Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010
General:

American wrestling TV shows only get a slight bump in their TV ratings when fans return

There's some lawsuit between WWE & AEW over something stupid

CM Punk doesn't sign with anybody because he thinks he can get a bigger deal from WWE by waiting another year

WWE:

Velveteen Dream gets released

Sami Zayn re-signs with WWE

NXT gets replaced in the fall schedule

They play a cinematic match on the titantron during a show with a crowd, and the crowd gets really restless and angry

The Bellas come back to wrestle because the ratings for their show need a boost

Becky Lynch returns but retires from being a full-time wrestler soon after

AEW:

The second show begins, ends up just being a slower-paced, midcard focused b-show

Dynamite holds steady in the ratings as Raw falls

Matt Hardy gets released from AEW, goes back to WWE for a retirement run

Sting wrestles once

Dustin Rhodes retires

The rookie QB that the Jaguars draft will make an appearance on Dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Trying a mix of likely things, unlikely things, and extremely unlikely things:

- AEW Dynamite regularly hits over 1 million viewers, and exceeds 1.2 million several times.
- Raw loses its third hour (I will keep predicting this till is happens, please Jesus make it happen :pray:).
- Vince panics and brings Undertaker back to wrestle on a non-Wrestlemania PPV.
- Wrestlemania still takes place in a 50,000+ seat stadium, but with only 15k tickets for sale.
- On at least one week, at least one hour of Raw will get a sub one million rating.
- NXT starts hitting sub 500k total viewers regularly.
- Kota Ibushi defeats Naito on Night 1 of Wrestle Kingdom to win the IWGP Championship, and successfully defends it against Switchblade Jay White on Night 2.
- Jon Moxley will defend the IWGP US Title both in the United States and Japan respectively, winning the first but losing the second.
- There will be 5 distinct NXT Champions in 2021, only 2 of them will ever defend their title (either successfully or unsuccessfully), the other three will be vacated due to injury.
- Kenny Omega will hold the AEW Championship for 9 months, then lose the title to Hangman Adam Page.
- Hangman Adam Page will NOT be the AEW Champion at the end of 2021.
- Taichi will lead an insurrection against Minoru Suzuki for leadership of Suzuki-Gun, and succeed thanks to the support of his best friend Zack Sabre Jr.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ah, jeez.

so I was wrong with 93% of these predictions last year. I aim to get it up to 99% this year, because I have even less faith in my predictive abilities than I did last year.

gently caress it tho.

By this time next year, the following will be the champions and tournament winners of these major companies:

WWE:

WWE Champion: AJ Styles
Universal Champion: John Cena
Intercontinental Champion: Matt Riddle
US Champion: Lars Sullivan
Raw Tag Team Champions: Dolph Ziggler and uhhh Seth Rollins, gently caress it
Smackdown Tag Team Champions: The Undisputed Era
Raw Women's Champion: Lacey Evans
Smackdown Women's Champion: Ronda Rousey
Women's Tag Team Champions: idfk, Charlotte and Becky
NXT Champion: Velveteen Dream lmao
NXT NA Champion: Leon Ruff
NXT Tag Team Champions: Timothy Thatcher and Santos Escobar
NXT Women's Champion: Kacy Catanzaro
Cruiserweight Champion: Malcolm Bivens
NXT UK Champion: Walter
NXT UK Tag Team Champions: Rampage Brown and Saxon Huxley
NXT UK Heritage Cup Champion: Noam Dar
NXT UK Women's Champion: Isla Dawn

(holy poo poo the WWE STILL has far too many titles)

Royal Rumble winner: The Rock
Women's Royal Rumble winner: Lana
Money In The Bank winner: Baron Corbin

AEW:

AEW Champion: Darby Allin
AEW TNT Champion: PAC
FTW Championship: Unified with the AEW belt lmao
AEW Women's Champion: Nyla Rose
AEW Tag Team Champions: Alex Reynolds and John Silver

NJPW:

