Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Holy Five Rules:

1. You can find any position anywhere in the draft.
2. Any position can be taken in the top 10.
3. All positions are short shelf lives, not just RB.
4. Discounting prospects for perceived personality problems makes you no better than Mel Kiper.
5. Mock drafts are mockable.

Doltos fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Devonta Smith has such good numbers but the measurables have turned a bunch of people off him. I can see him going right after Ja’Marr if he has a strong combine

He’s got really good tape tho

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I like Trey Lance. I hope he goes high and does well. Preferably on my team.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bring me every defensive player in the draft. All of them. I would like a defense that is worthwhile.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did Kwity Paye opt out? No way Michigan has a Top-10 talent playing

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Bring me every defensive player in the draft. All of them. I would like a defense that is worthwhile.

My team's defense pretty much sucks but I'm all in on OL right now. Bring me all of the guards and centers and swing tackles.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thanks Doltos

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Justin fields does not play for clemson.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
How good are the left tackles for bama and northwestern and can the bears get one of them

It's crazy that devonta was the second option on his team but is viewed so highly

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

whos that broooown posted:

Justin fields does not play for clemson.

Yes he does, YES HE DOES (edited OP)

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did Kwity Paye opt out? No way Michigan has a Top-10 talent playing

He played and has been really good this year, just not world beating. He was also playing with a groin injury that has him sidelined currently. He's absolutely a top 10 talent on athleticism alone. Pure downhill rusher, extremely violent with his hands, never gives up on plays, and is often tasked with taking on the biggest OT a team has. He should really be higher on my list but he was just okay so far this year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mastershakeman posted:

How good are the left tackles for bama and northwestern and can the bears get one of them

It's crazy that devonta was the second option on his team but is viewed so highly

DeVonta was the third option last year but definitely Mac Jones' go to guy this year after Waddle went down. John Metchie III should also be a top pick next year.

For the OTs Alex Leatherwood is seen as the name prospect but he's not that great. I think he's moving inside or to the right in the NFL because he's slow. He's not even the best player on that o-line and not even the biggest either. Rashawn Slater will be a top 25 pick this year and is an absolute clamper. He opted out this year but his junior year tape was superb. He's going to be one of the best run blockers in the NFL some day and has a lot of promise to ascend as a pass blocker too. To put it another way he blanked Chase Young on pretty much every snap. Besides that Vera-Tucker and Teven Jenkins will both be high picks too with guys like Christian Darrisaw right behind them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I want Sewell

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I want a big ol fat guy to plug the middle of the defense thanks

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Doltos posted:

DeVonta was the third option last year but definitely Mac Jones' go to guy this year after Waddle went down. John Metchie III should also be a top pick next year.

For the OTs Alex Leatherwood is seen as the name prospect but he's not that great. I think he's moving inside or to the right in the NFL because he's slow. He's not even the best player on that o-line and not even the biggest either. Rashawn Slater will be a top 25 pick this year and is an absolute clamper. He opted out this year but his junior year tape was superb. He's going to be one of the best run blockers in the NFL some day and has a lot of promise to ascend as a pass blocker too. To put it another way he blanked Chase Young on pretty much every snap. Besides that Vera-Tucker and Teven Jenkins will both be high picks too with guys like Christian Darrisaw right behind them.

https://twitter.com/BobbyBeltTX/status/1315841732702068736

Thanks. Yeah I want this guy in the first

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I think it's worth noting in re: to Micah Parsons he has a weird sexual harassment thing he was involved in:

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/penn-state-football-player-coach-james-franklin-told/story?id=74314780

Parsons and a couple others basically sexually harassed Isaiah Humphries until he got into a fight with Parsons and pulled a knife. I'm sure someone will still draft him in the first, but top 10 seems like kind of a big risk for that kind of a weird rear end in a top hat.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Atlanta needs a QB as Matt Ryan got the old to go along with his noodle arm.

