Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ehud posted:

It’s on a scale of 8.0.

This is kind of cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

It’s on a scale of 8.0.

A scale of 5 to 8 in anyone they'd potentially be interested in apparently?

I wonder how that sort of thing comes to be, it's not like we don't have available numbers to use. I'm not against the way they do it, just curious why it is that way.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Eh. Maybe that is a different scale.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1395875183362297857?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This is probably about as useful as the Jimmy Johnson value chart.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can’t decide if I’m reassured that another team graded Waddle so high, or if I should be worried that the other team that graded Waddle so high was the Jags.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

I can’t decide if I’m reassured that another team graded Waddle so high, or if I should be worried that the other team that graded Waddle so high was the Jags.

That’s why I want to see their Mac Jones grade.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

I literally just came here to post this.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I think Waddle would have a lesser career than Chase, Pitts, and Smith in a vacuum, but I also think his game is less dependent on QB play. I could see him doing better in a poor situation than the other guys would

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Imagine your poo poo rear end team writing number grades instead of just clustering names together like a normal team

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My team operates on some kind of strange tier system. Every draft has a different number of first round grades. It's kind of interesting

edit: so like there are tiers that they put players in. You don't take a lower tiered player just because it is at a position of greater need. (But also you don't take a higher-tiered player if there is no need at the position) This draft a prime example was demonstrated.

The Chiefs passed on Terrace Marshall Jr and took Nick Bolton. Even though WR was a bigger need than LB after Sammy Watkins left they passed on Marshall and took Bolton because they had him in the top tier and Marshall was lower. They still need LB, especially with Anthony Hitchens in the last year of his contract and most likely moving on next season, just not as bad as WR.

Some people don't like this system but I feel it is a good way to keep talented players coming in.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 22, 2021

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like BPA and drafting for need are entirely dependent on contracts and you can usually predict what teams are going after using the three year rule. Most skill positions take 3 years before reliable production, if your team has guys who are contributing there but their rookie contracts are up in 3 years your team is most likely drafting their replacement. I have no desire to prove this but it's just a feeling I get whenever I look at weird top 50 picks and then check the contracts on spotrac real quick.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Phew hard hitting good poo poo here

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/o3dnff/oc_team_draft_rankings_20162020_the_saints/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
How are there picks worse than hackenburg

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I would’ve guessed Pat White was one of the worst ever but here we are

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This just makes the recent Saints playoff failures worse.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chicago being that high despite drafting Mitch is crazy

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This just makes the recent Saints playoff failures worse.

The Saints have averaged 12 wins a year for the last four years. The playoffs are always a crapshoot (unless you’re Tom Brady) but I’m pretty sure they’ve had the best record in the league over that time period. They just also had an old as QB who started to break down at the end of the year.

And some really astoundingly bad luck.

Four of the Super Bowls over that five year period were won by teams in the bottom half. I don’t think it’s especially predictive.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 20, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sucks for the Saints they didn't have this string of drafts back when Brees wasn't a shambling corpse.

also lmao the panthers being dead middle.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Jeff Ireland ...who knew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when is the draft