Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
12 man tag 7 10.29%
Kenny vs Joey 19 27.94%
Deeb and Swole vs Diamante and Ivelisse 8 11.76%
Hardy Party vs The Good the Bad and the Hungy 34 50.00%
Total: 68 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mox is probably going to Wrestle Kingdom. I haven't watched all of them so maybe I just missed it, but there's been no sign of him in Renee's twitch streams.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

100% agreed. Grats to Cody and Brandi.

Part of me wonders if Mox is at home with Renee for a while or something because I find his TOTAL absence for two weeks kind of strange. I hope now that it's been two weeks they hold off for some bigger, Austin-esque "poo poo just got real" moment, BUT if they were gonna do that, they should've either had Kenny do something more brutal or do more to sell the brutality of what Kenny did to explain the absence.

Pylons posted:

Mox is probably going to Wrestle Kingdom.

yeah tony lied imo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dang, a people write up https://people.com/parents/pro-wrestlers-brandi-and-cody-rhodes-expecting-first-child-together/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

100% agreed. Grats to Cody and Brandi.

Part of me wonders if Mox is at home with Renee for a while or something because I find his TOTAL absence for two weeks kind of strange. I hope now that it's been two weeks they hold off for some bigger, Austin-esque "poo poo just got real" moment, BUT if they were gonna do that, they should've either had Kenny do something more brutal or do more to sell the brutality of what Kenny did to explain the absence.

I was waitin' for that guitar string tonight and we got PAC instead. I think they may hold him off for a while now because when he does come back, it's time to start building to the match at Revolution and that's still a while away.

I agree if he was gonna be off TV for a month or more, which does make the most sense, they should've given him something to really sell. But I guess it's hard for him to, like, put Mox through the stage and still get across that he was running the gently caress away. All told, I guess a weapon shot, four V-Triggers and a OWA is about the best you can do if Kenny is splitsville right after the bell. :shrug:

Pylons posted:

Mox is probably going to Wrestle Kingdom. I haven't watched all of them so maybe I just missed it, but there's been no sign of him in Renee's twitch streams.

lmao he ain't leaving his pregnant wife at Christmas for two weeks to go have a match with the rusty old bones of Kenta in a 25% filled dome.

And if he was, they would've shot an angle at the Budokan.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Procrastinator posted:

yeah tony lied imo

tony lied, young boys died

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

tony lied, young boys died

I mean as long as Suzuki is around

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
They should not have bleeped Kaz saying shits

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Kaz started his second verse on the third beat, it loving hurt.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kaz rapped exactly as well as I expected him to.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
mox is probably taking a break and spending time with his wife because he was the workhorse champ for the company during a global pandemic for 9 months and they said from the start they would be writing in breaks for wrestlers to take extended vacations during, it was a whole part of their "better for workers than the fed" push.

good show, i was working during it so i didnt pay like 100% attention but i never do anyway bc of RAMPANT unmedicated adhd. i really liked the good the bad the hungiee and i hope we can see more of hangman's smile. rosa and britt is turning into my favorite feud in the company, and i am 100% on board with the kenny-callis stuff because i love me some don callis and i love me some mid-match heel promos. loving LOVE em.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Mox getting a break is good. They don't need to write some injury angle to cover for it, as long as his return is rad, which I'm sure it will be. He can literally cite needing a break and wanting to spend time with his pregnant wife after being a fighting champ for nearly a year. It's fine.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

yeah and it's not like you'd need a long time to heat up a kenny rematch if that's your ppv plan (whether revolution or later)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Man, Angelico losing in general and Janela losing in a very short time is a bummer but at least Angelico looked okay in the match.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's good to miss someone cool, give Mox a breather. Let Kenny run through some of the other members of the robust roster.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Basically everyone has gotten time off this year other than Kenny so that's good to see. (And even he has frequent breaks from wrestling)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not much to say about the show. they need to start banning some moves, or doing something to get people interested in discussing it at length

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cavauro posted:

not much to say about the show. they need to start banning some moves, or doing something to get people interested in discussing it at length

They should ban the DDT.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
so we're getting:
Kenny vs Rey
Kenny vs PAC
---
---
---
---
Kenny vs Hangman

i think tentatively you can slide Jericho in there, maybe Mox, but I don't think so.

