Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Alright time for some predictions of my own I suppose! I’m not particularly imaginative when it comes to this stuff but here’s some random stuff

NJPW
- Hiromu Takahashi will enter both the NJC and the G1. He will win the former tournament
- SHO will also move on from the Junior division by entering NJC and G1
- Minoru Suzuki will not be the leader of Suzuki-Gun at the end of the year, but he will not leave NJPW or retire just yet
- there will be another NJPW collaboration in the next Yakuza game
- NJPW will once again start the G1 in the USA
- Ren Narita will officially return from excursion (at that G1 show???)
- Gabriel Kidd will also shed his Jr status by joining Suzuki-Gun

Gatoh Move
- when crowds are again permitted in Ichigaya, Gatoh Move will keep doing a weekly ChocoPro show without an audience while also having shows with audiences.
- a Gatoh Move talent will debut in AEW in 2021, damnit

NOAH
- I still don’t know too much about NOAH but I feel like next year could be a big one for them after this year’s success, so I think they will do a big show that will draw either over 5000 (if restrictions continue to be in place) or close to 10000 people (if restrictions are lifted). I have no idea if this is at all feasible :shrug:

AEW
- Hangman Page will challenge for Omega’s title more than once during the year but at the end of the year Omega will still be champion

WWE
- nothing actually important will change and WWE will keep on chugging exactly the way it has in 2020
- there will be a main-roster WWE PPV in the US that will get no more than 8 pages of posts in the livethread (I had 10 here but this year the second Saudi show only got 8 but the one on US soil with the least posts was Payback with 11, hence the ”in the US” addition)

Oh right FCF
- Shemeikka will win the FCF title at the next show with a title defence
- FCF will hold a series of no less than three open-air show in the summer
- Raivo Romppainen will keep having a poo poo-rear end name and gimmick all year long, much to my annoyance

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

You’ve got like I dunno 21 hours to post or edit your predictions for this year!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

a cyborg mug posted:

As predictions for this year need to be finalized soon, it's time to see who won last year!!! I did look at everyone's predictions but didn't bother to check every single prediction because I didn't want to spend all day doing it. So especially our #1 prediction champion is entirely based on how I feel about how people did in general.

The A PESSIMIST'S DREAM award goes to Hefty Leftist for getting his worst-case scenario predictions 100% wrong!

Hefty Leftist posted:

worst possible timeline predictions that i extremely hope do not happen:

- AEW ratings slowly fall to sub 500K by this time next year
- Chris Jericho remains champion all year to the point where the fans turn on the promotion
- Britt Baker becomes AEW Women's Champion and holds it all year
- No AEW wrestler manages to break out and get over as the main face of the company
- Lucha Bros leave AEW and sign with WWE
- CM Punk signs with WWE and goes to NXT, faces Triple H in Saudi Arabia
- NXT ratings grow to over a million
- Smackdown ratings grow to 3 million keeping FOX happy
- RAW ratings stabilise at 2.5 million
- The XFL is a surprise hit
- Keith Lee is called up to the main roster and is put in a baby gimmick where he wears diapers to the ring
- Rusev re-signs with WWE and is put in a tag team with Bobby Lashley
- The Revival re-sign with WWE
- Kairi Sane re-signs with WWE
- Marty Scurll signs with WWE
- Flip Gordon signs with WWE
- All your favourites stay or go to WWE
- Vince McMahon buys ROH
- Seth Rollins becomes cool

A grand total of three posters get the prestigious ONE SHOT, ONE KILL awards, congratulations to Seth Rollins, Gumball Gumption and PublicOpinion

Seth Rollins posted:

the ancient redwood will wither in the shadow of the sapling

Gumball Gumption posted:

Okada drops the belt at WK and doesn't hold it for the rest of the year.

PublicOpinion posted:

Raku will continue to have no singles wins in TJPW.

The PRETTY SURE YOU GOT THE BIGGEST PERCENTAGE OF PREDICTIONS RIGHT (APART FROM ONE-SHOTTERS) award goes to Wazzu

Wazzu posted:

Likely too late, but some predictions:

- Roman Reigns wins the Universal title at Wrestlemania
- comparing the January 1 rosters, someone with WWE leaves and joins AEW, and someone from AEW leaves and joins WWE.
- Ibushi wins the njpw heavyweight title after the G1
- no events on the Australian Indie scene are actually newsworthy in 2020
- TNA, ROH and MLW bizarrely all remain unsold

If you count each of Wazzu's bullet points as one prediction they got 3/5 (60%) right, and if each detail is counted as a separate prediction (so "WWE wrestler joins AEW" and "AEW wrestler joins WWE", "TNA remains unsold", "ROH remains unsold", "MLW remains unsold"), they got 6/8 right, which is a whopping 80%!

