Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Want me to convert that thing to a tantric bench for you? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Want me to convert that thing to a tantric bench for you? :thunk:

How much?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Done.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Does this go over a hole in the backyard or something? :confused:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pawn 17 posted:

Does this go over a hole in the backyard or something? :confused:

It's a booster step so he can get on the big people can.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
is your toilet square OP

shouldnt there be a subtle curve OP

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chinatown posted:

is your toilet square OP

shouldnt there be a subtle curve OP

Wait...you have a round toilet???

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That’s an adult bench now btw.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
looking good OP. you use some kind of doweling jig? what sort of saw did you use to cut the pieces?

show me your clamps

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Rutibex posted:

looking good OP. you use some kind of doweling jig? what sort of saw did you use to cut the pieces?

show me your clamps

Jig? No. Saw? Well I didn't buy lumber for the step I milled it so I used a draw knife and a planer for that then I used my tablesaw to cut the fir down to nice pretty boards. The plywood legs were also cut on the tablesaw. Now that I have a nice tablesaw I don't really need to use many other saws.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I will take a picture of my clamp box in a few minutes.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

It's a booster step so he can get on the big people can.

If you don't start training him from an early age to blast out turds with such force that he can lob fecal three pointers into the bowl he is unlikely to ever achieve the 10,000 hours required to master it (given how small the length of time needed to poop is and the limited opportunities each day provides to do so). It is sort of like how kids have a window of opportunity for language development.

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
I just finished a stool too if you know what I mean

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Looks fancy LAP but I gotta say, it's missing a bolster to hold a good poop knife in.

I think if the kid is man enough to use the big boy potty and has their own poopin stool, they're gonna need a tactical poop knife

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

So is getting into woodworking just a thing that happens genetically for white dudes getting older?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just sorta...calls to ya ... Like... Like a squatch out in the wild

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I always kinda wished I could get an rear end extender that extends my rear end so I can poop more effectively onto stuff.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
How's the dowel joinery hold up on the ends where the dowel goes parallel with the layers of plywood? Butt joining two pieces of plywood always seemed nebulous for a screw and glue approach. I could see the dowels being a lot sturdier in that application.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
just get one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec3ylrEc5Ns

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Motherfucker posted:

I always kinda wished I could get an rear end extender that extends my rear end so I can poop more effectively onto stuff.

Yeah but I mean how long before women start pooping in urinals? They’ve ruined every other invention man has made. A extra long fake rear end to extend your regular rear end is just tempting fate. :thunkher:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I would DESTROY any woman I found urinal pooping with my artisan poop bench like steel chair in a wwe match

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
actually statisticly its MEN who are most likely to poo poo in urinals!!

Replace all toilets with duel purpose urinals

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

YOU WILL NEVER HOG TIE ME, FORCE ME INTO A LEATHER BONDAGE MASK, SUSPEND ME FROM HOOKS AND SCREAM AT ME UNTIL I poo poo INTO THAT URINAL AGAIN!

I KEEP TELLING YOU THIS

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Big Beef City posted:

Just sorta...calls to ya ... Like... Like a squatch out in the wild

That's "wood" working

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BluPotato posted:

So is getting into woodworking just a thing that happens genetically for white dudes getting older?

I actually started when I was a young. I'm just old enough that I can afford nice tools now...

Internetjack posted:

How's the dowel joinery hold up on the ends where the dowel goes parallel with the layers of plywood? Butt joining two pieces of plywood always seemed nebulous for a screw and glue approach. I could see the dowels being a lot sturdier in that application.

It works pretty dang well! The only thing that I've had a problem with is getting all Icarus on it and trying to use dowel that are edging toward the width of the board. Pops the ply wide open. These are 5/16 dowels into 3/4 ply and that's about the upper limit I'd push on the diameter.

Big Beef City posted:

YOU WILL NEVER HOG TIE ME, FORCE ME INTO A LEATHER BONDAGE MASK, SUSPEND ME FROM HOOKS AND SCREAM AT ME UNTIL I poo poo INTO THAT URINAL AGAIN!