IWGP Heavyweight Champion: Jay White
IWGP Intercontinental Champion: Will Ospreay
IWGP US Champion: KENTA
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion: YOH
IWGP Tag Team Champions: Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI
IWGP KOPW Champion 2021: Kota Ibushi
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: SHO and Robbie Eagles
NEVER Openweight Champion: The Great O-Khan
NEVER 6-Man Champion: GOD and Taiji Ishimori

New Japan Cup winner: SANADA
Best of the Super Juniors winner: SHO
G1 Climax winner: Kazuchika Okada
(Will he hold it to the Tokyo Dome?: Yes)
KOPW Provisional Champion 4-Way Winner: Toru Yano
Young Lion Cup winner: Yuya Uemura
Super J-Cup 2021 winner: ACH
Super Junior Tag League winners: El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru
World Tag League winners: FinJuice

AJPW:

Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion: Shuji Ishikawa
World Tag Team Champions: Takumi Soya and Suwama
World Junior Heavyweight Champion: Akira
All Asia Tag Team Champions: idgaf Ryōji Sai and KAI
Gaora TV Champion: Yoshitatsu
AJPW TV 6-Man Tag Team Champions: *spins the wheel* CIMA, Kuma Arashi, and Rising HAYATO

Jr. Battle of Glory winner: Akira
Champion Carnival winner: Naoya Nomura
Jr. Tag Battle of Glory winner: Tajiri and Koji Iwamoto
Royal Road Tournament winner: Zeus
World's Strongest Tag Determination League winners: idfk, Masato Tanaka and Naoya Ogawa

NOAH:

GHC Heavyweight Champion: Kenoh
GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion: Chris Ridgeway
GHC National Champion: Kazushi Sakuraba
GHC Tag Team Champions: Kaito Kiyomiya and Go Shiozaki
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: Hayata and Yoshinari Ogawa

Global Tag League winner: Kaito Kiyomiya and Go Shiozaki
Global Junior Heavyweight Tag League winners: honestly idfk, Minoru Tanaka and Hi69
Global Junior Heavyweight League winner: Hajime Ohara
N1 Victory Winner: Kenoh

additionally:
-Vince will live through 2021, because Vince will never die
-Raw's ratings will only resurge if it becomes overt white nationalist propaganda
-King of the Ring will not happen
-AJPW will become so much better while Tajiri has the book ahahahaha no it won't :(

Venomous fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 29, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Venomous posted:

ah, jeez.

so I was wrong with 93% of these predictions last year. I aim to get it up to 99% this year, because I have even less faith in my predictive abilities than I did last year.

AJPW:

Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion: Kento Miyahara
World Tag Team Champions: Takumi Soya and Suwama
World Junior Heavyweight Champion: Akira
All Asia Tag Team Champions: idgaf Ryuji Sai and KAI
Gaora TV Champion: Yoshitatsu

-AJPW will become so much better while Tajiri has the book

Point 1, unbelievably optimistic on Tajiri, hope you're right. Point 2, can't believe you forgot to include the hot new AJPW TV 6 Man titles!

My only hope for All Japan next year is we get Ayato Yoshida back.

RKRGoat
Jun 20, 2003

Hangman kicks outta of OWA and then beats Kenny doing it on him is my only guess

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
You forgot the prestigious KOPW Title; you surely need to include that. Also the Global Junior League was in January last year so I might reconsider that Ridgeway prediction to cover that.

After last year where out of five predictions I got one half right (predicted Sumo Hall for the Stardom 10th Anniversary show and they are running Budokan Hall so I'm claiming half a point for it) dunno if I should do this again but hey, why not.

1. Stardom's anniversary show isn't a total disaster - COVID limits carry on and reduce the amount that would have normally gone but they manage to put a reasonable number (2k+ I'd guess for them) and sell all of the comically expensive $1,000 seats. The uncertainty of COVID causes them to downsize the scale of their plans though - they keep running bigger buildings but its more because they can sell more tickets at 50% capacity there rather than a sign of massive ambition.