And last year's main award, the prestigious NOT SPOT ON BUT REALLY WELL DONE CONSIDERING THE CIRCUMSTANCES award goes to forums poster Huntman

Huntman posted:

Ooh fun. I always enjoy doing these and never being able to actually commit to my own meaningless predictions! mostly lame WWE centric ones because i will never be able to predict what NJPW does.

- The Undertaker and/or Shawn Michaels will unfortunately have at least one match.
- In a similar vein, a Hall of Famer who has retired, but hasn't had a post-retirement match yet will. Edge? Angle?
- A program for Punk vs. Triple H. Either will happen in 2020 or built for 2021.
- Seems like we get about 10-ish releases a year. Assuming the CWC contracts start to expire next year, we'll have even more than usual.
- The Revival end up not re-signing with WWE (plzplzplzplzplzplzplz).
- ROH gets bought out or at the very least is somehow looking even more dire heading into 2021. WWE are the favs to buy followed by IMPACT and NJPW USA.
- PROGRESS/ICW finally end up on the Network, maybe being bought out in the process. EVOLVE will also have another show or two on the Network as well.
- By this time next year, NXT ratings are either really good (1mil/900k range?) or bad (500k?). No in between.
- Similar to the tag belts, the women's division gets a midcard belt shared between brands as WWE can't honor their brand splits.
- SmackDown will continue to disappoint. Maybe ending up on FS1 a lot more and by the end of the year rumors about it staying on FS1 for the foreseeable future or FOX not renewing the deal kick up.
- After Wrestle Kingdom's 2 days prove a success, rumblings for WrestleMania going 2 days grows stronger. Maybe not Mania 37, but Mania 38.
- Marty and Flip end up in AEW. Maybe Brody King too (plz). Cobb re-signs with ROH or signs with NJPW like Elgin did. Bandido re-signs or goes AEW. Haskins (I assume his deal is up?) re-signs if not offered anything else.
- If for some ungodly reason Brodie Lee isn't signed by AEW or NJPW the moment his 90-day clause is up, he'll be the talk of Mania week.
- Moxley will wrestle on at least one non-Bloodsport related GCW event. Spring Break seems like a good candidate.
- Once NJPW USA gets going, talks of AEW/NJPW working together increase.
- Speaking of NJPW USA, they'll use it to host STARDOM showcase matches and maybe warm up to the idea of having a joshi match or two on NJPW events in Japan.
- Someone debuts in AEW by attacking Cody at least twice.

ok that's a bit more than i anticipated, but variety~. might come back and splurge a few mores if i can think of something.

Congratulations to Huntman for being the #1 Pro Wrestling Oracle in 2020!

a cyborg mug posted:

I have decided to add one more exciting award, the highly coveted A FOR EFFORT, which goes to Venomous and their 4 correct predictions out of 57! That's 7%!

Venomous posted:

By this time next year, the following will be the champions and tournament winners of these major companies:

WWE:

WWE Champion: Drew McIntyre
Universal Champion: Roman Reigns
Intercontinental Champion: Ricochet
US Champion: Roderick Strong
Raw Tag Team Champions: Bobby Lashley and Rusev
Smackdown Tag Team Champions: The Street Profits
Raw Women's Champion: Lacey Evans
Smackdown Women's Champion: Charlotte Flair
Women's Tag Team Champions: The Kabuki Warriors
NXT Champion: Tyler Breeze
NXT NA Champion: Austin Theory
NXT Tag Team Champions: #DIY
NXT Women's Champion: Ronda Rousey
Cruiserweight Champion: Malcolm Bivens
NXT UK Champion: Zack Gibson
NXT UK Tag Team Champions: Imperium
NXT UK Women's Champion: Millie McKenzie

(Holy poo poo the WWE has far too many titles)

Royal Rumble winner: Roman Reigns
Money In The Bank winner: Baron Corbin
King of the Ring winner: Bobby Lashley

AEW:

AEW Champion: Kenny Omega
AEW Women's Champion: Nyla Rose
AEW Tag Team Champions: The Lucha Bros

NJPW:

IWGP Heavyweight Champion: SANADA
IWGP Intercontinental Champion: EVIL
IWGP US Champion: Minoru Suzuki
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion: Hiromu Takahashi
IWGP Tag Team Champions: Shingo Takagi and Tetsuya Naito
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: Roppongi 3k
NEVER Openweight Championship: Tomoyuki Oka
NEVER 6-Man: GOD and Taiji Ishimori

