Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
12 man tag 7 10.29%
Kenny vs Joey 19 27.94%
Deeb and Swole vs Diamante and Ivelisse 8 11.76%
Hardy Party vs The Good the Bad and the Hungy 34 50.00%
Total: 68 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I hope Sky gets to be featured more though he may be seen as a veteran like CD and Kaz where they may not win a title. I also hope that TH2 get more to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The old guys in AEW are all very clearly in the put over the next generation on your way out mode, so I don't see why them appearing is a problem. The only old guys who've appeared a lot for longer stretches of time are Jericho and Matt Hardy, and you'd be dumb not to utilize two of the biggest names you've got. Same with Sting, really.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hardy and Jericho can also still go, too. Jericho less and less with every bottle of vodka, but still.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I think The Olds get just about the right amount of screen time. Maybe I'd turn it down a notch, but that's more a function of AEW's roster being bloated respective to how much TV time it gets per week.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's actually kinda funny how Matt turned out to be the opposite of what everyone thought. He can still kinda go (more than I was lead to believe from the way people talked) but creatively he's been a bit of a dud. Though I do like his current character.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Yukaichiban posted:

Didn't make you wanna see him enough to actually watch him apparently lol.

Made me add some YouTube videos of his to my random YouTube wrestling queue. You’re right that it wasn’t enough to make me watch impact. I won’t even watch that to see Kenny Omega though so that isn’t a knock on the wrestlers.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

In 2021, I'd like to see a Cibernetico match happen. Especially with the Inner Circle.

Like, say, do Inner Circle vs. Dark Order. Last one standing gets a title shot. Inner Circle wins decisively (though Hangman gets to look good by eliminating a couple of them and being the last on his team) and we end up with Jericho vs. MJF vs. Sammy as the finals.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'd love to see AEW work their current training system into a full dojo system. Mostly so we have trainees to clean up streamers and wrestlers can start getting streamers at shows. The best wrestling tradition.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Would also be a good justification to keep wrestlers at ringside once they start touring again.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Why does Jungle Boy have more of a southern accent than Marko

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Pylons posted:

It's actually kinda funny how Matt turned out to be the opposite of what everyone thought. He can still kinda go (more than I was lead to believe from the way people talked) but creatively he's been a bit of a dud. Though I do like his current character.

Matt may have suffered the most from not having crowds at his debut.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

tao of lmao posted:

Matt may have suffered the most from not having crowds at his debut.

I fully agree with his statements that Broken Matt needs a live crowd to be enjoying it. Having the occasional weird pronunciation echo off arena walls was kinda fatal. I think his current bit has legs though.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Definitely more into current Matt Hardy than I was the Broken Matt, although I completely missed the foundation of that character in Impact, etc. so it’s probably not for me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Matt was mostly repeating himself with the Broken stuff. Whether it was that WWE period stalling out his momentum or no Jeff or just out of ideas he kind of just tied up some storytelling loose ends.

I'm not sure Matt is the brilliant reinventer some feel he is but I just don't care for teh V1 or Big Money stuff. But his strength is probably knowing he has to change it up and try something new. And physically at least he's not Jericho.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 23, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ganso Bomb posted:

What's your stupid little wish for AEW in 2021? Not big stuff, just a dumb, tiny thing you wish would change. The more insignificant the better.

I wish Spears would stop having a mohawk in 2021. It looks bad and also crooked.

More longform events. By longform events I mean things in line with the New Japan leagues and tournaments. I could stand to see, for example, two months of Dynamite where two matches per week were part of a sixteen team Trios tournament, with the final at a pay per view.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Squishy posted:

I fully agree with his statements that Broken Matt needs a live crowd to be enjoying it. Having the occasional weird pronunciation echo off arena walls was kinda fatal. I think his current bit has legs though.

the promo on BTE this week was amazing

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
So will dynamite air on FITE as it does on tnt tonight??

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

New rankings dropped.

Men's singles:

1. Mox
2. MJF
3. Cody
4. Cage
5. Starks

Men's tag:

1. FTR
2. Best Friends
3. Jurassic Express
4. Uno and Grayson
5. The Acclaimed

Women's singles:

1. Swole
2. Nyla
3. Abadon
4. Serena
5. Penelope

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1341824646300221440

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Yukaichiban posted:

Not sure. Last time they did some fuckery about waiting to the top of the hour.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Lamuella posted:

Not sure. Last time they did some fuckery about waiting to the top of the hour.

Just checked, shows 10:30 est

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Yukaichiban posted:

The app is saying 10:30 as of right now.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

oh, this sounds like fun: https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1341607654062497795

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

A lot of these are on their sound cloud. They have different poo poo spread across like six different places and it drives me nuts.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yukaichiban posted:

I got this yesterday - they'll air it at 3:30 am GMT.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Ganso Bomb posted:

I got this yesterday - they'll air it at 3:30 am GMT.

Here's hoping for no basketball overtime, interested in TNT ratings on this one, my idea is they should just start with shaq and have inside the NBA (the best comedy show on TV) pitch to it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The pandemic really hosed up everything that made broken Matt work. Good crowd work? Sorry, no crowds. Showing up in random promotions? nope, no one is open. Weird filmed matches with crazy cameos? Whoops, production on anything is harder. The new gimmick has legs and is a good way to roll with the damp squib that was his AEW debut.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Is it gonna be real 8 bit or half rear end real versions run through an 8 bit filter

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Is it gonna be real 8 bit or half rear end real versions run through an 8 bit filter

You be the judge: https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/xKv7GJsSaSMWayyc9

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

this is good

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I like the starks one too

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Out of the three songs I know off the top of my head (Jericho, Omega, Starks), Starks's theme had the best 8-bit cover

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Strong boss battle vibes from the Dark Order one

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
For 2021 I want more non title feuds like Best Friends vs Santana & Ortiz and less non title feuds like the Shawn Spears stuff from this year. Building to a unique blow off in the main event of a Dynamite really elevated those two teams while the belts were tied up, but the Spears type feuds just seem to fizzle out without doing anything for anyone involved.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

how the gently caress am i supposed to know when dynamite goes on

"once basketball ends" is not acceptable, how can i post in the live thread this way :rant:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

watch the basketball, nerd

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

watch the basketball, nerd

If only Suns/Mavs and Bucks/Celtics were swapped, I'm not looking forward to having to watch the Boston Celtics even if they will probably lose.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I've been wanting and waiting for this forever. They seem to draw a line between stables with Vicious Vixens being a thing with only women but it'd be great to see crossover. Why wouldn't Taz also want to have someone dominate the women's division?

That's been bugging me too. There's a tiny lady on the roster suplexing people left and right, how has Taz not adopted her into his family of beefcakes yet?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

That's been bugging me too. There's a tiny lady on the roster suplexing people left and right, how has Taz not adopted her into his family of beefcakes yet?

She's from New Jersey.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

She's from New Jersey.

She's ORIGINALLY from Moscow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/leylahirsch/status/480853583131586562

do not stan this person. nastey