2. Yoshiko, Act Yasukawa and Kairi Hojo wrestle in some capacity on Stardom's 10th Anniversary show: either in the Battle Royal or in the case of Kairi or Yoshiko in a special singles match against Mayu Iwatani. However; that is the only time any of them appear on a Stardom show.

3. Suzu Suzuki retains the ICExInfinity title against Saori Anou on New Years Eve; and loses it to Tsukasa Fujimoto at some point in the early part of 2020; who then loses it to Tsukushi Haruka at some point before the end of the year (possibly at Yokohama?)

4. New Japan Pro Wrestling do not hold a major show (defined as a show featuring a large number of Japanese wrestlers with a main event of the standard of a named major New Japan show: not necessarily an IWGP Title match though) outside Japan in 2021; however they announce a return to MSG for early 2022.

5. The complications of COVID prevents NXT Japan from launching in 2021 however by the end of the year it becomes clearer who exactly is involved in it. They don't manage to sign any of the big stars from the major Japanese promotions outside of the one that they acquire to be the base of it and so start out by being reliant on their existing group of Japanese signed talent. Not going to predict the Japanese promotions they 'work with' since who the gently caress knows at this point.

6. British promotions come back in the middle of the year after the vaccination programme enables things to open back up with American fans of them being excited for the return expecting business as usual while British fans remain almost entirely disinterested. This is increasingly the case when promotions either come back with shows full of very green rookies without major stars or attempt to rehabilitate some of the people called out by the Speaking Out movement in front of not very large crowds: and this leads to several well-known British promotions going bust by the end of the year.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

IceAgeComing posted:

You forgot the prestigious KOPW Title; you surely need to include that. Also the Global Junior League was in January last year so I might reconsider that Ridgeway prediction to cover that.

No I didn't. Kota Ibushi's winning the four-way, and Toru Yano will be provisional champ this time next year.

Fair enough on the GJL point tho, will do just that.

forkboy84 posted:

Point 1, unbelievably optimistic on Tajiri, hope you're right. Point 2, can't believe you forgot to include the hot new AJPW TV 6 Man titles!

My only hope for All Japan next year is we get Ayato Yoshida back.

Tbh I haven't really paid much attention to AJPW this year, especially because of the Shuji kerfuffle, so I completely forgot the AJPW 6-man titles existed lmao

But yeah, Yoshida would be absolutely fantastic. Naoya too, I miss Naoya so drat much :smith:

Venomous fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 18, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Predictions!

-Kota Ibushi will win the Double Gold and hold it till Dominion
-Hiroshi Tanahashi will win the New Japan Cup
-Best of the Super Juniors winner will be Sho
-New Japan will try to run a full attendance Tokyo Dome before the Olympics if vaccination is full effect/Covid is under control
-The G1 winner will be Okada

-NOAH/DDT/TJPW will run the Tokyo Dome, either at full or Reduced capacity in Fall after the Olympics
-The Smaller groups in Japan will try to run joint shows/merge to counter reduced capacity/lower ticket sales. Sadly it won't help as we'll see some big name feds go out of business
- Winter will see a big charity multi promotion show at the Budokan if Covid is under control with New Japan/NOAH/Dragon Gate/DDT/Stardom etc. But absent from the show will be All Japan because...
-All Japan ends up in a extreme cash crunch and ends up needing to either sell the company or go out of business. They end up spurning an offer from Cyber Agent and instead sell a percentage to WWE secretly to becom NXT Japan while still having the All Japan name. This leads to some top talent leaving the company
- Kento Miyahara thus joins New Japan and ends up challenging and winning the Double Gold. He will face Okada at the dome with the angle build being that he's a better ace

