Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

surf rock posted:

- Corran dogfighting with Rogue Squadron and thinking [...] that Tycho was like impossible to beat

I really did enjoy that line of "Wow, this is nothing like flying against him in the simulator. I can see the future, and I'm still getting chumped."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Cross-Section posted:

I thiiiink the only place he gets any significant characterization is the novella included with the X-Wing game and strategy guide. The actual player in-game is a blank slate archetype with no dialogue.

I'm pretty sure future works retconned (or outright ignored) him being Force Sensitive

He was still very blank, but he got to be a big jedi admiral in the vong books.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I've been enjoying your recaps, especially since my library only had half the NJO so there were whole plot threads I only ever knew from other books referencing them. Did you get to Traitor yet, or are you just mentioning it from having read it before?

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

Hmmm...nope still don't see it.

Feyl ya. Failure.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah it was pretty tragically hilarious how the ffg dogfighting tabletop game just gave up on the new trilogy giving them anything to work with after ep VIII.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Edit: Also thinking about picking up a copy of Rogue Planet since the search for Vergere came up several times in Outbound Flight, which I just finished. I remember being interested in it back in the day because it was the first adult prequel novel following TPM’s release. But I didn’t have the allowance for it at the time, and later forgot about it. Then the book was kind of forgotten in general.

Well, if you'd rather just hear about it, it's Expounded Universe's most recent finished book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

The Shame Boy posted:

It as Ackbars niece Jesmin that was in the B-Wing crash but she actually survived that one and died later on in that same book i think.

I think you're think of the wraith squadron books where Jesmin is introduced and promptly dies. I think ackbar crashing a b-wing is from KJA's trilogy with the sun crusher?

Ceebees fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 30, 2024