I realize Atlanta won't draft a QB in the first round - probably another receiver or a safety who looks lost - and if they did, they're not high enough to get Lawrence or Fields. What exists beyond those two?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Agreed, Browns particularly need LB and CB at least. Go heavy on the D if this year is good for that. Though maybe a WR if a BPA falls in the lap.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if the bengals don't get sewell, the falcons or anyone could trade with them to get fields. if they like him. i don't know. i'm putting this idea out there to the teams. draft strategy

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Cavauro posted:

if the bengals don't get sewell, the falcons or anyone could trade with them to get fields. if they like him. i don't know. i'm putting this idea out there to the teams. draft strategy
fields is going at 2 to the jags though?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

The panthers have several areas of need so realistically they can draft any of the superstars and be fine. Maybe not wide receiver.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's how all the teams are operating. but i'm a draft strategist. thinking about the deep possible chess moves and always haveing a plan.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
With the draft thread live and my brain needing something to unwind from after another rousing browns disappointment here's my first go around of Best Draft Names

Amon-Ra Julian Heru J. St. Brown – little brother of the Packers wide receiver Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown
Chazz Surratt
Sage Surratt
Liam Eichenberg
Bubba Bolden
Dazz Newsome – he escaped Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 and is coming for us all.
Chuba Hubbard – please end up in cleveland somehow
Deommodore Lenoir
Jack Anderson – university college of state
Stone Forsyth
Tuf Borland

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Chubby Hubby is a Browns rear end name. Didn't y'all have some dude fuzzy-wuzzy or something?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Chubby Hubby is a Browns rear end name. Didn't y'all have some dude fuzzy-wuzzy or something?

Fozzy Whitaker

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kyle Pitts is the most dominant skill guy I've ever seen come out of Florida.

If he was available when Miami's first (Texans) pick comes around, I would jump all over him ahead of any WR's in the draft. He's "centerpiece of your offense for the next 8 years" good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Pitts over Chase? Phew

Bold

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Pitts over Chase? Phew

Bold

I think you can make the argument that Chase is the better need pick because he's the quintessential downfield threat and we don't have anyone on the roster who can do that right now (sorry Jakeem lol).

There is a possibility we could get Pitts with the Texans pick and address outside WR with Waddle later in the first round.

I'm just salivating at the thought of 2 TE sets with Pitts and Gesicki and what Tua could do with them in the middle of the field and in the red zone.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Is Trevor Lawrence just the latest guy who's being propped up as the next Andrew Luck because the media wants that kind of story or is he actually good? If he is good, what does he do that makes him so good?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

With the draft thread live and my brain needing something to unwind from after another rousing browns disappointment here's my first go around of Best Draft Names

Dang it, Kavosiey Smoke is only a sophomore.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here's Dan Brugler's top 5 at each from today's column. It's a massive article so read it if you have a sub. Wilson over Fields is interesting.

https://theathletic.com/2260828/2020/12/15/nfl-draft-position-rankings/

code:
Quarterback
1. Trevor Lawrence, Clemson (6-5, 220)
2. *Zach Wilson, BYU (6-2, 212)
3. *Justin Fields, Ohio State (6-3, 218)
4. Trey Lance, North Dakota State (6-3, 225)
5. *Mac Jones, Alabama (6-2, 215)

Running back
1. Travis Etienne, Clemson (5-10, 212)
2. Najee Harris, Alabama (6-2, 232)
3. *Javonte Williams, North Carolina (5-10, 220)
4. Michael Carter, North Carolina (5-9, 195)
5. Kenneth Gainwell, Memphis (5-11, 195)

Wide receiver
1. Ja’Marr Chase, LSU (6-0, 210)
2. DeVonta Smith, Alabama (6-0, 172)
3. *Jaylen Waddle, Alabama (5-10, 182)
4. Kadarius Toney, Florida (5-11, 195)
5. Terrace Marshall Jr., LSU (6-3, 203)

Tight end
1. *Kyle Pitts, Florida (6-6, 240)
2. *Pat Freiermuth, Penn State (6-5, 260)
3. *Brevin Jordan, Miami (6-3, 244)
4. *Hunter Long, Boston College (6-5, 255)
5. *Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame (6-4, 252)

Offensive tackle
1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-6, 330)
2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-4, 308)
3. *Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-5, 315)
4. *Jalen Mayfield, Michigan (6-5, 320)
5. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-7, 320)