-Kenny Omega will end up holding the AEW, AAA, NWA, Impact, DDT Iron Man, DDT KO-D and IWGP US title at the same time in 2021
- AEW will run a tag team tournament involving teams from other companies. The Good Brothers will win it and end up facing the Young Bucks for the Titles
- Young Bucks will hold till fall where Top flight will end up beating them and winning the titles
- Hangman Page will beat Kenny For the title
- Kenny will end up facing Kota Ibushi at the Tokyo dome in 2022 Wrestle Kingdom

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

You know they say that all shows are created equal, but you look at AEW and you look at WWE and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another show, you got a 50/50 chance of winning the ratings. But AEW is a dynamic show and is not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat AEW. Then you add Impact! to the mix, WWE's chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at 2021, WWE got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but AEW got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Impact! KNOWS it can't beat AEW and is not even gonna try!
So WWE, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus AEW 25% chance and WWE got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at 2021. But then you take AEW 75% chance of winning, if WWE was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, AEW got 141 2/3 chance of winning at 2021. See WWE, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at 2021.

I'll start 2021 using these two masks:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gonna add a more long term prediction that CyberFight promotions (NOAH/DDT/TJPW) surpass Bushiroad promotions (NJPW/Stardom) in popularity in the west in the next five years while Bushiroad stays king in Japan.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Gonna add a more long term prediction that CyberFight promotions (NOAH/DDT/TJPW) surpass Bushiroad promotions (NJPW/Stardom) in popularity in the west in the next five years while Bushiroad stays king in Japan.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
WWE signs Greg Hardy after getting cut by UFC after a continuous string of losses.

That or Dana actually figures out that no one actually cares about Greg Hardy.

Macksy fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 20, 2020

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Kenny's belt collector gimmick will end at the hands of an on fire on the indies Tommy End who begins doing a born again gimmick where Thea forced him to lazer off every tattoo live in the ring. He'll start being carried to the ring on a cross and upon beating Omega for every belt 4 belts will hang from the cross with Thea holding a 5th. He'll start to convert all of AEW, not like the dark order, but in a way neither faces or heels can see through. Just when people think all hope is gone and he has about 60 followers from all different promotion's Super Dragon comes out of retirement and saves pro wrestling defeating End and going on a retirement tour as a reigning hero to all!

Y'know, that or uh, idk, Seth vs Roman feud

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Vince McMahon is going to pass away.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Macksy posted:

WWE signs Greg Hardy after getting cut by UFC after a continuous string of losses.

That or Dana actually figures out that no one actually cares about Greg Hardy.

Greg Hardy and Matt Riddle tag team.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

super macho dude posted:

Vince McMahon is going to pass away.

his mom is like 104 and still alive

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

his mom is like 104 and still alive

Does she do steroids?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Does she do steroids?

That fucker is already lasting more than normal and WWE will improve not having him around (not wishing him death but that he stops loving wrestlers with lovely contracts).

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Guillermus posted:

That fucker is already lasting more than normal and WWE will improve not having him around (not wishing him death but that he stops loving wrestlers with lovely contracts).

lol that poo poo ain't changing even if he dies

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I predict that in 2021, Bo Dallas will win zero, (0), championships.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

lol that poo poo ain't changing even if he dies

I can see if Vince dies that the remaining family could be talked into selling if someone wants to buy with a insane cash offer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
As the guy who thought Ted DiBiase Jr would be the star between him and Cody, I probably shouldn't make predictions

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

As the guy who thought Ted DiBiase Jr would be the star between him and Cody, I probably shouldn't make predictions

Ted got to wrestle both Akiyama and Misawa so really he is the real star

I really need to get my thinking hat on to come up with some predictions.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Does she do steroids?