what about Kenny's "elevating young talent" match? Jungle Boy probably? face Sammy? :ohdear:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

smarxist posted:

so we're getting:
Kenny vs Rey
Kenny vs PAC
---
---
---
---
Kenny vs Hangman

i think tentatively you can slide Jericho in there, maybe Mox, but I don't think so.

what about Kenny's "elevating young talent" match? Jungle Boy probably? face Sammy? :ohdear:

Dustin Rhodes will face Kenny for the title with a build that is so good people will complain it wasn't on PPV and that Dustin should have gone over. It will do 1.1 million viewers overall.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm disgusted by Massrafter underestimating The Natural's ability to draw viewers like this. The match will do 1.5 million.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

smarxist posted:

Wardlow

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

I'm disgusted by Massrafter underestimating The Natural's ability to draw viewers like this. The match will do 1.5 million.

I am sorry that I think Dustin Rhodes will only out draw the #2 Wrestler of the Year Jon Moxley by 200,000 viewers.

They will also win the 50+ demo.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I know people are getting weary of him, but this version of Kenny v. Orange Cassidy could very easily whip a ton of rear end, especially if they set it up as an ego-fueled Kenny picking a fight with a disinterested OC to prove some imaginary point

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Orange Cassidy really doesn't need to lose another title match.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I haven't seen it on this page yet so...

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Janela just whacking Omega in the face with the trashcan during his entrance was a 10/10 for tonight.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm on the West Coast, so this may be an opinion that no one else here feels, but....

Oh man The Acclaimed loving suck

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Good show again tonight, nothing mind blowing but pretty solid overall and I’m interested in pretty much all the main angles.

Obviously happy for Brandi and Cody, but the stark contrast between Mox’s announcement and theirs is hilarious to me, if completely expected.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I wasn't a big fan of the Acclaimed's rap bit tonight but it didn't waste too much time and the match was fun.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Max needs to go back to dorky raps about the Mighty Ducks.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dustin will debut a new outfit/make up color for his Omega match and they will break 2mil

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QMIqN0WIEo

Mox talking about car dipping and shoplifting at KB Toys warms my black soul

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So does Archer get his own crew for a 3 way feud or do they find a 4th for Eddie and wait on Pac vs Archer.

Or does Archer just go it alone.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Kirios posted:

I'm on the West Coast, so this may be an opinion that no one else here feels, but....

Oh man The Acclaimed loving suck

Yea I'm not vibing with it at all. I'm liking Top Flight who has been around about the same amount of time a lot more.

I wasn't all that interested in this episode in general, turned it off during the big tag match, I kind of realized I was watching AEW a lot of the time for Moxley. Right now i'm not interested in much outside of Hangman's deal with Dark Order. usually this time of year i'm hyped as hell on wrestling but I stopped watching WWE, I'm out of the loop as hell on NJPW and AEW is just kind of there to me right now. I did enjoy Triplemania a lot though. I'm missing the Cody open challenge because it was a weekly hook to see who he'd have a match with and a majority of those matches were good to great. Everything feels kind of like it's in holding pattern right now unless you are vibing with this Kenny/Callis thing and honestly I don't care that much about it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, I definitely would love TK to put a restriction on calling other wrestlers bitches at the very least to force the promos to be more creative, same with the weird misogyny & cuck joke, but also they’re heels, so I think that buys a little more leeway when it comes to what kind of shithead they can be.

I do think the Acclaimed has a high ceiling once they spend more time with each other in the ring and can build up some tag team chemistry. Ultimately, I think this is a fine experiment to get them some exposure on the big show and see how they handle it before heading back to Dark for their reps.

MassRafTer posted:

So does Archer get his own crew for a 3 way feud or do they find a 4th for Eddie and wait on Pac vs Archer.

Or does Archer just go it alone.

Going to keep saying Bear Country until I get the Murderhawk Monster and Bear Country.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Lance with Bear Country would be so perfect and unstoppable

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

smarxist posted:

Lance with Bear Country would be so perfect and unstoppable

Bear Country seemed perfect but three big rear end dudes together almost seems like something they wouldn't do.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

the Rhodes' gender reveal party is gonna have so much pyro it'll burn down Atlanta again :sherman:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

hunnert car pileup posted:

the Rhodes' gender reveal party is gonna have so much pyro it'll burn down Atlanta again :sherman:

If it’s a boy they’re gonna name him Sherman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

hunnert car pileup posted:

actually the reveal will be cody blading and bleeding pink or blue