Interior offensive line
1. *Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC (6-4, 315)
2. Landon Dickerson, Alabama (6-5, 344)
3. *Wyatt Davis, Ohio State (6-4, 315)
4. Alex Leatherwood, Alabama (6-5, 313)
5. Darian Kinnard, Kentucky (6-4, 345)

Edge rusher
1. Kwity Paye, Michigan (6-3, 271)
2. *Azeez Ojulari, Georgia (6-2, 241)
3. Gregory Rousseau, Miami (6-7, 265)
4. *Jayson Oweh, Penn State (6-5, 255)
5. *Joseph Ossai, Texas (6-3, 255)

Defensive tackle
1. *Christian Barmore, Alabama (6-5, 310)
2. *Daviyon Nixon, Iowa (6-2, 306)
3. Jay Tufele, USC (6-3, 315)
4. Levi Onwuzurike, Washington (6-3, 290)
5. Jaylen Twyman, Pittsburgh (6-2, 290)

Linebacker
1. Micah Parsons, Penn State (6-3, 244)
2. *Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame (6-2, 220)
3. *Zaven Collins, Tulsa (6-3, 259)
4. *Nick Bolton, Missouri (6-0, 235)
5. Chazz Surratt, North Carolina (6-2, 227)

Cornerback
1. Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech (6-2, 205)
2. *Patrick Surtain II, Alabama (6-2, 205)
3. *Derion Kendrick, Clemson (6-0, 190)
4. Jaycee Horn, South Carolina (6-1, 205)
5. Asante Samuel, Florida State (5-10, 185)

Safety
1. *Trevon Moehrig, TCU (6-1, 209)
2. Jevon Holland, Oregon (6-1, 200)
3. *Shaun Wade, Ohio State (6-1, 195)
4. Andre Cisco, Syracuse (6-0, 205)
5. Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State (6-3, 212)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

There is a possibility we could get Pitts with the Texans pick and address outside WR with Waddle later in the first round.

I'm just salivating at the thought of 2 TE sets with Pitts and Gesicki and what Tua could do with them in the middle of the field and in the red zone.

Okay you sold me tbh. It came off as a wild idea to me but your explanation makes sense and I think I’m becoming too obsessed with Parsons as a ILB in this scheme (and the idea we can get Smith at 1B

It was the mental picture of Waddle, Parker, Gesicki and Pitts.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 15, 2020

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

wilson over fields is a massive loving stretch

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Patrick Surtain and Asante Samuel both having kids named Patrick Surtain and Asante Samuel and playing the same position......

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehud posted:

Kyle Pitts is the most dominant skill guy I've ever seen come out of Florida.

If he was available when Miami's first (Texans) pick comes around, I would jump all over him ahead of any WR's in the draft. He's "centerpiece of your offense for the next 8 years" good.

I was tempted to rank him ahead of Sewell that's how good he is. Guy can literally line up anywhere, has hands of glue, and finally answers the question of what would it be like if Lebron played football. Absolute high point catcher, can pretty much go over any DB you throw at him. Think Gronk mixed with Shockey.

zimbomonkey posted:

wilson over fields is a massive loving stretch

Remember click bait. Also as mentioned in the OP Zach Wilson and Mac Jones will be the polarizing figures this year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Pitts looks good. Basically younger faster Darren Waller. Or "What if Eric Ebron was good?"

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I know FSU has been poo poo but leaving Marvin Wilson off a top 5 DT list is bold. I guess the fact he didn't play much and was hurt most of the year didn't help but he would've been a borderline first rounder last year.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Marvin Wilson is Brugler's 10th ranked defensive tackle (article expands each group to 10, 20 for receiver because there are so many drat good receivers). It's safe to say he isn't a fan!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Now here's a guy

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What position groups are gonna have awesome players available in the second and third rounds?

Like how insanely good the last WR class has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Doltos posted:

I was tempted to rank him ahead of Sewell that's how good he is. Guy can literally line up anywhere, has hands of glue, and finally answers the question of what would it be like if Lebron played football. Absolute high point catcher, can pretty much go over any DB you throw at him. Think Gronk mixed with Shockey.

Remember click bait. Also as mentioned in the OP Zach Wilson and Mac Jones will be the polarizing figures this year.

This is the Athletic. Also Dane is usually pretty spot on.