Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I found the SMG and while it packs a punch on damage it’s hard to tell if it’s slowing anything significantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The assault rifle has a poisoning effect.

The sniper seems to have boosted critical damage.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There's an LMG that makes you attract ridden within such and such a distance.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

Mokinokaro posted:

The assault rifle has a poisoning effect.

The sniper seems to have boosted critical damage.

Sniper rifle marks enemies and makes them take 20% more damage

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Found an attachment that does 25% less bullet damage but 100% more weakspot damage.

It *melted* specials with a blue AA12 with my normal ~100% weakspot build on Nightmare.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
That deagle only gave me 3 copper, no matter what. Still a great way to get money though

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
One person can carry more than one skull FYI. I was unaware of that.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

A buddy gifted the base game to me a couple days ago and I had a question about how run progression works at this point. If he has been hosting a coop run will starting a new run by myself/with randos or using quick match break that?

I'm unclear if there is a way I can play without him to get more cards/unlocks without losing that loadout/progress.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Canopus250 posted:

A buddy gifted the base game to me a couple days ago and I had a question about how run progression works at this point. If he has been hosting a coop run will starting a new run by myself/with randos or using quick match break that?

I'm unclear if there is a way I can play without him to get more cards/unlocks without losing that loadout/progress.

You can have multiple runs going at the same time. So starting a new one won't affect the run your friend has saved.

However you can't add cards to the deck you're using with your friend until you start a new run with him

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
I quick played into a group of ransoms on nightmare and we went through all of act one; they upped the supply points big time. We hit three hives too, it was great. Made literally like 1500 supply and 7 skulls. It got hairy at parts but nightmare feels much more doable than it was previously

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

You can have multiple runs going at the same time. So starting a new one won't affect the run your friend has saved.

However you can't add cards to the deck you're using with your friend until you start a new run with him

Cool, I wanted to putz around with a dumb melee build now that I got Berserker. Doing a new run or quick play seemed like the best way to do that.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Canopus250 posted:

Cool, I wanted to putz around with a dumb melee build now that I got Berserker. Doing a new run or quick play seemed like the best way to do that.

Melee seems super viable in nightmare so long as you have people taking care of ranged specials.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
They changed "Cabins by the Lake" so you have to take the ferry or else you get an endless horde, at least on Veteran.

Nothing about it in the patch notes, either. Kind of a dick move.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

The Hambulance posted:

They changed "Cabins by the Lake" so you have to take the ferry or else you get an endless horde, at least on Veteran.

Nothing about it in the patch notes, either. Kind of a dick move.

Aw man. I kinda dug the bunny hop across the lake

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Anyone have helpful, lesser known tidbits to share? Asking Google just gets me articles like "15 things I wish I knew before starting b4b!" with poo poo like "dont split up" "make a deck of good cards" and "the red boxes on the wall can heal you"

I'm looking for handy little details like "did you know you can grenade birds to get rid of them" or "you can escape a hag with a breakout card"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's actually really stunning how you cannot make half dead pubbies even look at med cabinets. Playing a doctor with stupidly high medical efficiency who instantly heals like half your health bar, plus trauma, plus the entire group a little bit, plus giving a 10% buff with base level bandages is fun though.

Until you get the lovely total chaos card at least.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I'm looking for handy little details like "did you know you can grenade birds to get rid of them" or "you can escape a hag with a breakout card"

I know Youtube isn't the best medium for concise lists, bit Swingpoynt has a couple of videos on this sort of subject that I found very useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFThor8iiMk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuyTE4f9Czw

I haven't watched these since Tunnels of Terror came out but I imagine most or all of it is still relevant.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Fabricated posted:

It's actually really stunning how you cannot make half dead pubbies even look at med cabinets. Playing a doctor with stupidly high medical efficiency who instantly heals like half your health bar, plus trauma, plus the entire group a little bit, plus giving a 10% buff with base level bandages is fun though.

Until you get the lovely total chaos card at least.

I play doc most of the time. Always love telling the team “I’m running a heal deck” and then karlie uses a med kit on me as soon as she picks it up

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Cidrick posted:

I know Youtube isn't the best medium for concise lists, bit Swingpoynt has a couple of videos on this sort of subject that I found very useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFThor8iiMk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuyTE4f9Czw

I haven't watched these since Tunnels of Terror came out but I imagine most or all of it is still relevant.

Thanks, there are some good tips in these videos!

edit:

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I play doc most of the time. Always love telling the team “I’m running a heal deck” and then karlie uses a med kit on me as soon as she picks it up

Karlee: UGH I don't HAVE to do this, you know :mad:

WHY BONER NOW fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 6, 2022

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

Pillbug

WHY BONER NOW posted:

One of the things that had an immediate impact on my game was learning to tell the difference between Snitches and Tattlers. Snitches have white lights around their necks, and Tattlers have red lights. You can kill the ones with white lights and not get a horde. The ones with red lights always call a horde when they die. Silenced weapons don't alert either of them, even when you are shooting them.

Also, ALWAYS buy the upgrade to give yourself better goodies in slots 3, 4, and 5. It makes a difference.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Those are good tips! I didn't know you can shoot them with silencers like that, haha. And yeah by the end of a run if you haven't upgraded your accessory slots you're really messing up. Feels bad when I can't afford them.

Here's a tip I figured out this past weekend: when you're playing with bots, and you die, you can jump into one of the bots and play as them until you find your character and free them. When you character gets freed, you jump back into them.