New Japan Cup winner: Jay White
Best of the Super Juniors winner: Bandido
G1 Climax winner: Kazuchika Okada
(Will he hold it to the Tokyo Dome?: Yes)
Young Lion Cup winner: Yuya Uemura
Super Junior Tag League winners: Hirai Kawato and Ryu Lee
World Tag League winners: Tomohiro Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI

AJPW:

Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion: Jake Lee
World Tag Team Champions: Kento Miyahara and Yuma Aoyagi
World Junior Heavyweight Champion: ACH
All Asia Tag Team Champions: Naoya Nomura and Yuji Okabayashi
Gaora TV Champion: Masaaki Mochizuki

Jr. Battle of Glory winner: Tajiri
Champion Carnival winner: Jake Lee
Jr. Tag Battle of Glory winner: Koji Iwamoto and uhh Ultimo Dragon?
Royal Road Tournament winner: Kento Miyahara
World's Strongest Tag Determination League winners: The End

NOAH:

GHC Heavyweight Champion: Katsuhiko Nakajima
GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion: Chris Ridgeway
GHC National Champion: Kaito Kiyomiya
GHC Tag Team Champions: Muhammad Yone and Quiet Storm
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: Hayata and YO-HEY

Global Tag League winner: AXIZ
Global Junior Heavyweight Tag League winners: Hayata and YO-HEY
Global Junior Heavyweight League winner: Kotaro Suzuki
N1 Victory Winner: Kaito Kiyomiya

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 3, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Ric Flair will die.

A women's wrestler in WWE will die in the ring due to Nia Jax being a loving hazard.

Both of these will be glossed over really fast. Nia Jax will still be employed.

RR will have 0 covid cases somehow directly from that match.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

There will be at least one more major COVID outbreak in the WWE system.

No one else will push back on WWE seizing everybody's twitch/social media accounts in any meaningful way.

Akira Tozawa will end 2021 with a Dragon Gate title.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

deathpool predictions are the lamest thing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

deathpool predictions will die!

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

All three members of The Good, The Bad, and The Hungie will hold a belt at the same time

Zayn on AEW

Rowan will NOT sign with AEW (I don't want to believe this one but I also don't think it'll happen)

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Yaya posted:

Jim Ross won't be on commentary anymore by the end of 2021

Forbidden portal remains forbidden and unopened.

Juice Robinson will appear on AEW Programming but ultimately re-sign with New Japan

I didn't know Juice was under contract until 2022 so I'm changing my prediction from Juice to Kota

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lethrom posted:

Zayn on AEW

This feels plausible to me assuming he’s up this year. If it happens you think he resurrects El Generico, or just comes in under his own name?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

This feels plausible to me assuming he’s up this year. If it happens you think he resurrects El Generico, or just comes in under his own name?

I think Generico has aged a bit poorly for 2021.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

100%, don’t see a way to tweak to make it workable, but I don’t know that necessarily means they wouldn’t try (I don’t think it’s likely at all given the people involved, but who knows).

I missed everyone who had their big run on the indies between like 2006 and 2018, so I’m really interested in seeing what a guy like Zayn might do if he got to present himself as he wants.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 4, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm bad at predictions, so I'll just make the one.

Go Siozaki will spend less than 4 months as GHC Champion in 2021, but will refuse to take an extended break to heal his injuries

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm now adding all of your predictions to the second post. Thanks for all of them!

I'll give everyone an hour if you want to get something in or out (for example predictions involving, uh, Brodie Lee...). Please post ITT if you edit something in the next hour or I won't notice it.

Yaya posted:

I didn't know Juice was under contract until 2022 so I'm changing my prediction from Juice to Kota

I would like you to clarify if you mean Kota will re-sign with NJPW - he apparently has a "lifelong" contract with NJPW!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 4, 2021

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Going a bit more ambitious than my last incredibly obvious call last time:
TJPW:
Mirai Maiumi will have a special singles match vs. Aja Kong.
Raku WILL get a singles victory.
TJPW Princess Cup Winner: Nodoka Tenma, who wins the Princess of Princess Championship afterwards.
Maki Itoh reclaims the International Princess Championship, and successfully defends against Thunder Rosa when travel restrictions loosen.
Miyu Yamashita appears on AEW Dynamite.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

Clearly he's coming in as Big Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1KJ7a5Qas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB8rH5fXxTk
(no he's not this would go down even worse in 2021)

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

a cyborg mug posted:

I'm now adding all of your predictions to the second post. Thanks for all of them!