OP please add "Vince McMahon's mom gets busted for steroid use" to MRT's predictions.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Forbidden Portal will open

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NOAH
Keiji Mutoh will win the GHC Heavyweight Title, ending Go's fantastic run. Mutoh has no more than 2 successful defences though before Kaito Kiyomiya avenges his lost to him from this summer & fully stakes out his position as the ace of NOAH.
Yoshiki Inamura will have a breakout year and will get a run with the GHC Heavyweight Tag titles. He will continue to be cool as hell.
Katsuhiko Nakajima finally & inevitably backstabs Kenoh which leads to Kongo splitting up & me feeling sad.
The NOAH Junior division continues to be booked like a wild mess. Hajime Ohara finally stops being overlooked by NOSAWA, maybe winning Global Junior Tag League with a Full Throttle partner.
Jun Akiyama returns to NOAH & takes Yusuke Okada with him. Okada wins Global Junior League.

AJPW
Kento & Aoyagi beat Violent Giants on 3rd Jan for the Tag Titles, Violent Giants split up.
Stronghearts make their way to All Japan more frequently.
Naoya Nomura finally returns, is still awesome. Assuming he's back in time for the Champion Carnival, he wins it. If not, he wins Royal Road
Ayato Yoshida & Jake Lee hold the Tag Titles at some point in the year.
Akira Francesco has a Junior Title run.

Dragon Gate
RED turn on Eita, who turns face. He's extremely good in the role. In turn RED eventually falls apart to be replaced by a new heel group. Takashi Yoshida is still in it & I still hate watching him.
La Estrella challenges for but does not win the Open The Brave Gate Title.
Dragon Gate manage to find another candidate for rookie of the year, somehow.

Other
The nicely dressed gentlemen, some of whom are missing a bit of a finger, finally decide to stop funding Zero1 & it collapses.
Don't Post Puro Here's 2021 wrestler of the year is someone from AEW.
After the vaccines hopefully put a dent in COVID Mei Suruga is able to work for AEW & is awesome.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 30, 2020

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is there a reason why people are expecting 86-year-old Mutoh to take the belt off Go?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They already stopped funding Z1 and got replaced by a bizarre company that's offering free covid antibody tests with fan club membership and allowing fans to book "premium matches" (the card for their "Oshinin Premium Preview" show is a fever dream

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

BrigadierSensible posted:

I predict that in 2021, Bo Dallas will win zero, (0), championships.

bold claim in a world of the 24/7 title

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Go Shiozaki WILL remain the GHC champ and evey match will be more hard hitting than the last until he's actually just defending in a full body cast but still manages to pull off a +4☆ match.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
AEW’s audience will not grow significantly but it will remain stable.

Raw will hit 1.3 by the end of the year.

TNT will award AEW clash of the champion style specials 3 or 4 times per year.

Batista will make an appearance for AEW.

Sasha and Becky will remain under contract to WWE but will only have part-timer schedules by the end of the year.

Another WWE star will be released due to Twitch bay bay.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

While it's still 2020, I've edited a couple of my AJPW predictions because I feel a lot less optimistic about it than I was at the beginning of the month

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Venomous posted:

While it's still 2020, I've edited a couple of my AJPW predictions because I feel a lot less optimistic about it than I was at the beginning of the month

At least Nomura should return. Surely they can't blow it with him..........

Sigh

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Ricochet and Chad Gable go to AEW

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alister Black lets his contract run out, and we see Tommy End tear it up in AEW/NJPW

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Venomous posted:

Yeah if anyone wants to change their predictions, get ’em in, say, before Wrestle Kingdom. Then they will be immortalized in the second post

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

At least Nomura should return. Surely they can't blow it with him..........

Sigh

Yeah, Nomura will return

in NOAH

(this isn't a prediction Naoya Nomura won't defect to NOAH in 2021)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Batista will make an appearance for AEW.

Another WWE star will be released due to Twitch bay bay.

Hefty Leftist posted:

I'd be totally down for these to happen.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've already hit 0.5 on my 2021 predictions, I'm ahead of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Hefty Leftist posted:

As much as I’d love to see it, I’m still not convinced that Ricochet isn’t irreparably infected by WWE brain worms, but after seeing Gable mention Brodie consoling him about the “Shorty G” gimmick in his post about him I think he’s pretty likely to be out once his contract is up.

Aleister Black is 100% out the door too once he can.