted:

Yes, six years or so after this game came out, that kind of technology existed. Technology is funny in that people keep making more of it. That's why copy protection started to make a return, this time using the Internet and online registration of CD keys. Then came the DVD era, and another round of well, maybe we can get by without copy protection, because these discs are not copyable, then the DVD burners came, and we got on-disc DRM. But I think Sierra was entirely gone by then.

Sorry. I didn't mean that to sound like a counterargument or gotcha. I was just fondly reminiscing.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Space Kablooey posted:

Ashens had a talk about game piracy in the 80's, and he capped it off by showing some types of present copy protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFd60nCBygg&t=1772s

The copy protection talk starts at 29:32 but the whole thing is worth a watch.

You wouldn't download a car... :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

quote:

Gadzooks!

:allears:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bregor posted:

Richard Kind

IS

Jollo the Clown

IN

King’s Quest XXIII: The Road Less Trousered

:golfclap:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Will there be a sidebar to talk about the short ending somewhere?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Man, who knew that Alexander would visit somewhere out in the Styx like this? :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Se-cret tunnel! :guitar:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wow, nice job! :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Comrade Koba posted:

Seconding this.

For general appearance, I've always had a soft spot for the one from the ME3 cover:

I do like that look. The red hair complements the fierce expression.