I KEEP TELLING YOU THIS

This was in the note on my wife's roses last Valentines Day.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
how much stool could a stool stool spool if a stool stool could spool stool?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Posting bench

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Colonel Cancer posted:

Posting bench

A real world physical embodiment of my posting.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

i hate to be the negative nance here but what happens when jr tries to take the poop stool into public and it is super akward. ithink an aluminum frame with foldable legs might be more appro

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

can you imagine being a middle schooler and being scared to poop already when another kid walks in and makes school shooter like sounds setting up his poo poo stool next to you before depositing a confident torpedo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe you should attach some skateboard wheels to it, make is a making GBS threads board. It'd be cool

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

MOOBS! posted:

i hate to be the negative nance here but what happens when jr tries to take the poop stool into public and it is super akward. ithink an aluminum frame with foldable legs might be more appro

When we hit up the public toilets I just give him a boost! The stool is just so he doesn't need to come and ask for help when we're at home.

Funny story about this youngin' and public bathrooms. Once he found out that stores have bathrooms we now have to go to the bathroom in every store we visit even if it's literally just for him to squeeze out like two drops of pea. The minute we walk into the store he starts telling us he has to pee. Much easier when we're all at the store as a fam. Sucks when you have a basket of groc and you're the only one who can drag him in.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

For me it's while wing walking on a bi-plane. Just drop trou and let fly.

If you pull a tight enough barrel roll, the G-forces mean you don't even have to strain.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Whenever you're done paddling in the shallow end of the woodworking pool, and are ready to dive into the deep end of glazing and kilnery:

That's how a real man facilitates a smaller man's dumpings-out.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

When we hit up the public toilets I just give him a boost! The stool is just so he doesn't need to come and ask for help when we're at home.

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child poop" - Abraham Lincoln.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

It works pretty dang well! The only thing that I've had a problem with is getting all Icarus on it and trying to use dowel that are edging toward the width of the board. Pops the ply wide open. These are 5/16 dowels into 3/4 ply and that's about the upper limit I'd push on the diameter.

I've switched from screws to a lot of nailing this summer as I try to plane things thinner and more lightweight. Predrilling countersinks for screw heads on stuff less than 3/4" thickness.... does not end well in many cases.

How do you line up the matching bore for the two pieces? I assume a drill press is involved, but getting the angles to match probably involves some clever trick of marking and positioning pieces. I can watch some youtube, I am sure, but it never hurts to hear it straight from someone that is doing it. Cool work.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

PipHelix posted:

Whenever you're done paddling in the shallow end of the woodworking pool, and are ready to dive into the deep end of glazing and kilnery:

That's how a real man facilitates a smaller man's dumpings-out.

I was going to ask if that was some kind of squat toilet, but I saw the answer in the quoted url link.

Are these a common thing?

Skills I would like to work on include ceramics/glazing and also welding and metal work.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Internetjack posted:

I've switched from screws to a lot of nailing this summer as I try to plane things thinner and more lightweight. Predrilling countersinks for screw heads on stuff less than 3/4" thickness.... does not end well in many cases.

How do you line up the matching bore for the two pieces? I assume a drill press is involved, but getting the angles to match probably involves some clever trick of marking and positioning pieces. I can watch some youtube, I am sure, but it never hurts to hear it straight from someone that is doing it. Cool work.

You're going to be extremely disappointed with my response because I am a BAD PERSON and put my entire project together with glue first. Then when everything is set I choose where I want my pegs and then eye-up my peg positioning and very carefully drill my holes with my hand drill and set the pegs. I am a filthy cheater but I always end up with perfectly aligned bores.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Yeah you match drill holes on bespoke work. Only when you're running a large lot would you bother making a jig or designing a fit in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

You're going to be extremely disappointed with my response because I am a BAD PERSON and put my entire project together with glue first. Then when everything is set I choose where I want my pegs and then eye-up my peg positioning and very carefully drill my holes with my hand drill and set the pegs. I am a filthy cheater but I always end up with perfectly aligned bores.

That is excellent. I like the elegance of the simplicity. I tend to be an engineering nerd and overthink things, often miss solutions that are straight forward, look cool, and are practical; which is exactly what I like to do.