I'll give everyone an hour if you want to get something in or out (for example predictions involving, uh, Brodie Lee...). Please post ITT if you edit something in the next hour or I won't notice it.

I would like you to clarify if you mean Kota will re-sign with NJPW - he apparently has a "lifelong" contract with NJPW!

My understanding is the "lifelong" contract is a work and his actual contract expires at some point this year. So yeah, his current contract will run out, he might do a program with Kenny or something, and then ultimately come back to New Japan.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yaya posted:

My understanding is the "lifelong" contract is a work and his actual contract expires at some point this year. So yeah, his current contract will run out, he might do a program with Kenny or something, and then ultimately come back to New Japan.

I want to say it expires this February.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Not sure! Leaning towards his own name though

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Xerzes posted:

There will be at least one more major COVID outbreak in the WWE system.

Congratulations

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

a cyborg mug posted:

- a Gatoh Move talent will debut in AEW in 2021, damnit

:unsmith: :hellyeah:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Sanguinia posted:

The Forbidden Portal will open

CALLED MY loving SHOT BAYBEEEEEEEE

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lamuella posted:

- if international travel becomes possible, one or more TJPW contracted star who hasn't yet competed in AEW will do so. I'm not quite brave enough to predict Miyu Yamashita.

Congratulations to me for my not bravery. Itoh and Mei it is.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I predicted Asuka to AEW last year but forgot it this year so I'm claiming that

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i guess ill do some none maki itoh ones.

the AEW womens divison will actually become good.

dsriggs posted:

This won't actually be a non-Maki Itoh one. ;)

Claiming it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

forkboy84 posted:

NOAH
The NOAH Junior division continues to be booked like a wild mess

AJPW
Kento & Aoyagi beat Violent Giants on 3rd Jan for the Tag Titles
Stronghearts make their way to All Japan more frequently.

Other
After the vaccines hopefully put a dent in COVID Mei Suruga is able to work for AEW & is awesome.

So far, so good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im doing terrible so far but its okay

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo posted:

I'm bad at predictions, so I'll just make the one.

Go Siozaki will spend less than 4 months as GHC Champion in 2021, but will refuse to take an extended break to heal his injuries

I have failed in my only prediction, turns out Go cares more for his long term health than I thought

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1371029515766484992

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

SG Bamboo posted:

I have failed in my only prediction, turns out Go cares more for his long term health than I thought

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1371029515766484992

I would say you have 50% right because he did in fact spend less than 4 months as champion!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Watch now as he John Cena's his recovery and comes back to win the title in August or something, a 6 month Mutoh reign is the real darkest timeline

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lamuella posted:

- by the end of the year an episode of AEW Dynamite will have had a higher 18-49 rating than that week's RAW.

So this just happened.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ew god. delete whatever i put on here. so stinky

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Other
The nicely dressed gentlemen, some of whom are missing a bit of a finger, finally decide to stop funding Zero1 & it collapses.
Don't Post Puro Here's 2021 wrestler of the year is someone from AEW.
After the vaccines hopefully put a dent in COVID Mei Suruga is able to work for AEW & is awesome.

I did not imagine that Lulupencil would go to America & showup on an AEW PPV before Mei.

My AJPW predictions are the only ones that aren't mostly wrong.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

I did not imagine that Lulupencil would go to America & showup on an AEW PPV before Mei.

My AJPW predictions are the only ones that aren't mostly wrong.

Mei was in the AEW women's tournament so you are in fact correct with your prediction, unless you specifically meant she would have to go to America

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Halfway through the year and I've been wrong about just about everything. But most of my predictions were bleak so yay.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Quickly skimmed some of the predictions y’all made for this year and hoo boy. Will be fun when we check the final results in January

I think this one from Tato is my favorite

”Think of the most excruciating and terrible Fiend segment this year. One that made you embarrassed for all the wrestlers involved and question why you're still watching. Something 20 times more embarrassing will be booked with The Fiend in 2021.”

Yep…yep.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Sep 10, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

a cyborg mug posted:

Mei was in the AEW women's tournament so you are in fact correct with your prediction, unless you specifically meant she would have to go to America

It's one of those "technically right but when I said it I deffo meant going to America" things

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

wow, most of my predictions are even more wrong than I thought. anyway, I have three months for that to change

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Venomous posted:

wow, most of my predictions are even more wrong than I thought. anyway, I have three months for that to change

I hope you being incredibly wrong becomes a yearly tradition :yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

a cyborg mug posted:

I hope you being incredibly wrong becomes a yearly tradition :yeshaha:

it already is :getin: