Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
12 man tag 7 10.29%
Kenny vs Joey 19 27.94%
Deeb and Swole vs Diamante and Ivelisse 8 11.76%
Hardy Party vs The Good the Bad and the Hungy 34 50.00%
Total: 68 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Good show tonight. Callis and Kenny is such a good combo and I feel like I say that every time I see them together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Oh! I feel like I also need to mention how much I loved the finish of the women’s match. I audibly gasped when Diamanté flipped off Swole, who then just wrenched in the cloverleaf. Swole has it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dynamite needs to stop being so good that I watch The Equalizer right after Dynamite.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Pylons posted:

Good show tonight. Callis and Kenny is such a good combo and I feel like I say that every time I see them together.

Don has been such an MVP for Kenny. I have no doubts Kenny would've been a great heel by himself, but I recall a lot of people having an issue with Kenny not really establishing himself enough at the time and I feel like with Don by his side, they've sped that up and gotten it to where Kenny needs to be. Their IMPACT stuff has been fun too so far. I never really knew Don had it in him.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yea I'm not vibing with it at all. I'm liking Top Flight who has been around about the same amount of time a lot more.

I wasn't all that interested in this episode in general, turned it off during the big tag match, I kind of realized I was watching AEW a lot of the time for Moxley. Right now i'm not interested in much outside of Hangman's deal with Dark Order. usually this time of year i'm hyped as hell on wrestling but I stopped watching WWE, I'm out of the loop as hell on NJPW and AEW is just kind of there to me right now. I did enjoy Triplemania a lot though. I'm missing the Cody open challenge because it was a weekly hook to see who he'd have a match with and a majority of those matches were good to great. Everything feels kind of like it's in holding pattern right now unless you are vibing with this Kenny/Callis thing and honestly I don't care that much about it.

One of the cool things I like about wrestling is that if you feel burnt out or not into it you can just dip out and jump back in when you feel like it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like the Acclaimed

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I don't mind the Acclaimed but I don't know if I really Like them yet.

They definitely have potential but they haven't found their footing still imo.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I like the Acclaimed

I like them enough to wish they’d workshop some better material. fuckin “lol they have the womb time like a wimmin” punchline, what is this sub-Leno poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think I will like the Acclaimed but they really need a good showing against the Bucks because the Bucks have been on fire and anything less than great will feel bad.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Can someone draw or photoshop Jimmy Jr. and Zeke from Bob's Burgers as Angelico and Jack Evans please and thank you.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SatansOnion posted:

I like them enough to wish they’d workshop some better material. fuckin “lol they have the womb time like a wimmin” punchline, what is this sub-Leno poo poo

yeah i was really liking them on dark and then max caster gets on tv and its all gay jokes and cuck poo poo and misogyny and like... its not that hard to make fun of wrestlers and their gimmicks and not lean hard on that poo poo. wrestlers are goofy dipshits by nature, honestly, you're wasting good screentime by doing this hack poo poo. you get on the big show and this is your material? cmon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
How old will the rhodes kid be when they do a run-in to save Cody?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MorningMoon posted:

How old will the rhodes kid be when they do a run-in to save Cody?

the first ppv with a full live crowd that baby's eardrums are getting SHATTERED

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It does kind of stand out that turtle boy was a stronger insult than anything in the raps. I still definitely think people hate some of the good ones because you know, they're heels. But a few too many are getting go away heat, at least here.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Y’all have probably seen me post about Madi Wrenkowski as a big up and comer. But GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/shannonwalshpse/status/1339411374481567751?s=21

That Mission Pro Wrestling and Thunder Rosa buy-in is really paying off.

Vert Vixen AND Wrenkowski in the audience tonight.

HUGE HUGE HUGE!!!!!!!!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lol if we really want to hear some bad raps

https://twitter.com/theaustingunn/status/1339347335042744321

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

It does kind of stand out that turtle boy was a stronger insult than anything in the raps. I still definitely think people hate some of the good ones because you know, they're heels. But a few too many are getting go away heat, at least here.

i liked them on dark when they were making fun of goofy jobbers! i thought the line about kazarian's hair was funny and got heat in the right way! i know he's capable of not doing lazy hacky poo poo which is what makes it extra frustrating, i've seen it, in this company!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

Catching up on the start of the show, that baby announcement :kiddo:
I'm happy for Brandi and Cody but Mox casually mentioning that he had a pregnant wife at home while hyping up his match with Omega was better. Flame me if you must.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think both announcements perfectly suit the wrestlers

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

shiksa posted:

yeah i was really liking them on dark and then max caster gets on tv and its all gay jokes and cuck poo poo and misogyny and like... its not that hard to make fun of wrestlers and their gimmicks and not lean hard on that poo poo. wrestlers are goofy dipshits by nature, honestly, you're wasting good screentime by doing this hack poo poo. you get on the big show and this is your material? cmon.

agreed on all of this. maybe he felt the need to be edgier on tv or something but it definitely sucks much worse.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

And the show tonight was decent. Still enjoyed it.

Of everything though, Top Flight was a standout. I can’t believe just how TV ready they are.

Kenny and Callis also continue to carry wrestling as a whole.

That’s what was up tonight.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smarxist posted:

Yeah, both entirely matched my perceptions of both wrestlers, right down to Tony and JR putting over Cody and Brandi’s kid hard.

Gumball Gumption posted:

“Spooky perverts” also falls under this principle.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 17, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Cody's kid will use a razor to gig before they've ever shaved. what a carnie pedigree this kid will have

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Too many tagteam matches this week, in a row. Also, Joey Janella was a badass a year ago, feuding with Kip, now he’s a joke. Shame.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

Cody's kid will use a razor to gig before they've ever shaved. what a carnie pedigree this kid will have

They hand Cody the scalpel to cut the cord and he slips his baby a razor blade.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dynathoughts

1) Hungiee Cowboys vs the Hardy Party. Dark Order cowboy outfits are ridiculous, I love it. This is a really weird dynamic of heel / face on either team. I love Marq's new gear. There is nobody in wrestling with better ring psychology than Adam Page. It takes a few minutes for this match to feel smooth, but it gets really good. I find myself thinking how much I want to see cinematic Dark Order matches. It is hard to overstate how over Page and Silver both are. There's some really good tag synchronicity between Hangman and Dark Order here. Hardy sneaking the pin at the end was great.

Matching AEW gilets on the commentators

MJF does such a great job of praising himself by angrily denying the praise.

Christmas ad from the Rhodes'. Congratulations on the upcoming baby!

2) Cody vs Angelico. Cody using Justin Roberts as part of his announcement that Brandi is pregnant is... entirely on brand. God, you could easily give Angelico a huge singles push. He's got such monstrous confidence and incredible skill. He's like a combo of ZSJ and ELP. I want Jack Evans to yell at Arn Anderson forever. Angelico reversing Cody's dumb "drop and punch" spot was awesome. Kudos to Cody for allowing Angelico to look great in this match. This was a low key banger.

Taz heads out to poo poo on the moment because he knows how to be a heel.

IT'S STANG

gently caress yes Hobbs just going "gently caress it" and heading for him until the rest of Team Taz hold him back.

Silly Miro promo. I liked it.

Eddie Kingston out to cut a promo on planet earth. Crowd is hot for him. One of his enemies is God. Love it.

Absolutely no nonsense from Archer. Hears his name and just rushes out. Then the Butcher and the Blade! Then Lucha Bros! Then PAC! and we get Fenix doing insane poo poo. I love wrestling.

Then we get a Dustin promo. Dustin vs Uno. Cool.

3) Inner Circle vs The Guys. I do kind of love big clusterfuck matches. Best Friends are two of the best in the world. Varsity Blondes have huge upside. Top Flight are just awesome. You could build an excellent company just on AEW's under 25s. Pillman starts off against Jericho, I liked that commentary made a big deal of it. We get the inevitable Punished Griff spot, but he gets some good poo poo in against Guevara. Oh Sammy, you are so good when you're not being a dirtbag. Daunte Martin's midair leg drop is outstanding. Oh, the Trent vs Santana moment. This is exactly what this match needed to be. It's dumb, it's chaotic, but it's exciting all the way through. poo poo, Darius Martin is fast! Absolutely here for a Garrison hot tag, but the price for that is that he eats the pin. And a lovely moment of Jericho and MJF beating up the same guy. This was a very good clusterfuck match.

Thunder Rosa promo. She's GOOD. Reba insults her laugh. Britt, stop being so racist

4) The Acclaimed vs SCU. We have fifty minutes for the next three matches. SCU pop the crowd, which is good. Caster was better this week than last. Kaz did a decent job in rap response. SCU dominant from the start here. Maybe there's just been a lot so far tonight, but this match hit the level of okay and stayed there. Heeling for the win, which is good. SCU look no weaker, and the Acclaimed look like smart heels.

Max, this post match rap is bad. Girls on their cycles is bad. Cuck is bad. Boo.

Top Flight interview. They're pretty good.

5) Las Sicarias versus Swole Yoga. Starts out hot, because Serena is really excellent. Swole has got better. I don't understand why people don't just stand on her hair all the time. God, Diamante is so good. Bad vodcast ad meant I missed Deeb's hot tag, boo. Not much to say about this match except that it's really good and they're giving it time, both of which I like. Ivelisse is a smart heel and grabs Swole's hair. poo poo, that cloverleaf is brutal.

And here’s Nyla going for Serena, and Velvet going for Nyla, and there about four good matches I could see coming from this. Stories in the women’s division, hell yes.

Jurassic Express package to build to a Dark Order match.

FTR come out and start loving WHINING. The tag division isn't an afterthought, you loving dopes, it's just that it's more fun when you're not in it, you snivelling babies. Yes, I know I'm getting worked.

6) Joey Janela vs Kenny Omega. No DQ match. Toney said "he's got plunder already" when the camera was on Sonny's butt. Toney talking poo poo about impact will never get old. Love Schiavone arguing with Callis. Is anyone else's Fite playback skipping? Callis doing live play by play is great. Ah, the garbage can moonsault from the Moxley Lights out match. This is less a match and more just a beating. A lot of fun as a garbage segment, but not really a match by any means.

And here comes PAC and The Boys. Oh gently caress, we get Kenny versus Fenix. For the title! Yes loving please.

Uneven show but the good far outweighed the bad.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
At some point I do want Britt to straight up say "She doesn't even go here!"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I wish I had Cody and Brandi as parents or Mox and Renee. my life sucks because of who gave me life lol. congratulations to them, future non sufferers.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

shiksa posted:

i liked them on dark when they were making fun of goofy jobbers! i thought the line about kazarian's hair was funny and got heat in the right way! i know he's capable of not doing lazy hacky poo poo which is what makes it extra frustrating, i've seen it, in this company!

Max asking D3 why he was named after a Mighty Ducks movie was the funniest thing in the world, and he needs to keep bringing lines like that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

smarxist posted:

Absolutely, Moxley just dropping that info in the middle of a promo was so great.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Janela got too much offense, should have gotten less than that pre-5 Alan Angels match in Atlanta

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
PAC vs. the Butcher

If this was WWE, the size difference would paint PAC as the scrappy underdog. Since this is AEW, this is going to be mutually legalized assault in the first degree.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Not my favorite episode of Dynamite, but a lot of fun stuff and the shots of Happy Hangman were great, I see a lot of gold coming up as he seems to have a way to go before he's officially in or out of Dark Order.

Also, Eddie Kingston named God as his #1 enemy. The show is worth it just for that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
EMF, it's WK in the new year and that's a good place to jump back into New Japan. Even with pandemic crowds it should still be a good time. Anyway, Dynamite stuff:

- I'm also dropping off the Acclaimed hard. Partly cause they come out with loads of swag and flair then wrestle like FTR but mostly cause Max's material on the Bucks is the actual shits

- Someone teach Tony how to throw a worked punch cause Kenny's eventual title match should totally involve Tony laying one on Don

- Top Flight are crazy good for being loving 20 ugh I've wasted my life

- Very sad that the Good the Bad and the Hungiee lost but Hangman had a good time and that's all I want for him. I loved that they worked Hangman into their signature double team sequence

- OC on guest commentary was the most fun he's been in weeks

- Awww yay Cody and Brandi. Can't wait for the great grandperson of a plumber

- Eddie flipping off God was fantastic

- Omega/Fenix is gonna slap

Maxwell Lord posted:

At some point I do want Britt to straight up say "She doesn't even go here!"

Dani Jordyn will sue for gimmick infringement

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

There's a Heyman line from his N2R 94 hype videos where he says "I blame everyone but myself and society in particular for the man I turned out to be" and Eddie should steal that line.

He's an unabashed ECW fan so I wouldn't rule it out

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ICR posted:

Y’all have probably seen me post about Madi Wrenkowski as a big up and comer. But GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/shannonwalshpse/status/1339411374481567751?s=21

That Mission Pro Wrestling and Thunder Rosa buy-in is really paying off.

Vert Vixen AND Wrenkowski in the audience tonight.

HUGE HUGE HUGE!!!!!!!!

Super excited for Vert and Jazmin to get this chance. They're good people and really bust their asses. I'd been waiting to see them pop up here since it seemed like the Mission Pro connection was growing.

Thunder Rosa could turn out to be one of their most important signings with her promotion feeding women into AEW.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Also echoing that the Acclaimed are... okay at best. The match was fine, no complaints there. But their insults against the Bucks are straight up terrible and they only had one or two good ones against SCU.

It stands out more because you have god-tier promos from guys like Eddie Kingston happening most weeks.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

A Fancy Hat posted:

Also echoing that the Acclaimed are... okay at best. The match was fine, no complaints there. But their insults against the Bucks are straight up terrible and they only had one or two good ones against SCU.

It stands out more because you have god-tier promos from guys like Eddie Kingston happening most weeks.

And they've been outclassed by Top Flight in the same position of "new tag team competes with established teams." I don't hate the Acclaimed, but they need to stay on Dark for a while longer until their performances are more consistent.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Their raps on Dark are really fun but it seems like they try harder to be PG-13 on TV and yeah they haven't been as good on Dynamite. I'm pretty confident either they'll change it up or someone else will tell them to change it up though. Surely someone has to know they can't just keep making dick jokes forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The Caster hand licking/kissing thing is also just kind of gross and I don’t know what it means