Over the course of the game, when you pick up copper, everyone on the team gets it. So you pick up a 25-copper, all players get 25 copper. Including the bots...but they never spend any. So, when you're using a bot character while trying to rescue your character...check out how much money the bot has. Probably a shitload. Drop it on the ground before rescuing your character. Then rescue your character and go pick up the money. The perfect crime.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

There is a card that lets you disarm trapped doors/alarmed cars/birds. How on earth does the interaction with birds work?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Canopus250 posted:

There is a card that lets you disarm trapped doors/alarmed cars/birds. How on earth does the interaction with birds work?

Birds defused. Counterterrorists win.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Canopus250 posted:

most people don't realize B4B is such a realistic zombie survival simulator that it even simulates the fact that birds aren't real and are in fact drones which can be disarmed

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Do I cut the blue feather or the red feather???

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

I just assume it's your character sneaking up on them and then stuffing them all in his craw like Spiders Georg.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Anybody else noticing that nightmare seems noticeably easier than it used to be?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Canopus250 posted:

lmao this dude doesn't know how to diffuse birds irl

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

Pillbug

tehinternet posted:

Anybody else noticing that nightmare seems noticeably easier than it used to be?

I certainly do, but I started playing nightmare right before the prior update screwed up the spawn rates for specials. The Tunnels of Terror update brought it back to where it was before (I think).

Canopus250 posted:

Comically, the birds self-destruct when you defuse them. It's actually really stupid, but in a not annoying sort of way. :shrug:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Holy poo poo, cost of avarice is a horrible card. God loving help you if you're playing alone with bots, they never spend money and will recieve the full penalty. I could not figure out why they wouldn't survive a single round in the nursery, getting downed by commons, until I noticed how slow they were moving. It's a total run killer. What a lovely card to put in your game

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

Pillbug
The only good thing about Cost of Avarice is that it keeps Walker / Jim / Evangelo from running into your line of sight.

It's manageable in the hidden hives or when you have 4 real players, but it forces you to make some lovely choices otherwise.

The hidden hives are loving great. You get a ton of copper, you are pretty much guaranteed three additional skulls, and you get two more chances at legendary weapons.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I just hate how loving boring and repetitives the tunnels are but it's a big advantage to do them just for extra card pull ontop of ton of gold/weapons. you know what the game was lacking?? not being long enough! thank you turtlerock

really wish they could figure something else out. the biggest issue is general length of the game and yeah you can quit-resume but it still sucks.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Xaris posted:

I just hate how loving boring and repetitives the tunnels are but it's a big advantage to do them just for extra card pull ontop of ton of gold/weapons. you know what the game was lacking?? not being long enough! thank you turtlerock

really wish they could figure something else out. the biggest issue is general length of the game and yeah you can quit-resume but it still sucks.

Firm disagree here. In the age of six episode TV “seasons” I’ll take a long form game provided it stays fresh and varied (not that the caves do this, but they’re shippable so meh)

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

tehinternet posted:

Firm disagree here. In the age of six episode TV “seasons” I’ll take a long form game provided it stays fresh and varied (not that the caves do this, but they’re shippable so meh)

As much as I like long form shows and stuff getting 4 people together for 4+ hours to play through a single act is a hard ask. We had three nightmare acts partially complete with different people because scheduling was difficult and it took over a month to finally complete those three act. Prior to adding the tunnels expansion the acts already felt too long, so I hope whatever they add next doesn't just extend the existing acts.

If you have a dedicated gaming group that is always available this is probably preferable, but not everyone has that kind of time.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

BonerKid posted:

As much as I like long form shows and stuff getting 4 people together for 4+ hours to play through a single act is a hard ask. We had three nightmare acts partially complete with different people because scheduling was difficult and it took over a month to finally complete those three act. Prior to adding the tunnels expansion the acts already felt too long, so I hope whatever they add next doesn't just extend the existing acts.

If you have a dedicated gaming group that is always available this is probably preferable, but not everyone has that kind of time.

Yeah, I can definitely get that, fair point. I’m definitely projecting my irritation with TV onto the point you’ve made.

I’d think having a save point every other chapter would be good with maybe a bonus if your start earlier in the chapter.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

BonerKid posted:

I’ve never felt the impulse to play an act start to finish in one go. The game saves your progress when you host and also there’s quickplay!

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

Pillbug
New update coming with some interesting changes.

https://youtu.be/mZ5pXJgUW1A

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Maybe my group will take another look at B4B, though I'm not positive it'll happen. Our usual host has the season pass but we haven't felt compelled to pick up the game since well before the first DLC dropped.

We've been on a DRG kick instead. DRG is a good game.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
God I hated drg.

Had a weird thing happen when doing a nightmare run earlier. Loaded up 3-1 and was met with 0 cards of any kind. I restarted the game to see it was a glitch, but nope. There were 0 regular zombies, just birds and a few snitches. Very bizarre. Next map was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Cage posted:

God I hated drg.

Had a weird thing happen when doing a nightmare run earlier. Loaded up 3-1 and was met with 0 cards of any kind. I restarted the game to see it was a glitch, but nope. There were 0 regular zombies, just birds and a few snitches. Very bizarre. Next map was fine.

There used to be a glitch you could do on the act after you’ve crashed the school bus — if you jumped over the gate rather than opening it the same thing would occur (no zombies, some birds and snitches). Sounds like a trigger failed to… trigger